FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • 1st slot, 2nd split. I was in the mix for podium for just under 2k pts, got some penalties while driving with too much rear brake bias.
  • Had a 2026pts in the 2nd slot 2nd split basically guaranteed and someone missed a braking point at the end of Lap 7 putting me into the gravel. Felt bad but I had good pace.
  • Tried again in 3rd slot and was really disappointed to make it into the top split. 1:57.1 put me in 7th place. Much higher than expected. I got away with murder on lap 3 and somehow received no penalty, maybe it's the cosmic PD karma? Ended up 5th taking home 2054pts in the top NA room. It felt good to race with the best and keep pace and even make moves.
5hr marathon stream. I'll time stamp it to the race directly tomorrow when Youtube is done processing it.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Sorry again for retaliating, my head just exploded, I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to do well especially with limited "good combos" for PUG and this FF Gr.4 is the worst to drive. It's not clear if I got a second penalty for pushing you off but it looks like it added time when I just got into the penalty burn zone.

My SR dropped to 85, tried to do the 2nd nations race (on no practice) to regain SR but got DC, had to do a daily before the second manu race.

In the second race some genius at the back decided to take out all the brake markers on purpose, Double H in the Audi managed his tyres better than me and I came home in 4th, which was good enough for 6th overall and 24 manu points, but not good enough to be one of the three to represent PUG in Austria.

Last slot nations for a bit of fun, 2nd was up for grabs on the last corner but I missed out by 0.036s
The pressure is getting to a lot of people, including myself. Safe to say this needs to be a topic of conversation with PD because they aren't helping things with the current FIA structure.

I also wish there were meaningful rewards for those who help a Manu qualify but miss out on the live events. Another subject of conversation for certain. I have promised myself that I'll provide some gifts to those outside looking in if Pug qualifies.

The Monza lottery wasn't kind to me. In the 9pm race I made mistakes in both qualifying laps so started 16th. The race was messy and finished 16th having changed positions A LOT.

The 11pm race I did a better qualy run starting 11th. Minimal first corner chaos and I've moved up to 9th going into the second chicane. Everything's fine, the cars around me are all giving each other space when BHAM an Aston out of nowhere ploughs into me spinning me around dumping me in the gravel and dropping me to stone cold last :rolleyes:

I actually managed a decent recovery run and got back up to 11th. It would have been 10th but on the last corner the same Aston pushes me wide. He was somewhat apologetic about the last corner in the chat and I'm thinking 'what about the second chicane ffs'.

Finishing 10th or 11th makes no difference though, its a score that will be disregarded.

Pretty surprised to see I'm up to 16th for Mercedes. I have half an eye on the top 10 but the points difference is pretty damn big so an S rank is still a bit of a dream at the moment.

Last race went MUCH better for me. And everyone behaved themselves which was a bonus. Great, clean racing. Qualified 8th which was making it look like a repeat of last race, but kept my cool and slowly marched to the front.

View attachment 838132

Danngg niicceee! I was in the same race and unfortunately I got caught in the T1 disaster in the back of the pack from people trying to drive like they're about to win but on lap 1...lmao

Nation was horrible 3 races = 3 times sent to space turn one , pit out couldn't be so bad , wrong place. Group B was a great car there but road rage all over the place.
Manufacturer qualif 1st , but bumped first chicane and spin , fall to last position finish 9th.
A night to forget even with some fun moments with GR B cars.

Meh. First slot of nations was bad. Qualified 16th finished 14th.
Second slot was a lower split so I qualified 5th. Went for a no stop, finished 6th. 1323 points. Not great, not terrible. For all the carnage we had in that race, I'm kinda proud to end both races without penalties and both with blue S.
@praiano63 I would've kept the points from first slot if I were you.

@Lion-Face thanks for the tips on your stream the other night. On the first race I got over excited once people started pitting and pushed too hard. On the second race it finally sank in when I realized I did a 57.1
I told myself "OK I'm going too fast to make it" and started being conscious about braking and keeping the tyres alive. Still, the final lap was rough but much better than before.

