Ford Mustang Mach-E

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 286 comments
:lol:

Don't be ridiculous...

The Windstar/Freestar is too contemporary to garner enough retro appeal. Aerostar RS on the other hand...

Then there's the successor to the massive Excursion, the GT140--boasting "Giant Tires" and a "140"-inch wheelbase.
I like this “GT140” idea.
A GTLM full sized SUV would definitely be competitive at Le Mans, mostly because it would take up the entire track.

I do think that we could get away with some more contemporary throwbacks. My proposal: The SVT COBRA R, however this time it would be based on the Ecosport. Complete with giant wing, fender flares, and the introduction of a new high performance™️ CVT transmission.

I like this “GT140” idea.
A GTLM full sized SUV would definitely be competitive at Le Mans, mostly because it would take up the entire track.
You're missing the point of the convention. The idea is to garner every bit of the appeal of the namesake vehicle without making any attempt to honor the heritage.

*sigh*

:rolleyes:

:lol:

This is like when Dodge brought back the Dart as that weak 4 door sedan

2013-dodge-dart-frontside_dodart131.jpg

The LTD nameplate definitely needs a reboot. Nothing comes close conveying the feeling of luxury like an acronym that may or may not stand for "Limited".

Only thing better would be for Chevy to bring back the profoundly awesome "Citation".

I'm waiting for the rebirth of the Chevy Celebrity, personally. Right up there with Mitsubishi's intentionally-misspelled Carisma.

Readers' bait? Since Ford decided to phase out passenger cars (in the US?), maybe the 'Mach 1' name will fly in europe or asia. Who knows?

Ford's Machs, to me, symbolized a next level Mustang of sorts. But this electric vehicle has yet to make it into production. It just might work outside of the US as a standard unit.

Best of luck with that.

Yeah, that's looking like they're taking a page out of Porsche's book on using the styling cues from the Mustang and placing them on this new SUV thing. Just like how Porsche put styling cues from the 996 911 onto the Cayenne during its first generation.

Wait, so they'll make the new SUV Mach 1 have the looks of a 'stang?

I think I'm gonna puke. What were they thinking? Ford these days are lacking originality, with how the Fiesta and Focus looks these days. Yeah, I don't think I'm caring about Ford anymore. I don't think there's a saving grace here.

No kidding, as I was curious loking at other cars, the new Mercedes EQC looks like identical to a 1st gen face-lift of a Ford Edge.

We're meant to go forwards with car designs, NOT BACKWARDS.

Unless we are getting an electric Mustang and it's not actually an SUV at all.

It’d be a bit of a plot twist if this thing’s actually properly quick. Mustang styling cues, fully electric, heritage performance nameplate.... Maybe they’re hints that this won’t be just another boring crossover thingy.

Last edited:
Ford filed for trademark for Mach E/Mach-E likely do to the backlash for using Mach1 on the electric Mustang crossover thing

A trademark filing by Ford dated Nov. 26 could reveal the name of its upcoming Mustang-inspired electric crossover, as discovered by The Drive.
A corporate law firm acting on behalf of Ford filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for trademarks on the names "Mach E" and "Mach-E." Their respective filings are described as pertaining to "motor vehicles, namely, electric vehicles, passenger automobiles, trucks, sport utility vehicles, off-road vehicles, and structural parts, fittings, and badges therefor; metal license plate frames."

Both variations on the name are the subjects of filings believed to be solely with the USPTO at present.

Ford initially attached the "Mach 1" name to its electric crossover earlier this year, but after fans expressed displeasure with the idea of an electric crossover bearing the name, Ford faltered and opted to go with a different name. Mach E would be close, but wouldn't impinge on the legacy of the Mach 1 moniker, which Mustang fans would prefer to see associated exclusively with the pony car.

"Trademark applications are intended to protect new ideas but aren't necessarily an indication of new business or product plans," a Ford spokesperson told The Drive when asked whether the name is related to Ford's upcoming model.
The Drive

Lincoln to get it's own luxury version of Ford's battery EV Mustang inspired crossover
The head of Ford's North America business said the automaker will use the battery-electric vehicle platform underpinning its upcoming Mustang-inspired crossover for a future Lincoln product, but the two will "absolutely" be distinct from each other.

Kumar Galhotra, who led the Lincoln brand before becoming Ford's president of North America last year, said during a presentation at the Automotive News World Congress that Lincoln's battery EVs will stay true to the brand's "quiet luxury" theme, whereas the 2020 Mustang-inspired EV is expected to have an aggressive look that Jim Farley, Ford's president of global markets, compared to a rocket ship.

"You can make beautiful vehicles in different ways," Galhotra said Wednesday following his discussion with Automotive News Group Publisher KC Crain. "The BEV technology gives us so much freedom to sculpt that vehicle exactly how we want it. We're going to create elegant Lincoln BEVs."

Galhotra declined to put a time frame on a Lincoln battery EV but said he expects it to feature a quiet interior and user-friendly controls.

"You have a lot more flexibility," he said. "It's not so much if we're going to be aggressive or not. It's how do we use all those pieces of technology to deliver on the brand essence of Lincoln, which will be understated, quiet luxury."

Automotive News

I saw a new Bullitt at a set of lights. Really nice. Can't help but think a Mach I for the Mustang is a missed oopportunity, if it's not a Mustang. Would be a nice 50 year "Anniversary" for that first model.

Back