FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out there is a slight problem with the entry details:
Bahahaha. 1.7-tonne MX-5 :lol: Even mine doesn't weigh that with me in it.

Apparently I'm still South Yorkshire's #1 driver in both series, which is a pretty sad indictment of my hometown given that I'm flapping about in the upper reaches of B having dropped out of A last year because Mazda Gr.4, and didn't even average 100pt in Manufacturers this time round.

Booted up GT Sport a few moments ago and was delighted to find the MX-5 Nations combo. Was ready to do some practice laps until I found that I was unable to select my car from the Garage. Changed tyres and made a fresh FIA settings sheet, but to no avail.

<snip>

Looks like there's been a slip-up somewhere...
I think someone at PD got their kgs and lbs mixed up!

1753 lbs = 795 kg, which is in range, and much more reasonable. Anyone who wants to practice in a lobby until PD fix it should tune the car to 98% power, 100% weight. That is just under the 202bhp limit and exactly on the weight.

Bahahaha. 1.7-tonne MX-5 :lol: Even mine doesn't weigh that with me in it.

Apparently I'm still South Yorkshire's #1 driver in both series, which is a pretty sad indictment of my hometown given that I'm flapping about in the upper reaches of B having dropped out of A last year because Mazda Gr.4, and didn't even average 100pt in Manufacturers this time round.
Same here in East Yorkshire. Been climbing through B and got #1 for both with 80-90 points average per round. There are higher ranked drivers here, but since they did so few races...

Last edited:
Booted up GT Sport a few moments ago and was delighted to find the MX-5 Nations combo. Was ready to do some practice laps until I found that I was unable to select my car from the Garage. Changed tyres and made a fresh FIA settings sheet, but to no avail.

View attachment 889571

Even with Level 3 tuning, this is as heavy as the MX-5 can get:

View attachment 889572

Looks like there's been a slip-up somewhere...
I do prefer that car to be heavier than the base setting from PD (it's pretty unrealistic IMO) but that's a bit overboard...

Full details for each race next season for both series. :)
AF773A73-71E4-4FB2-BAB0-1051836E0387.jpeg
A8827886-34ED-45D2-A8F2-A499FCD90D89.jpeg
8ACDB81A-6AD7-44A3-91B6-4FDDC028797F.jpeg
7D878AB8-7A67-46D0-A074-9B1E42F273F0.jpeg
B7DD5DF0-71F5-4AB6-9466-6D3D5915273C.jpeg
A54D4A9B-7BB6-4563-ABDB-52167DFC1BF4.jpeg
6F5823D1-1614-4363-BB14-0EF37964B4AE.jpeg
7FE4B9FE-A173-44A2-A778-158D4D4DE92E.jpeg
2CCC11A5-6AA3-4841-86F2-801E0335479A.jpeg
74C6DE01-7BE7-4579-A7F1-F1C13DDDA713.jpeg
EEE90D22-4A2F-4121-B1C9-9210D8D396AD.jpeg
14E737B3-3637-42B3-BC76-FE6E90AF86B5.jpeg
80E73832-2A54-4314-BFEC-4FF8C6D3619C.jpeg
95DACF0F-50D1-4C82-A68A-9E2C126515AE.jpeg
B2E65760-4616-4330-8CBB-289FDB32AA22.jpeg
22F08756-8377-40F2-8C43-C5AAEC67B82F.jpeg

I only have on my sport mode screen the daily races event.
Nothing about 2020 series pre-season round one.
Still a black screen at the nations and manufacturer place.
Why are they available in europe and not south america ?

:lol: I can second this, tried Macca for the first time this season and the Gr3 car is just a joke. The rear tires die even with -5 BB in 3-4 laps of Laguna Seca :lol:

It is not the easiest car to drive, but it is not that bad either. Oddly enough I drove comparatively better races with the 650S GT3 over the past few months than I did with the Gr4 car.

As far as Gr3 cars go it is probably only behind the NSX, 458 and F1 GTR for rear tyre wear. So you have to keep that in mind when you need to get out of corners.

I only have on my sport mode screen the daily races event.
Nothing about 2020 series pre-season round one.
Still a black screen at the nations and manufacturer place.
Why are they available in europe and not south america ?

I have this too but if you click on the calendar at the top, click on February 19 to read the race details, then press circle to come back out to the daily race screen, it magically appears and you can choose your manufacturer!

I have this too but if you click on the calendar at the top, click on February 19 to read the race details, then press circle to come back out to the daily race screen, it magically appears and you can choose your manufacturer!
It didn't work for me , i don't even have any race detail available day 19 or any other day.

This last season was a great rust inhibitor. I really value and enjoy battle amongst so many fast new people as well as the legendary OG knights of the friction circle such as Lloydz (who should not disappear again!!). I am just happy I kept my head above water. Ultimately I could not defeat Deafsun for the top North American Porsche driver position, but we got close - and, I performed better in Nations than I ever have. This Nations result was an effective catharsis of my devastating 2018 Vegas regionals driving performance. Winning is awesome but losing seems better to me at the moment (how about those dealing with loss mental gymnastics eh?) because it encourages me to stay humble, stay focused, learn, adapt, employ. It is hard to tell where to set the bar when it is oneself doing the setting, but for all of those below, they can see the bar, accurately judge their distance to the bar, and therefore know how far beyond the bar they must aim to achieve their goal. Well, that's my current way of looking at it at least. So, thank you deafsun, but please do not send the bar beyond low earth orbit mmk ^_^

Inanimate Carbon Rod 2020 !

It is not the easiest car to drive, but it is not that bad either. Oddly enough I drove comparatively better races with the 650S GT3 over the past few months than I did with the Gr4 car.

As far as Gr3 cars go it is probably only behind the NSX, 458 and F1 GTR for rear tyre wear. So you have to keep that in mind when you need to get out of corners.

Trust me I was looking after tires. Compared to the Porsche it is savage on worn tires. Not sure what its like in Oceania but in EMEA the Gr3 was no where in most races. The Gr4 seemed fairly competitive. I've not driven the NSX for a while and yes the Ferrari is bad too on rear tires. I know the F1 isn't great on tires either but at least it has the speed. I struggled to find any redeeming features on the Gr3 Macca. :lol:

I'll sign up for Ford again

I went with Ford this season for a change. Went the Mustang and GT combo. The Mustang isn’t too bad around Spa for one lap pace.

But can anyone tell me why I can’t enter the First Nations race to practice? I bought myself the Mazda roadster touring car, but when I go to select the car it shows I dont have anything compatible?

I see the rules state a tuning is required?

But can anyone tell me why I can’t enter the First Nations race to practice? I bought myself the Mazda roadster touring car, but when I go to select the car it shows I dont have anything compatible?

I see the rules state a tuning is required?
See my post on the previous page: the minimum weight requirement below is impossible to reach with the MX-5. Hope that Polyphony can change this before the entry process goes live.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200210154630.png

Im in a dillema of what manu to choose. All of what i consider, are back markers :lol:

Dodge; Mazda; Subbie; Mitsubishi.

They are fun, but its just a DR loss with them. Gimme advice, oh fellow GTP'ers of the championship :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back