FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. However, I believe it's still in effect that the next race results will overwrite your previous results. So, if you score less points in the next one, you're stuck with those points. Unless you can score more in your very last race.

Then that’s a no for me! I’ve been awake far too long to guarantee improvement, haha.

Another try, and suprisingly went almost ok... Q 2nd, irish guy on pole, I passed him on 3 or 4 lap? Than started to build a gap, pit on 6 lap, he did the same, two other guys stayed on track, italian(of course) and french. Irish was in supra and probably was saving fuel cause he left pit in front of me. We catch the "leaders" quick, he passed them without problems, ok my turn... Its last corner of the track, I take the inside cause got much more speed after chikane, passed one, passing another, and then, you all know... He decides to pit:( Only if he just lifted a bit I would pass without problem, but no hes idiot, almost pushed me into pitlane... I got 4s penalty... Irish goes away... After serving penalty Im 3rd.... 103pts, but very dissapointed, I was fighting for the win!!! I create an account on YT to post replay..
BTW isnt it strange that I got penalty if he was on the outside? I watch replay to see that again
Someone mentioned before that the game is deciding penalties based on who steered into whom. Usually the guy on the outside gets a penalty because he's turning towards the person on the inside and the game's stupid logic interprets this as the car on the outside steering into the one on the inside. I'm assuming because you were being shoved into the pits you were countering that by steering into the car who was trying to pit despite being on the wrong side of the track, and the game saw that you were steering into the other car (even if to much smarter humans it would be justifiable) and gave you a penalty.

Both attempts completely ruined by dive-bombers and random penalties for being hit? Completely tanked both DR and SR, now B/A rated instead of A/S. Also really not a strong race for the Jaguar either. Gonna try Race C tomorrow to try and recover SR.

4B2888B1-43D3-4FA5-9682-71D4A22C1E55.jpeg

Honestly don’t see why I’m bothering at the moment. How are you meant to race when this is happening all the time?? I had a total of 21 seconds of penalties in this race!!! All as pathetic as this one! No fun whatsoever! Might have actually finished high without them!

Got to love it when your R2 trigger stops working properly during FIA qualifying. Honestly.... the L2 R2 triggers on the dualshock 4 have pathetic build quality compare to the dualshock 3.

Its also annoying that can't change your controller settings while in a lobby in GT Sport.

Ok I create an YT account and even shared my clip, but it doesnt appears on YT, anyone know what I doing wrong?
Ok, video was uploading;)

Sorry for poor montage, action in 4:50

Last edited:
4684332964214996996_0.jpg

Went with VW again. Nearly chose the Jag but it is a bit too easy to drive. FF GR.4 for the win!

Made a bit of a mess of qualifying. Had a couple of guys ahead of me going into the last sector before my flying lap and they both hammered on the anchors. I thought I would just go for it, so I ended up with no slipstream and a 12th place starting position. The 2 guys who followed me got 2nd and 3rd.

Decided I could 1 stop it in the Beetle due to the decent tyre wear. Managed to avoid the carnage behind at the first corner and just tried to save fuel and tyres for the 1st half of the race. Came in at the end of lap 6 in 4th place and left in 8th, and thought I would have just enough fuel to forgo topping up.

I came out just behind a good driver and between us we set off after the guys ahead, putting in some solid times. Managed to catch them just as they were pitting for their 2nd stop, so that worked out well so I was in 4th on lap 10 with a Nissan trying a 1 stop ahead, and a Mclaren just behind doing a 2 stop. I managed to hold off the McLaren for a lap or so (I think he was fuel saving a bit) but ended up just behind the Nissan trying to figure out how to get past. McLaren driver did a nice move coming out of the esses to get past me and then got past the Nissan on the penultimate lap (unfortunately picking up a 2 second penalty). All kinda kicked off going into the banked hairpin on that lap when the guy behind went for a move, but it all got a bit scruffy. 3 guys ended up with penalties, but I wasn't one of them.

I managed to get past the Mclaren when he served his penalty on the last lap, but I couldn't break the tow so he ended up just behind me. I made a bit of mess of the banked hairpin, and he managed to just get his nose into the inside. I didn't really have the tyres to fight at that point so let him go and settled for 4th.

Probably should have qualified better, but the race was fun :)

After a lot of thought and consideration, I've decided to go for Renault here in my NA region. Yellow's always been my color anyway . Looking forward to taking on the challenge. Hope the issues with penalties and slipstream are addressed asap though. Players are currently so put off by the mess. Understandably.

