FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Testing results for the HOT Version Drivetrain challenge.

All cars tested with grip set to real and ABS set by tuner at ABS1 or ABS0, all other aids off.

All cars got the same treatment. Tested first at Eiger Nordwand Short track than at Deep Forest. All cars received 10 laps or when I felt I got the best lap I could get from the car, which ever came second.

How I set my DC scoring; I base on how the car performed versus stock set up. 1-4 worse than stock. 5 equal to stock, 6/7 just faster/better than stock. 8/9 noticeably better than stock, am probably going to keep one or more of the tunes around for on/off line play. 10 OMG great car.

Street Classics:

Toyota Sprinter TRUENO GT-APEX AE86) '83:

@sinof1337 ABS 1/+1" Rims/Custom Wing) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.764 DC 6.5

Deep Forest;1:37.596 DC 8

Combined;2:59.360 DC;14.5 DCA; 7.25

Overall impressions of the tune; EN; Car was lacking in mid-exit grip making the first part of the course hard to take quickly, and the sweeping corners on the uphill required lift off to navigate without causing wheel spin. Over all turn response was good, throttle response good, stable, but if it broke loose there was little chance to save it. At deep forest this was much different animal it took to the turns here very well. I even went back to Eiger just to make sure it wasn't my getting used to the car. I found the car loved to high speed to drift, So i laid down a fast lap and went at having fun in the car. If i could have combined a few of the corners i did while drifting with the fast grip lap I think I would have gotten it to the 1:36’s maybe 1:35’s,

Overall this was a drifting tune I think and that is not my preferred driving style so it hurt on lap time. But the car was good, stable and in the hands of someone that knows how to handle a car in a drift I think this will get great scores and times.

@787bcgr ABS 0/+2" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand; 1:21.929 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:37.151 DC 8

Combined;2:59.080 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Bunta would be proud..I think hard to tell with that guy. The car griped when it needed to and would slide when asked to. The hard part was braking and and entry if I got them right the car would just glide through the corners, if I got them wrong I was spinning out. This car seems as though it was built for this track it would slide the corners perfectly, I could take the last corner very quickly 145+ kmh. My only complaint with this car is I couldn't stand on the gas in the sweepers I had to lift off ever so slightly or I would fish.

@nijalninja ABS 1/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand; 1:21.653 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:36.940 DC 8

Combined;2:58.593 DC;15 DCA; 7.5

Overall impressions of the tune; This car has a problem with unexpected weight shift, and that cost me more than one good lap when I would just catch a bump in the track and then spin, it was very stable otherwise, good rotation and easier to keep it inline in the turns compared to the other 86’s entered. LIttle bit of throttle control and this car came alive on deep forest, easily carrying more speed through most of the turns. The high rear camber and soft rear really helped to stabilize this car, but it also made it very knife edged due to body roll, as long as I stayed in the window it was fast but I slipped out of the window it was very unforgiving.

Honda Civic SiR -II EG) '91:

@Ridox2JZGTE ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:23.677 DC 5

Deep Forest;1:37.509 DC 8

Combined;3:01.186 DC;14 DCA; 7

Overall impressions of the tune; Racing brakes+CM tires+ABS0=skid city. Once I got the hang of braking the car it became pretty good. The front end was a bit stiff causing some understeer in the car, the replication of the real race car was done very well but something changed in FF cars on 1.09 and the settings don’t work as well as they used too in 1.08. The back end of the car was just there it didn’t do a lot for the car except keep it’s rear bumper off the ground. Left foot braking made this car come alive, I even put into a few slides that it recovered from nicely.

@ImToLegitToQuit ABS 1/+1" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.857 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:35.770 DC 6

Combined;2:56.627 DC;13 DCA; 6.5

Overall impressions of the tune; Well balanced, good rotation, the back end felt as though it was doing it fair share of coming around and not being dragged along as is so common in FF cars. I think a 5 gear transmission would have worked better in this car to help reduce wheel spin in the corners, it was fast, even faster when I got the left foot braking done correctly would just rocket out of the corners. At Deep forest the hint of understeer that was present at Eiger became full blown understeer that was present from start to finsh of every turn, it made the car very unforgiving if I missed a entry. Once I learned how to adjust my line for it, I was able to lay a pretty fast lap.

