FM5 - The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Evian
  • 506 comments
It's a good thing replays can fit more detail in then.

I think what Hennessey is saying is that given the limited time MS gave T10 to ready this game for launch the extra time they spent on modelling the cars was well spent, even if it doesn't always show up on screen in race mode. I'd extend this to the trackside detail as well.

Yeh, it does look very impressive.

But I'm not at all impressed by the track count, lack of exhaust upgrades showing cosmetically, and absence of proper pit crews/endurance races/pit stop strategy etc.

I bet you're still stuck with 1,2 or 3 laps races in arcade mode. I think it would kill them to include a race length option there.

Pics look more stunning than ever. Thankfully, the crowd looks less retarded this time around!

And hey, this ain't no complaint thread, but I wonder when T10's going to make the tire smoke come off the tires and out the wheel housings... rather than have the track fart up little puffs of smoke intermittently....

Thought this one should go here

11618538905_06b3940eda_o.jpg

There are people complaining at the forzamotorsport.net forums about no option for selecting number of laps in arcade mode.
As I understand it arcade mode has been replaced by free play which has a selectable number of laps like I said upthread. If they were complaining about the lack of cars in free play at least they'd have a legitimate complaint.

Are you sure they're not complaining about career mode, not arcade/free play mode?

Last edited:
As I understand it arcade mode has been replaced by free play which has a selectable number of laps like I said upthread. If they were complaining about the lack of cars in free play at least they'd have a legitimate complaint.

Are you sure they're not complaining about career mode, not arcade/free play mode?
They have to be. You can select up to 50 laps in Free Play.

If we are talking about the photo mode which is not a good representation of what the in game engine looks like then GT6 blows most of this thread out of the water.
Goto the GT6 "The Realistic Photo Thread" to find out for yourself.
You mean a thread mixed with general, straight out the game photos, photoshopped photos, & the farthest-thing-from-realistic looking photos?

Anyway, on the topic, my newest in-game toy.
m4wo.jpg

You tool the words right out of my mouth..... Nice pic by the way

really? in five pages of this thread I've noticed only one shopped shot and as for the realism, who's to say whats realistic or not, what might be realistic to one person might not be realistic to the next.

Edit: Sorry I think I've misunderstood what you guys were talking about, my bad.

Last edited:
On the photos being realistic.. mehh, debatable.

They're very eye-catching, and sweet lookin. But I think in terms of any real improvements, apart from upping the detail, colors and resolution, it's more of the same ol' CGI-lookin' graphics. Look great, very eye pleasing... but leave a little to be desired I think.

Wonder why console driving game devs shy away from photo-realism and making a proper game that does justice to real-world racing.

Oh well, we're all consumers, you win some you lose some. And if you feel you're more on the receiving end, go with PC sims! ;)

@King1982: I think it would be a nice gesture if you included the names of the people who took the shots you are posting. Also, no, you don't get the same level of detail while while racing as you do in photo mode or Auto Vista(not that it matters much).

As for whether or not the game is photo realistic while racing, I would think this is debatable/subjective, personally I think the game looks great, but photo realistic wouldn't really be a term I would use to describe the graphics of Forza (despite some really nice touches) but that's just my opinion.

Back