Forza 6 Pre-loading is now available. 44.3 Gb in size.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 112 comments
Since it's a modern system, I assume this is the case, but I should ask: if my system powers off for any reason mid-download, it will pick up where it left off when turned back on, right? It won't start back from zero?

Since it's a modern system, I assume this is the case, but I should ask: if my system powers off for any reason mid-download, it will pick up where it left off when turned back on, right? It won't start back from zero?

Correct, I've even had a power cut while downloading and when I was able to start the console again it continued from where it left off (it might show 0% for a few seconds but then jumps back up). I believe you can also pause the download in the games and apps section in case it's causing lag issues or you want to download something else first.

Yep, that's right.
Correct, I've even had a power cut while downloading and when I was able to start the console again it continued from where it left off (it might show 0% for a few seconds but then jumps back up). I believe you can also pause the download in the games and apps section in case it's causing lag issues or you want to download something else first.

Excellent, thanks guys. Guess I'll be starting it up soon, then.

I suppose this means the game has officially gone gold. Noice.

Thanks for the heads up. I will start this tonight for sure. I wonder if it will start on its own when I turn on the X1, or if I need to click the game and make it pre-download. Might show up in the "ready to install" section.

I am surprised it is only 44.37 GB.
Helios from T10 said the data compression techniques have evolved tremendously compared to Xbone's launch games.

Helios from T10 said the data compression techniques have evolved tremendously compared to Xbone's launch games.
Dan Greenwald was saying that in an interview I read yesterday too. I was just surprised how well it compressed and how they were able to greatly improve the coding for F6 after talking with 343 studios and several other developers.

Dan Greenwald was saying that in an interview I read yesterday too. I was just surprised how well it compressed and how they were able to greatly improve the coding for F6 after talking with 343 studios and several other developers.
Could you link me this interview? Gotta read everything there is on forza 6.

If I run outta space the first thing to go on my hard disk will be FM5.

I think the Xbox fairy must have magically DLed it for me. I've been on FH1 and Fm3 lately. Not sure it actually is on the box yet.

Nothing happening. I assume this pre-load does not apply to UK users? Just says pre-ordered under games and apps with 0GB and that's it.

Thought so. Checked my bandwidth and I didn't suddenly have a massive chunk of it used up, so looks like they've just got an idea of the final size.

Still, Mr. Spencer was playing it yesterday...

I can't verify if it has been downloaded as yet.
I have the same issue too. I have the ultimate edition and went to the file last night and it doesn't seem like it has pre-loaded. In fact I cant even "manage game" to check the file size. I am sure it will be fine. Maybe it will just take a few days.

Nothing happening. I assume this pre-load does not apply to UK users? Just says pre-ordered under games and apps with 0GB and that's it.
Mine is showing as 44.3GB. Along with everything else that is included in the Ultimate edition.

45gb is still a lot.... PC games get ridiculed as being 'gigantic installs' when they go over 20gb. I do wonder if its a force of habit to only compress far enough so it fits on a bluray, or whether t10 is missing out on a lot of optimization they could do (properly compressed textures still look like the real thing and free up a hell of a lot of performance for example).

I'm really curious what the data looks like exactly.

Mine is showing as 44.3GB. Along with everything else that is included in the Ultimate edition.

Haven't tried it today yet but yesterday it just said pre-ordered along with all the dlc but with 0GB showing. Hope they haven't stolen my 80 quid and done a runner.

Haven't tried it today yet but yesterday it just said pre-ordered along with all the dlc but with 0GB showing. Hope they haven't stolen my 80 quid and done a runner.
Knowing Microsoft your hard earned cash is probably now in a offshore account. But joking aside if nothing changes within the next week. Then maybe you should contact Microsoft to see if they can fix the problem.

Ok so how exactly are you supposed to 'pre-load' this game? When I go to games and apps I have Horizon 2 installed and FM5 installed with 'pre-ordered' on FM6. If I go to 'manage game' it tells me 0GB with all the dlc packs also showing 0. If I click on the icon it tells me "You are too Early" and other BS. Check the store for launch date.

Ok so how exactly are you supposed to 'pre-load' this game? When I go to games and apps I have Horizon 2 installed and FM5 installed with 'pre-ordered' on FM6. If I go to 'manage game' it tells me 0GB with all the dlc packs also showing 0. If I click on the icon it tells me "You are too Early" and other BS. Check the store for launch date.
This is exactly what I get too. I am sure it will clear up in a few days.

Back