@krenkme ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.865 DC 8

Deep Forest; 1:35.979 DC 8

Combined;2:56.844 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Well Mr. Krenkme for a “slow” tune it sure was fast. It had the least understeer of all of the Civic’s making a great car to drive. It was forgiving enough to allow for recovery for a missed entry and loose enough that I could chuck it around and use the tight turns and slide it through the sweepers at near the speed I was doing so at higher PP on softer tires. Well done sir.

@randyrockstiff ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.666 DC 5

Deep Forest1:36.984 DC 6

Combined;2:58.650 DC;11 DCA; 5.5

Overall impressions of the tune;This car was quick off the line, but slow in the turns, it had a fair bit of understeer from mid-exit, I could tell the front wheels were doing 99% of driving of the car and the back end was just sorta there. By lap 5 the back tires where ice cold and causing grip issues making the understeer worse. The car did fare better at deep forest than at Eiger, but I did find myself having to slow more than I liked for most corners to get the correct entry, Over all I think the settings where backwards for springs, the dampers and the toe, other wise it had a great drive very friendly to the driver, it was very predictable on what it would do. It was just stubborn as a mule for turns.

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95:

@xande1959 ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:22.143 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:37.657 DC 5

Combined;2:59.800 DC;12 DCA; 6

Overall impressions of the tune; Understeer at entry-mid corner on the mid speed and high speed turns made keeping a line difficult and required a slowdown of the car in the turn, It had great rotation at low speed, The persistent understeer at mid-high speed turns killed it at Deep forest I couldn't maintain speed for anything and still make the turn. The 6 speed gearbox is very odd. 200km/h in 5th gear….that''s where most others topped out in 6th gear. *yes i reset the transmission and tested again same thing.*

@DolHaus ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.627 DC 9

Deep Forest;1:36.118 DC 9

Combined;2:56.745 DC;18 DCA; 9

Overall impressions of the tune; Best GTO outta the lot IMO it handled the low, mid and high speed turns with ease. It was lacking a little in entry and exit grip but mid corner it was great. It had great rotation at any speed, It didn't do anything unexpected so it a very easy drive from start to finish.

@shaunm80 ABS 1/+1" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.946 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:37.497 DC 8

Combined;2:58.443 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; The car had little entry grip, but fantastic rotation, and mid--exit grip, this made the low speed and twisty of Eiger a bit of a handful, once I got the entry down the car was a very nice drive. At DF it was the same story once I got the entry for the turns figured out it was quic and very good drive.

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86:

my interruption of a MR2, taken from Mr Hammond Top Gear BBC* “You’re sitting at bar having a great conversation with a bloke about his your than he just clocks you in the head, no warning. Nothing, just *pop* you’re on the floor”. Speaking about TVR in general. But I believe this applies quite well to the MR2.

@Otaliema ABS 1/+1" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.464 DC 8.5

Deep Forest;1:35.766 DC 7.5

Combined;2:56.230 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was an odd duck, it was fast, stable and prone to tail spin, lift off in the sweepers was the key to getting through them, the tail would shift suddenly during turns causing lots of spins and prevented you from just smashing the gas in the high speed sweepers. There was a touch of understeer mid-exit, and tendency to over rotate on throttle use made getting on the throttle at or prior to the apex a difficult operation. The same throttle issues that made Eiger hard made Deep forest difficult, it was a very very knife edge tune, get it right it was fast very fast, get it wrong and you get a great look at where you just came from.

@Gino Caberlin ABS 1/+2" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.572 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:36.154 DC 8

Combined;2:57.726 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Smooth & consistent was the name of the game with this car, if i pushed it let me know by knocking me up side the head and spinning me out.Over all very well done tune, what I expected from the MR2 fast, stable, sorta.