PS_Messages_20200318_123418.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Great start to my season!

Wanted to run the karts last night but I did a lobby the other day, switched to practice in the GR3 Jag and it took me five laps to hit an apex so I gave the karts a miss!

Practice had told me not to expect much, practice was correct. Qualified 15th, picked up a 4s penalty for rear-ending an Alfa into T1 on L2 (just braked a bit too late, he continued in his place) so as it had all gone to 🤬 I switched to an early two stopper. Had made a decent recovery overall but I kept catching ghosts at the wrong time.

Then, with an outside chance of a top ten finish, this happens on L12

No penalties handed out so obviously it was all above board...

13th, 145 points (I think!) Hopefully get enough chances to wipe this score off. I struggled around Maggiore anyway - that double right hander needs a lot of work. On to the next round

Last edited:
Racing for Dodge, oh boy does that Viper enjoy eating tyres. Had a fun and clean race though for the manufacturers qualifying 7th, but dropping to 12th as I passed the chequered flag. I ran some quick laps, but in the end the tyre wear got the best of me. Anyone that's driven for Dodge have some tips?

Did the first slot of Manufacturers, once again sticking with Honda for the season. Quali went horribly wrong as I ran into the back of the someone on my outlap and got a penalty, wouldn't say it was penalty worthy but I could've easily avoided it so can only blame myself, unfortunately that put me near the back of the grid as there wasn't enough time to go again. Went with the 2 stop as lap 6 and 7 were very slidey in practice on these tyres and I'd say it worked out relatively well. Ended up in a battle with @timekiller001 for the last few laps as our 2 separate strategies came together.
Obviously the result could've been much better for me with a better quali but was a good fun race so not too many complaints

Manufacturers Rd. 1 - Alfa at Lago Maggiore

Well, I am so pissed now - combination of crap penalty system + a lot of people who are staying in house was made the game unplayable. And I was the one who said a few days ago that FIA is decent compared to the dailies.

So, slot 1 - was coming after a nice 1.55.6 in time trial so had high hopes. Qualifying was decent, 1.57.2 without any slipstream which put me in P6. Start was ok, no major drama but as it was my first race in the Group 3 Alfa with tyre wear I was a bit cautious and after half a lap I was on the losing slipstream edge. The guys behind started to push and a white BMW had no patience (I would have let him go - as he was faster there was no point defending in lap 1) and he dive-bombed me and got me 2s penalty. I let also a Porsche to pass in the hope that they might be faster and I would keep in their slipstream to close the gap with the group in front - but they just started fighting each other. Served the penalty, got down to 13th then up again in 10th and was chasing down group with 7-9th. Then in lap 5 at the hairpin after the straight I got completely dive-bombed by an Italian in an orange BMW. Down to last, pitted in lap 6 for another set of mediums. I took 2 spots back when they pitted later on and with 3 DNF finished 15th - 57 points. Should have taken them...

Slot 2 - decent lap wrecked by a white Jag who had some personal vendetta with another driver and chased him down in the flying lap - blocking me twice in the process. Lost at least 1s and started 12th. Got banged in the back right as I was turning at the right righthander after the penalty zone and my car was pointing in the wrong direction. Lost about 16s till got back on track and then lost the back in the esses due to dirty tyres. Dead last till end of the race.

Slot 3 - My accelerator pedal started to flicker in the warm-up. Had a horrendous quali, having both laps wrecked by others: 1st by a driver which came out of the pits in the racing line a few seconds before me, and had to brake hard and change my lines to avoid him - rear wheel on grass, managed to keep it running but lost almost 4s in the first sector. 2nd lap ruined by a 0.5 penalty when I was trying to avoid another who rejoined the track in the second last corner. Started 19th, got to 15th after T2 the one red Mitsu pushed me off at T3 when side by side and then again and off the track in T5, giving me also 2s penalty. I think in the process I took out one silver Merc but not 100% sure.

Lost about 15s, then started to put some decent laps, got up to 14th with p10-12 group in sight, but got dive-bombed again in the right hairpin after the straight. I was already pissed by the fact that the accelerator was flickering again and pitted and waited for the end of the race. 17th and 50 points.

Goodbye DR A, after the 5000 points lost today I am in 28.2k territory. I don't know if I will race again until there are improvements in SR and penalty system - now is complete mayhem. And as my pedals are starting to cause problems again after just 1 week after cleaning them I would probably need to look for some equipment change. No way I am spending that amount of money just to get frustrated by this type of racing...

