FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, almost every race is Fuel x1 or x2. Opens up those v8 gas guzzlers for consideration! :lol:

Don't think i've ever raced on Monza no chicane. Is that good or bad regarding carnage at T1? Feels like it will be just as 'punty' having T1 at the next chicane.

Imagine the first chicane at Monza except it's a faster corner so people are trying to carry more speed and take wider lines on entry, and they've had longer to sit in everyone's slipstream so the field gets bunched up more than usual.

Anyway, for me:

Nations highlights: Subaru at Lake Maggie, something slow at Brands Hatch, a grid start at Bathurst, the SSRX god race, a VGT!
Nations lowlight: Fuji, Sardegna B

Manu highlights: Gr.4 at Austria, Gr.3 at Monza, Blue Moon, Gr.4 at the ring, Gr.3 at the only good Lake Maggie layout
Manu lowlights: Gr.4 at Interlagos. **** off. Gardens in reverse. **** off.

Well, I don't really like any combo from this season(or I did not race it yet). Short season + also having two private competitions that I am involved in means I will do FIA races for fun, without too much practice.

For Manufacturers I thought I will choose Aston Martin, because of our private team championship where I am in Team AM. But the Manufacturer races does not help me in any way, no similar race in Gr. 3 so it is pretty pointless. I have decided to give chance a go so put all manufacturers in a random generator and pressed play.

Winner is Hyundai, I think fate had a role here - I bought last year a Kia and this year I advised my parents to buy a Hyundai. I like the Gr.3 car, I think I can be competitive with it. I don't like the Gr.4 at all, but it is how it is. Next step is to make a nice livery and we are good to go.

Like always, I will have also some objectives:

Nations: Top200 EMEA, top5 in Romanian Leaderboards
Manufacturer: Top200 EMEA, top10 in Hyundai leaderboards

Bonus: get back to A+(and stay there this time)

Imagine the first chicane at Monza except it's a faster corner so people are trying to carry more speed and take wider lines on entry, and they've had longer to sit in everyone's slipstream so the field gets bunched up more than usual.

Anyway, for me:

Nations highlights: Subaru at Lake Maggie, something slow at Brands Hatch, a grid start at Bathurst, the SSRX god race, a VGT!
Nations lowlight: Fuji, Sardegna B

Manu highlights: Gr.4 at Austria, Gr.3 at Monza, Blue Moon, Gr.4 at the ring, Gr.3 at the only good Lake Maggie layout
Manu lowlights: Gr.4 at Interlagos. **** off. Gardens in reverse. **** off.

That’s what I was thinking. Everyone full speed, cold tires, dirty air, bunched up thanks to slipstream...what could go wrong! I’m actually looking forward to it! :lol:

looking forward to Blue Moon too. If everyone is on the same page helping each other with drafts, it’s a fun race.

Not happy with Gardens but I’m better in reverse so I can live with it.

Since PD "tweaked" the penalty system again, have there been any changes that would affect bump-drafting? Do you still get SR deductions/penalties for being hit from behind?

Last edited:
You know what? To hell with testing. I'm going Lexus this season (from Chevy), been driving them some and I like how they drive.

Last time around I finished in the low 1100s in EMEA and 62nd for Chevy, so my goals this time is to finish in the top-1000 EMEA and top-50 for Lexus. I don't bother with Nation's, because I don't have the time to do both.

Closest I’ll ever get to being a top 10 driver. Lol

BA229C97-BA46-443F-A11B-BCF427030BCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Are the first four Wednesday races really starting 11:00am EST? Last slot being 4:20pm. Am I seeing that correctly?

for manufacturer series

Last edited:
Getting the hang of this car. Very sharp. Plus, my DS4 sensitivity is set to 7. Followed a few cars to see how much they push the track limits. Not much going on. I'm making my time in the corners. Carrying so much speed and early, just about applying full throttle once I'm at the apex.
Messed with the front & rear BB. I'm not tuned into the effects, but I noticed the front gave me deeper braking, but rear helped soften the front grip. Not so much needing the rear to rotate, but the 86 has sharp bite up front.

Much more in it. I'm confident I can get in the 51.2s.
EnQ_tHqUUAANTeE

EnQ_jnwVgAE3lrn

Hmmm. Far as manufacturers goes I will only be racing the gr4. It will be the Ponycar for me...
Gr3 Monza? BMB? smh lol
Now Interlagos Big Willow Nordschleife-big yeppers.
MUSTANG!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back