@praiano63 ABS 1/+2" Rims/Custom Wing/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.304 DC 9.5

Deep Forest;1:35.095 DC 9

Combined;2:55.399 DC;18.5 DCA; 9.25

Overall impressions of the tune; Wow just wow, a MR2 that didn’t want to spin. Very very impressive. There was a noticeable amount of understeer present mid-exit on the car that I found hard to deal with if I missed the entry. Other than that little quirk this car was perfect at Eiger, This car was stable and fast here, I never got the perfect lap put together here like I did with Lionhearts tune but I could see another half second off the lap time with another 20 laps. The touch of understeer present in the car made for some off transitions in a few of corners that kept throwing me off I never got all the turns like that right in one lap. Overall very very good tune. Excellently done sir.

@brian wolf ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.842 DC 8.5

Deep Forest;1:37.630 DC 7.5

Combined; 2:59.472 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; This was safe tune with a defined edge. As long as I was under the performance limit of the car for my abilities it was stable and responsive, soon as I went past that edge it started doing strange things, like glowing the inside rear mid-exit, understeering into a spin, As a general statement this was good car, just don’t pass the performance edge. It also didn’t really give you warning that it was about to fall off the edge.

@Lionheart2113 ABS 1/+2" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity/Custom Wing) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.355 DC 9

Deep Forest;1:34.655 DC 9

Combined;2:55.010 DC;18 DCA; 9

Overall impressions of the tune;fantastic tune, tamed down enough for the average driver to be able o actually drive this car (like me), but wild enough that you have to improve your driving or you’re in the dirt. It has a mile wide warning zone, unlike stock and most of the others in the challenge, it tells you it doesn’t like what you’re doing with a little bit of understeer before it clocks you in the head with a spin. This car gave me confidence that I could put in a turn and not end up looking at where I had just been. The BLOR that others have mentioned I was able to tame using left foot braking and release just prior to the apex of a turn the car had enough residual rotation to clear the apex before correcting it’s line and lettting me get back on the throttle. Very Very Very well done sir.

@Ronald6 ABS 1/+2" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times ;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.392 DC 7.2

Deep Forest;1:37.274 DC 5

Combined; 2:58.666 DC;13.2 DCA; 6.6

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was very stable for how stiff it was, surprisingly little oversteer on this car, But it didn't like abrupt transitions from throttle to brake and back it would always snap over , If I was smooth on the transitions then it didn't mind them, even fast ones, it would handle without issues. At deep forest it was good, but hard to keep speed as it was prone to over steering in the high speed turns.
Thank you very much for testing and being honest with it's performance: Much appreciated.

My disclaimer...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge
Road Racers

Tracks:
Special Stage Route 5
Twin Ring Motegi East

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 0/1 (Specified by tuner)
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

Driving Setup
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Drivetrain: FR

@ImToLegitToQuit (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:27.352
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.079
DC Score: 9.5
Review: I really like this car. The rear tires had loads of grip, if you were not a Mongo on the throttle, so much grip that it would pick up a slight push in the center, more so on the chicanes. But this is a tune to watch out for. You know that guy who came into your garage calling you a fake tuner? Fake tuner my 🤬 keep tunes like this coming! Brilliant job and sorry, but I'm keeping the keys!

Lionheart2113 (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:26.957
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.036
DC Score: 8.0
Review: I went with "Loose if fast" only because I thought this animal could not be tamed. After driving other RX-7s I couldn't be more wrong. Even though I had faster lap times (being my own tune doesn't hurt) nothing can beat slightly slower but having confidence like with Legit's and xande's tunes.

@DolHaus (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:27.821
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.650
DC Score: 7.5
Review: My biggest problem was on corner entry. It seemed to plow most of the time, forcing me to take them a little slower. When I would feel more confident to push harder, that tight condition would rear it's ugly head again. Maybe that rear TOE being backwards is the reason? Not a bad tune though and I will find some time to test with the correct rear TOE settings...