Last edited:
@praiano63 I would've kept the points from first slot if I were you.
I did a 1710 points in the second slot during a no stop race where i reach the 2d position but some 1 stoppers pass me back again and finish 4th.
I did the last slot just for the fun , thinking a 1 stop would be more intense , but after a dramatic first lap i ended from 4th 19th in a single lap and i've quited = 0 points and -10 SR :) .
I hope the next GR2 bathurst event will be very good , i love the track , GR2 are a bit to stiff there but i'll try to adapt my drive. Open suspension only settings would be very welcome but .....:banghead:👎

@Lion-Face thanks for the tips on your stream the other night. On the first race I got over excited once people started pitting and pushed too hard. On the second race it finally sank in when I realized I did a 57.1
I told myself "OK I'm going too fast to make it" and started being conscious about braking and keeping the tyres alive. Still, the final lap was rough but much better than before.

That's exactly the discipline I lacked! I got mixed up in fights and forgot to keep my head down and take it slow for a no stop. Good job!

Here is my test for the next nation GR2 with the Nissan. I love the way the Honda NSX drive there but it don't make the length of the 9 laps with racing soft , eating a lot of rubber.
The Nissan is just perfect at a regular fast racing pace. Half gas and half front and rear right racing soft tires , brake alance at 0 in my case , for the safety in the S section.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190725224446.jpg

Hopefully one of those TBA Nations rounds is with the Miata Touring Car...and Gr.B at Alsace, my prayers have been answered, my favourite class at one of my best tracks

Hopefully one of those TBA Nations rounds is with the Miata Touring Car...and Gr.B at Alsace, my prayers have been answered, my favourite class at one of my best tracks
Both unannounced rounds will be run on Comfort Softs, so I don’t suppose the Miata is an option, unfortunately.

Not as bad as I'd thought tonight. Sadly I missed the Nations race due to poor planning on my part, I was looking forward to blasting around Mt. Panorama. And I was not looking forward to another manufacturers race at Sardegna, I still have PTSD from the last round a few weeks back. And I especially was not looking forward racing in the Gr.4 McLaren with 10x fuel and tire wear. Sure enough, the first attempt was a disaster, from running out of fuel on the final lap of qualifying, to being shunted off both at the first turn and also the hairpin. I managed to salvage a 13th placing from last, which is something, but I was left disappointed both at my own lack of pace as well as the lack of sportsmanship on the track.

6926563725440745496_0.jpg

But I came back in the last time slot with a new fuel strategy - running more fuel but short shifting the gears, which allowed me to keep fuel use level across the race until the end. I also fiddled with the brake bias in open practice, shifting from my usual medium front bias to a slightly rear bias, which had the effect of forcing the car to turn in harder on some of the trickier corners. The result was 7th place, and my best points result to date. Big credit to whoever that was in the Ferrari, really enjoyed our little dog fights throughout the race!

6926563723427479576_0.jpg

Not as bad as I'd thought tonight. Sadly I missed the Nations race due to poor planning on my part, I was looking forward to blasting around Mt. Panorama. And I was not looking forward to another manufacturers race at Sardegna, I still have PTSD from the last round a few weeks back. And I especially was not looking forward racing in the Gr.4 McLaren with 10x fuel and tire wear. Sure enough, the first attempt was a disaster, from running out of fuel on the final lap of qualifying, to being shunted off both at the first turn and also the hairpin. I managed to salvage a 13th placing from last, which is something, but I was left disappointed both at my own lack of pace as well as the lack of sportsmanship on the track.

View attachment 838525

But I came back in the last time slot with a new fuel strategy - running more fuel but short shifting the gears, which allowed me to keep fuel use level across the race until the end. I also fiddled with the brake bias in open practice, shifting from my usual medium front bias to a slightly rear bias, which had the effect of forcing the car to turn in harder on some of the trickier corners. The result was 7th place, and my best points result to date. Big credit to whoever that was in the Ferrari, really enjoyed our little dog fights throughout the race!

View attachment 838526
You were able to do a no stopper? In my practicing i've still not been able to do that in the 458 even with short shifting. I've played with the fuel maps, running a 2, and then a 3 but I tend to fall too far behind. I was in a practice lobby last night and saw a Gr 4 toyota 86 do a no stopper with an average 1:28 lap time. Didn't know that was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back