After changing my manu from Hyundai to Bmw, I must say I had a blast. Had a lot of oversteer while accelerating, felt much more powerfull but also a little heavy under braking. So I am glad that I have changed it, eventough my first laps were 1-1,5 seconds slower than Hyundai

The race was good. Qualified 2nd with 1.56.4. Then at start in 1st gear I turned the steering wheel to get in the slipstream. And I found myself at the wall. I guess I am the most stupid person in the world that I can't even drive in a straight line
Went down to last place but rest of the race was good and I climbed up to 9th place.
To prevent penalties I never defended my positions, I came to a full stop while fighting. I found a bug in the penalty system. If you never thouch other people, you don't get penalties

Sorry for the silly and long entry

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. 90% of my friends list went from SR S to B and below just today.

I know this isn't the penalty thread, but I feel the lot of yous pain.

EB956756-B200-427A-B159-6C85C2300113.jpeg

Pleased with the race and the Corvette. Nice to drive and sounds sweet!!

Qualified 10th and definitely found the 2 stop the better option. Easily catch cars on worn tires in the later laps. Almost got through the race without a penalty, but no got one last lap for brushing another car I was passing :lol:

Ah... that was rough.

Honestly tho, i really dont want to play sport mode again until they fix the penalty system because its an absolute joke at the moment.

At the start of the race there was your usual light side to side contact going through the first corner and all of a sudden the game gives me a 7 second penalty without a reason. A few laps later a guy in a 911 rsr who was slightly behind me, completely misses his breaking point going into the first corner, and he bumps into the side of my car, thus pushing me off the track and yet somehow i get given a 4 second penalty.

Towards the end of the race there was 3 of us in a line going around the first 2 corners and the guy who was in front of me never made any contact with the guy in front of him and yet somehow he got given a 4 second penalty all of sudden.

This penalty system is ruining the sport mode massively.

I found a bug in the penalty system. If you never thouch other people, you don't get penalties

haha! love the sarcasm. I think you pretty much nailed it though. Avoid contact in race and you'll be fine.

perhaps we are all missing the point of this chaotic penalty system and maybe PD just wants to keep it unpredictable so people will eventually realize that no contact = no penalties.

honestly I wouldn't really mind if both parties got penalties in any type of contact situation. in theory it would clean up the racing, but you never know.....this current system hasn't cleaned it up and it's almost like that now.

haha! love the sarcasm. I think you pretty much nailed it though. Avoid contact in race and you'll be fine.

perhaps we are all missing the point of this chaotic penalty system and maybe PD just wants to keep it unpredictable so people will eventually realize that no contact = no penalties.

Except the penalty system has other ideas

As you can see in the video the Honda and the Porsche don't make any contact and yet the Porsche driver gets given a penalty.

Drive Renault they said..

That car is a handful. Add messed up qualifying and the penalty system on that and we have a recipe for DR/SR slaughter.

Used to landing top #3 positions from the pre-season, this was hard to swallow
RNFetchBlobTmp_so6ztvz0lundghbxlm9.jpg

So I went again..
RNFetchBlobTmp_euxoyd2fzq52r0yid1q3v7.jpg

I think Gr3 will be tough for me this season.

Except the penalty system has other ideas

As you can see in the video the Honda and the Porsche don't make any contact and yet the Porsche driver gets given a penalty.

I can't watch the video right now but I will later. One thing I do know is that you don't always see the contact that is made, not sure if you ever actually see the contact when looking at replays but you can definitely see the result of the contact. It's as if there is a small bubble around each car that you cannot cross without "contact." Not saying this is the case in your post, but possibly.

anyway, I wasn't really being serious that this is what PD had in mind. The current system seems like unintended consequences of trying to make things better. I just appreciated the sarcasm of the original post, because it's mostly true, no touchy = no penny.

Wrt the penalty system i just treat other cars like land mines, that way i try to avoid getting blown up.

This season i made the horrible decision to go with the Mclaren, is there any way to change this, i mean i dont care if i lose all my points, that car is undrivable for me.

I found a bug in the penalty system. If you never thouch other people, you don't get penalties

You forgot about lag:
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

The race was so laggy a got punted a couple of times and I punted people a couple of other times. Only 8 players stayed until the end of the race.

I finished 7th, hurrah...:irked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back