@xande1959 (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:27.858
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.164
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Solid tune! Very comfortable to drive lap after lap consistently. The odd thing was corner exit, on the mid speed corners it would be exiting just fine and then pick up a tight condition that you would see more on a 4WD. Very weird and can be annoying hurting the overall time a bit, but another great tune my friend!

@Gino Caberlin (ABS 1/Improve Body Rigidity)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:27.984
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.292
Review: Had the same issue of pushing on corner entry. Felt like there was a lack of power, but the corner exit was on par with the best. Shows up more at Motegi utilizing that Low RPM Turbo.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car '05
Drivetrain: 4WD

@sinof1337 (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.912
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.966
Review: Nothing majorly wrong with the setup, just pesky understeer right at corner exit. If I pushed too hard, then I would have to rely, heavily, on the E-brake/throttle control to get myself back on line. I think the High RPM Turbo might be the reason for the slower lap times because it's not far off.

Note: To get your transmission settings I set....
Final to 4.600
Max Speed to Minimum (112mph)
Set Gears
Final again to 3.300
If this is incorrect I will gladly retest.

@787bcgr (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:29.353
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.329
DC Score: 7.0
Review: Large amounts of understeer. I smacked the walls more times than I'd care to mention at SSR5. Gearing off? Only hit 6th gear for a split second at SSR5 and never at Motegi. But I was able to take advantage of something about it at Motegi cutting corners beautifully, hence the best lap time there among the Evo's.

@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.625
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.765
Review: Tons of grip and easy to drive if you were patient with the throttle. I'm a little confused on this one because it felt good at SSR5 and I thought it would be the quickest Evo at Motegi, but for some reason it did not like cutting the corners. It really upset the car trying to mow the grass so I was stuck to drive between the lines. Guess I should have secured the "ballast" a little better.

@Otaliema (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.683
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.699
DC Score: 9.0
Review: A solid tune and I knew when I started lighting up the outside front tire at SSR5, that I was going to like it. You can throw it around a lot like it is a rear wheel drive, but if you get too radical, it picks up a push thru the middle of the turn, reminding you that you are driving a 4WD. But like most cars that suffer from slight understeer, after a few laps, it only gets better!

@randyrockstiff (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.500
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:27.672
Review: This is a great tune. The only problem was the understeer on entry could hurt the rest of the turn. If you missed your braking point and hit them late, it was almost impossible to recover the rest of the corner. Hit them right and you are rewarded. I like the transmission too, it almost matches one of my T2 setups. Nice job!

Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
Drivetrain: MR

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.151
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:26.856
Review: A lot was done to try and get the back end to behave, but it caused a lot of understeer at mid corner. It was also snug on corner entry, but I'm thinking that lies in the brakes. It could get twitchy loose at Motegi which would suit those who don't use dpads. There is more speed in this car, I know there is, just wish I could have found it.

@Ridox2JZGTE (ABS 0)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.925
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:28.842
Review: Even though it's not the fastest horse, I liked this car. You always knew where you were at with it. Only 2 minor things, the transmission hurts driving an automatic, and the ABS 0 will take more practice on my part. I never felt confident to toss it down into a turn hurting my lap times. I am keeping this car, but might tweek those 2 things.

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:28.162
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:26.786
Review: Like Bowtie's with the understeer, maybe a little more at mid corner, but the entry is not as snug (if you hit your marks). And even though I'm lighting up 3 out of the 4 tires when stepping on the gas (SSR5) it seems to scoot out of the corners. Was this car tuned mostly at Motegi? It seemed to come to life there and reward you more if you just waited on the throttle a split second longer.

@MrGrado (ABS 0)
Special Stage Route 5 = 1:29.672
Twin Ring Motegi East = 1:28.738
DC Score: 6.5
Review: This car needs a precision driver/surgeon at the wheel. Unfortunately I am neither. The brakes loved to lock up at the slightest sniff that I was going to hit the button. On the rare occasion that I hit them right, this car would eat up corner entry. But by the time you hit mid corner, the car would start to slide loose, even more so when the throttle was applied on exit. I can see how aliens (uh hem like MrGrado) could love this car, but for most of us average Joe's, we would find it a handful.

