Formula E -Season 16-17Open Wheel 

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 177 comments
Carroll and Evans Confirmed by Jaguar

It will be interesting seeing Mitch Evans in the field in season 3, since he is a current GP2 driver looking for a route to Formula 1. I think it would be a first time that Formula E was used within a drivers junior career progression? though it depends on your definition of "junior", perhaps he will instead be seen as making Formula E the pinnacle of his career and staying for a long time...

I don't think Evans is going to make it to Formula One any time soon. He could give Palmer a run for his money in 2014, but couldn't hold a candle to Vandoorne in 2015 and hasn't been able to keep up with Gasly, Giovinazzi, Sirotkin or Marciello this year.

No but I am sure he can talk himself as much as any of those guys can on a good day! I'm sure we will see a story in the future where Mitch Evans "states he is available if Formula 1 teams want to talk"...

I'm sure there was a story last year that he wasn't interested in F1 anymore and wanted to try and make his way into LMP1.

I think that it was more a case of him considering his options if he couldn't make it to Formula One and liking the idea of going to the WEC.

New York, New York:

Circuit-plan-640x427.jpg

If you can win a race there, you can win one anywhere.

Same as the right hander after 13. I always find it annoying how commentators talk about "running wide at turn 11" and then needing to drive a lap in your head to know what corner that is... And there will always be little corners like these that make you wonder whether they have done enough to earn a corner number or not!

So did Senna get a ride for this season or no? I'm assuming he didn't cause I can't find anything saying he did...

First session of the new season is done. DiGrassi on top with Buemi just .1 behind. Jag 2.7 seconds off, but probably only used 150w rather than a 200w lap. The Hong Kong track looks great and I can't wait until the racing gets underway!

Channel 5 made a good decision to use the world feed in it's entirety rather having the useless studio bits filmed somewhere where the race wasn't. Throwing in ad-breaks mid-sentence isn't good though especially when they're just after the top 4 have finished.

E - The studio bit probably is needed now, they've cut back from ads to a conversation with absolutely no context.

Watched it on Youtube - HK is a great venue, and I'm really getting into this Formula E thing...

Shame about Bird having a car change fail...

The organisers said they are taking into consideration the calls from many drivers and fans to make the circuit longer and will try to extend it for 2017. It was a great track and backdrop, just needed to be longer.

The organisers said they are taking into consideration the calls from many drivers and fans to make the circuit longer and will try to extend it for 2017. It was a great track and backdrop, just needed to be longer.

Yeah, I did notice it was quite short.

Would also have been cool at night. Not many cities in the world more impressive at night... Missed a trick there.

Yeahh for Buemi. Way to start his title defending :D Didnt got to watch the GP yet but starting 5th and winning is pretty nice :D

Yeah, I did notice it was quite short.

Would also have been cool at night. Not many cities in the world more impressive at night... Missed a trick there.
All that electricity to light the circuit for a series that is trying to be as environmentally friendly as it can? That's not going to happen.

Back