FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have a rough start to the season. Not because I haven't been driving, but because my grinding at Gr.1 Autopolis and Gr.3 Alsace in the previous weeks has pushed me into A rank. I went from 28k to 42k within those 2 weeks. I have no idea whether I can stay in A rank over the season. I've also yet to decide on a manufacturer. Not sure whether to stick with Dodge or go to another FR manufacturer.

A few questions for all . . . are capable of running a race without getting punted? Are you brave enough to accept a challenge from a lowly D driver?

Below is my time trial run for Round 1. If you are brave enough to accept the challenge just take a look and show up to race Wednesday.

To give you extra encouragement, this is what the rear of my NSX looks like - that will be the car in front of you!

7278469023478612992_0.jpg

Ok, you made it this far so here is the twist - there have been too many negative posts lately on GTP so I thought I would add some humor and give you all something positive to look forward to.

I wish everyone a good exhibition season and remember to enjoy the racing.

A few questions for all . . . are capable of running a race without getting punted? Are you brave enough to accept a challenge from a lowly D driver?

Below is my time trial run for Round 1. If you are brave enough to accept the challenge just take a look and show up to race Wednesday.

To give you extra encouragement, this is what the rear of my NSX looks like - that will be the car in front of you!

View attachment 973410

Ok, you made it this far so here is the twist - there have been too many negative posts lately on GTP so I thought I would add some humor and give you all something positive to look forward to.

I wish everyone a good exhibition season and remember to enjoy the racing.

I'll keep an eye out for you. If I see you I will make sure NOT to punt you.
Happy racing!

So I’ve decided to go for a V8 and going to keep it British! Hello Jaguar! No going back now! :D

View attachment 973440
Chrome with pink accents never struck me as a good combo, but those are very nice! 👍 Shall have to look out for the shiny Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaags in case we end up in a lobby this season.

I tried a no-stopper in a practice race at RBR today. This is what my tires looked like by the end of it. Don't think about I'll be using that strat...

View attachment 973447
So on a scale of 1 to "don't even think about it", how difficult was it to turn right by the end of that? :lol:

Chrome with pink accents never struck me as a good combo, but those are very nice! 👍 Shall have to look out for the shiny Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaags in case we end up in a lobby this season.

So on a scale of 1 to "don't even think about it", how difficult was it to turn right by the end of that? :lol:

Not too hard. As long as I went reaaaaal slow.

I had fun with Lexus last season, but I'm going to give Hyundai a try this season. I've been practicing with those cars a lot over past few weeks and I'm getting really comfortable with them.

Team Genesis.jpg

Overall, the races looks really fun for this season. I have never done an online race at Blue Moon Speedway so I am particularly looking forward to that one. I put together a Jeff Gordon replica livery last night, and I think it looks quite nice on the Genesis :)!

gordon genesis.jpg

Well here goes nothing. After missing out last season, I thought I'd commit to this one. A break coupled with a combo list seemingly geared towards power over handling cars, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

20201123015927.jpg

Managed a personal best finish in 3 years of FIA Manufacturers Cup with Honda during the official season, so the goal will be to match that or get thereabouts at least. Good luck to all taking part this season :cheers:.

Thinking a two stop might be on for Round 1, the left front tire truly dies of death towards the end of each stint...
With the softs or the mediums? With mediums I was only down to around 50% on the front left after 23 laps in the RC F.

And like I said, the speed difference with the softs isn't large enough to regain pit loss for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back