Last edited:
@DolHaus (ABS 1)
Review: My biggest problem was on corner entry. It seemed to plow most of the time, forcing me to take them a little slower. When I would feel more confident to push harder, that tight condition would rear it's ugly head again. Maybe that rear TOE being backwards is the reason? Not a bad tune though and I will find some time to test with the correct rear TOE settings...
Thank you for being kind about my wonky wheeled wankel :lol: Good effort getting it that close to the others 👍

[QUOTE="Lionheart2113,

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)
Review: A lot was done to try and get the back end to behave, but it caused a lot of understeer at mid corner. It was also snug on corner entry, but I'm thinking that lies in the brakes. It could get twitchy loose at Motegi which would suit those who don't use dpads. There is more speed in this car, I know there is, just wish I could have found it.

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)
Review: Like Bowtie's with the understeer, maybe a little more at mid corner, but the entry is not as snug (if you hit your marks). And even though I'm lighting up 3 out of the 4 tires when stepping on the gas (SSR5) it seems to scoot out of the corners. Was this car tuned mostly at Motegi? It seemed to come to life there and reward you more if you just waited on the throttle a split second longer.
[/QUOTE]

Do my eyes deceive me?, or was only Shaun faster at Motegi then mine? Cannot be right can it? 6th on SSR5 and you did not get killed? Thank you Sir!

[QUOTE="Lionheart2113,

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)

Do my eyes deceive me?, or was only Shaun faster at Motegi then mine? Cannot be right can it. 6th on SSR5 and you did not get killed? Thank you Sir!
Motegi was tricky with your car, and my left/right dpad hate you for it... But the speed is there if you can hit your marks. There is a huge possibility that some of the other testers will be faster.

[QUOTE="Lionheart2113,

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)

Do my eyes deceive me?, or was only Shaun faster at Motegi then mine? Cannot be right can it? 6th on SSR5 and you did not get killed? Thank you Sir![/QUOTE]
Even more suprising is that the time set by my tune was the fastest of the lot... Hmm. That is odd but a nice suprise. I did tune a lot more at motegi that ssr5 to answer the previous question asked in my review. I could be never get the best feel of the car at ssr5 so I concentrated on maximising the tune for motegi. It seemed to work well enough for lionheart. :)

Do my eyes deceive me?, or was only Shaun faster at Motegi then mine? Cannot be right can it? 6th on SSR5 and you did not get killed? Thank you Sir!
Even more suprising is that the time set by my tune was the fastest of the lot... Hmm. That is odd but a nice suprise. I did tune a lot more at motegi that ssr5 to answer the previous question asked in my review. I could be never get the best feel of the car at ssr5 so I concentrated on maximising the tune for motegi. It seemed to work well enough for lionheart. :)
Well I think we all knew that you can open up the taps more on the NSX's at Motegi and to be fair, the other tunes were using ABS 0. Not taking anything away from your tune or @Bowtie-muscle but I am probably the reason why those other 2 tunes aren't quicker.
And you can tell that your NSX was more at home at Motegi.👍

My disclaimer...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

Road Racers

Tracks:
Special Stage Route 5
Twin Ring Motegi East

Driving Options

Driving Setup
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

@ImToLegitToQuit (ABS 1)
Review: I really like this car. The rear tires had loads of grip, if you were not a Mongo on the throttle, so much grip that it would pick up a slight push in the center, more so on the chicanes. But this is a tune to watch out for. You know that guy who came into your garage calling you a fake tuner? Fake tuner my 🤬 keep tunes like this coming! Brilliant job and sorry, but I'm keeping the keys!

Lionheart2113 (ABS 1)
Review: I went with "Loose if fast" only because I thought this animal could not be tamed. After driving other RX-7s I couldn't be more wrong. Even though I had faster lap times (being my own tune doesn't hurt) nothing can beat slightly slower but having confidence like with Legit's and xande's tunes.

@DolHaus (ABS 1)

@xande1959 (ABS 1)
Review: Solid tune! Very comfortable to drive lap after lap consistently. The odd thing was corner exit, on the mid speed corners it would be exiting just fine and then pick up a tight condition that you would see more on a 4WD. Very weird and can be annoying hurting the overall time a bit, but another great tune my friend!

Review: Had the same issue of pushing on corner entry. Felt like there was a lack of power, but the corner exit was on par with the best. Shows up more at Motegi utilizing that Low RPM Turbo.

@sinof1337 (ABS 1)
Review: Nothing majorly wrong with the setup, just pesky understeer right at corner exit. If I pushed too hard, then I would have to rely, heavily, on the E-brake/throttle control to get myself back on line. I think the High RPM Turbo might be the reason for the slower lap times because it's not far off.

Final to 4.600
Set Gears
Final again to 3.300

@787bcgr (ABS 1)
Review: Large amounts of understeer. I smacked the walls more times than I'd care to mention at SSR5. Gearing off? Only hit 6th gear for a split second at SSR5 and never at Motegi. But I was able to take advantage of something about it at Motegi cutting corners beautifully, hence the best lap time there among the Evo's.

@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1)
Review: Tons of grip and easy to drive if you were patient with the throttle. I'm a little confused on this one because it felt good at SSR5 and I thought it would be the quickest Evo at Motegi, but for some reason it did not like cutting the corners. It really upset the car trying to mow the grass so I was stuck to drive between the lines. Guess I should have secured the "ballast" a little better.

@Otaliema (ABS 1)
Review: A solid tune and I knew when I started lighting up the outside front tire at SSR5, that I was going to like it. You can throw it around a lot like it is a rear wheel drive, but if you get too radical, it picks up a push thru the middle of the turn, reminding you that you are driving a 4WD. But like most cars that suffer from slight understeer, after a few laps, it only gets better!

@randyrockstiff (ABS 1)
Review: This is a great tune. The only problem was the understeer on entry could hurt the rest of the turn. If you missed your braking point and hit them late, it was almost impossible to recover the rest of the corner. Hit them right and you are rewarded. I like the transmission too, it almost matches one of my T2 setups. Nice job!

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)

@Ridox2JZGTE (ABS 0)
Review: Even though it's not the fastest horse, I liked this car. You always knew where you were at with it. Only 2 minor things, the transmission hurts driving an automatic, and the ABS 0 will take more practice on my part. I never felt confident to toss it down into a turn hurting my lap times. I am keeping this car, but might tweek those 2 things.

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)

@MrGrado (ABS 0)
Review: This car needs a precision driver/surgeon at the wheel. Unfortunately I am neither. The brakes loved to lock up at the slightest sniff that I was going to hit the button. On the rare occasion that I hit them right, this car would eat up corner entry. But by the time you hit mid corner, the car would start to slide loose, even more so when the throttle was applied on exit. I can see how aliens (uh hem like MrGrado) could love this car, but for most of us average Joe's, we would find it a handful.
Coming from a guy who gets consistently high DC scores, that praise means a lot. Thanks for the review man.

Thank you very much for testing and being honest with it's performance: Much appreciated.
Not a problem if you don't get honest feedback you can''t improve your tunes. Cause you don't know whats wrong with them.
My disclaimer...

Road Racers

@Otaliema (ABS 1)
Thank you sir, the car sounds like it did what I wanted it to do, give the confindence to just toss it and lay into the gas and trust it to pull around at the last moment letting you hold a higher speed than most other 4WD cars. I did try and balance the car for both tracks to allow you use the same tequniques at both tracks so you didn't have to relearn the car.

:lol: Sure, I'll make the switch, and your tune will be the first. Oh yes, the times will suffer:mischievous:
Not as much as you will think it will. You will find that you will be reducing your sensitivity setting to like -1 or 0 though so you don't get messed up by a thumb twitch.
The "BIG" adjustment is switching to the triggers for gas and break, once your used to them, you can hold 1/4 throttle or breaks on a turn, "left foot" break and trail breaking becomes a possibility.

I sadly will not be likely to complete the road racers testing unless I get lucky with kids sleeping. My to-do list for today is short but one of the projects is huge and will take me two or three days to complete. :( if @DolHaus gives a deadline extension I could do it but would wensday at the earliest.

:lol: Sure, I'll make the switch, and your tune will be the first. Oh yes, the times will suffer:mischievous:
Allow me to make a suggestion, take @ImToLegitToQuit 's Rx-7 on the track you thought it was easier to drive at, switch to left stick steering, L2 Brake/R2 Gas and do 10-20 laps. Set sensitivity low, like 2 or lower and try to beat your best time. Should equal it or drop 3 tenths. Let me know Mary,....*cough*...... sorry I mean Larry.

Not a problem if you don't get honest feedback you can''t improve your tunes. Cause you don't know whats wrong with them.

Thank you sir, the car sounds like it did what I wanted it to do, give the confindence to just toss it and lay into the gas and trust it to pull around at the last moment letting you hold a higher speed than most other 4WD cars. I did try and balance the car for both tracks to allow you use the same tequniques at both tracks so you didn't have to relearn the car.

Not as much as you will think it will. You will find that you will be reducing your sensitivity setting to like -1 or 0 though so you don't get messed up by a thumb twitch.
The "BIG" adjustment is switching to the triggers for gas and break, once your used to them, you can hold 1/4 throttle or breaks on a turn, "left foot" break and trail breaking becomes a possibility.

I sadly will not be likely to complete the road racers testing unless I get lucky with kids sleeping. My to-do list for today is short but one of the projects is huge and will take me two or three days to complete. :( if @DolHaus gives a deadline extension I could do it but would wensday at the earliest.
I've got no objections to an extension, I remember someone else said they might be late as well.
If there are any objections to a 3 day extension on testing then let me know. I know we all want to get on with the next challenge but I wouldn't like to see anyone's efforts in testing go to waste and I'm sure we'd all enjoy the feedback.

@Motor City Hami , I believe your challenge is up next so your vote carries a little extra sway if you are raring to go

Allow me to make a suggestion, take @ImToLegitToQuit 's Rx-7 on the track you thought it was easier to drive at, switch to left stick steering, L2 Brake/R2 Gas and do 10-20 laps. Set sensitivity low, like 2 or lower and try to beat your best time. Should equal it or drop 3 tenths. Let me know Mary,....*cough*...... sorry I mean Larry.
I will give it a go, and I'll even offer up this invitation...if we are both online Saturday we can take cars to SSR5 going door to door into the first tunnel turn! And be grateful that it doesn't cost money to fix damaged cars!

I hope that the other testers feel the same way, because your tune is what I would have wanted mine to be. But uh yeah, (checking pockets) I seem to have lost the keys, guess it will have to stay with me...:dopey:
It's all yours brother, I'm a MR kinda guy anyway, the Italians get more chicks...I mean, my wife likes the Ferraris.:scared::bowdown: That was a close one.:P

@Lionheart2113 might also consider a 4wd car they are more forgiving to learning a new controller set up, they force you get th steering down faster but give you more leniency on the throttle and break.

@Lionheart2113 might also consider a 4wd car they are more forgiving to learning a new controller set up, they force you get th steering down faster but give you more leniency on the throttle and break.
Very true, my suggestion with Legit's tune was because he seemed to really like it. Thought he might be more comfortable with it. My Subaru might not be a bad idea :sly:

My disclaimer...

Road Racers

Tracks:
Special Stage Route 5
Twin Ring Motegi East

Driving Options

Driving Setup
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

@ImToLegitToQuit (ABS 1)

Lionheart2113 (ABS 1)

@DolHaus (ABS 1)

@xande1959 (ABS 1)

@sinof1337 (ABS 1)

Final to 4.600
Set Gears
Final again to 3.300

@787bcgr (ABS 1)

@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1)

@Otaliema (ABS 1)

@randyrockstiff (ABS 1)

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1)

@Ridox2JZGTE (ABS 0)

@shaunm80 (ABS 1)

@MrGrado (ABS 0)

thank you kindly for the review sir. hopefully i will conquer this understeer problem lol

@Lionheart2113 : Thanks for the review :) I was worried about running the NSX on auto :lol: It has tall gearing for replicating top speed at Le Mans :P Could have been quicker with optimized gearing, but I stick to my replica, just wanted feedback on the car, and I am happy with the lap time too, I did 1:28s at SSR5 and 1:27s at Motegi on version 1.08 ( camber reduces grip ) :D Nice to hear the NSX works on 1.11. If you feel the front tires gets loaded too quickly - turns yellow or red easily, increase front damper comp and extension by 1.

@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1)
Surprisingly, I spent next to no time at SSR5, you're a good second faster than me, so that gets a 👍

It's not a lawn-mower!! I know it might look like it, but the accel sense for the rear diff, in particular, is way too high for getting on the green stuff. I well and truly beat any rally pretensions out of this car, it's a pure tarmac monster :mischievous:

You need to commit to a manoeuvre a little earlier than you might with the FR and MR cars, but once you're into it, you can use the throttle to control the car. Gas to push wide, lift off for instant oversteer :mischievous:

I've probably spent too much time shoulder-to-shoulder racing at the Ring. I knew it was fragile on the grass. The first chicane at Motegi (30 sec mark?) can be taken almost flat-out, with just a tiny lift, but it requires commitment and there's the risk of drifting wide on the exit, dragging the right rear across the lawn. Had a few spectacular spins there :D

Thanks for taking the time to shift some bags for me, it's always appreciated...

{Cy}

Surprisingly, I spent next to no time at SSR5, you're a good second faster than me, so that gets a 👍

It's not a lawn-mower!! I know it might look like it, but the accel sense for the rear diff, in particular, is way too high for getting on the green stuff. I well and truly beat any rally pretensions out of this car, it's a pure tarmac monster :mischievous:

You need to commit to a manoeuvre a little earlier than you might with the FR and MR cars, but once you're into it, you can use the throttle to control the car. Gas to push wide, lift off for instant oversteer :mischievous:

I've probably spent too much time shoulder-to-shoulder racing at the Ring. I knew it was fragile on the grass. The first chicane at Motegi (30 sec mark?) can be taken almost flat-out, with just a tiny lift, but it requires commitment and there's the risk of drifting wide on the exit, dragging the right rear across the lawn. Had a few spectacular spins there :D

Thanks for taking the time to shift some bags for me, it's always appreciated...

{Cy}
The trick with that corner is to go slower into the left hander before it then accelerate all the way through aiming to have only your outside wheel touching the inside curbs, as long as you don't give it too much steering input you won't get caught out

The trick with that corner is to go slower into the left hander before it then accelerate all the way through aiming to have only your outside wheel touching the inside curbs, as long as you don't give it too much steering input you won't get caught out
That might be true with a FR but gor the monsters that @CyKosis1973 and I made go very wide at entry of the left hand leading in so you set up on the inside of the exit, than your wide for the first right handed and just punch it clipping the first apex and and power it through left handed. Same thing works on the chicanes on SSR5, done right you clear the chicanes at 180+ kph and hit the end of the straight at 210kph+.
Done right your entering at 160kph leaving at 185ish and never touch the grass just the curbs. @Lionheart2113 did you get that sequence just right? (I ask cause it's a pain to do) It's good for a half second or more on a lap. Same with the last left handed of the track set wide, dive at the apex and drift out. Feather the throttle between 50-75%, can take or add over a second there.

Latest Posts

Back