Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

The thing that's bugging me about this expansion from what i've seen; the map looks good, obviously but is it really that different from the main map? It just seems like 'Base FH5 map but more of it' and it feels weird that the EventLab tools have gotten more powerful over the course of the FH games, but the expansion maps seem to go backwords in uniqueness compared to the base game

The last thing I wanted was more of this map. It's so dull apart from the mountain and G-Town.

VXR
The last thing I wanted was more of this map. It's so dull apart from the mountain and G-Town.
I don‘t agree with that, the FH5 Mexico map is very memorable IMO. The Canyon, living desert and Playa Azul coast are my favourite biomes. G-town, mountain, jungle and desert are great as well. The only biome that’s a bit meh is just the farmlands in the Center IMO.

Now that’s just about the aesthetic part of the map. From a gameplay perspective, I do feel a big ”Horizon fatigue”, ever since FH3 the game has basically just been the same thing with little to no innovation. Sure there is the weekly playlist, eliminator, event lab and such now, but the very core of the game (the races themselves) is basically just the same thing. And I’m sick and tired of the wheelspin economy as well, I hope they get rid of that in the future, cars are way too easy to obtain. It doesn’t need to be NFS Unbound kind of difficult, but a return to form and the economy of FH1 or FH2 would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watching Slaps' video about the new expansion for FH5 when he detailed that was new traffic vehicles. This is during the first part of the initial drive with the new Ford F-150 making its first jump at the beginning. There, you would see RVs and trucks pulling trailers which is pretty cool!

Not just that, but there is also going to be a new airstrip as well!

Last edited:
FqT3ozWWAA8NmcT.jpg

Expansion 2 map announced!

Last edited:
Looks smaller than the Hot Wheels map IMO. Also curious if the lake can freeze in Winter.

Last edited:
View attachment 1236162

Expansion 2 map announced!
I did some very unscientific lining up atop the main map in an attempt to get the scale right (trying to match the width of the roads), and I came up with this.

Scale may be a bit bigger but I don't think it's any smaller than this. Definitely looks more technical and twisty than the main map so even though the crow-flying distance is short the place should feel relatively big.

The runway looks to about a half or 2/3rd the length of the runways on the main map.

1677864075414.png

Last edited:
Keeping with the theme, I wonder if there will be more races that only use a section of a road here and a section there, and will have many more courses that simply aren't a part of a "map"?

A slight disappointment is that there are not many twisty, continuous corners like Gran Turismo's Tahiti Maze, either on dirt or tarmac.
Personally, I think the best part of rallying is the low-speed corners rather than the high-speed corners.
Bike Track?
I wonder what that's for.
Perhaps for D-class ATVs like Polaris RZR or Sierra 700R?
Or perhaps a showcase event will be held where they will face off against motorcycles and ATVs.

I'm still hoping that the dirt routes won't necessarily follow the roads, in proper Baja 1000 or Dakar style. In that case, we could see them just use parts of the dirt tracks on the map and then cross through the scenery - a sort of mix between cross country and off road events from their usual style.

Felt a bit a small from first impressions but I guess it’s on par with the likes of Fortune Island and Blizzard Mountain? 🤔

Below are the maps from those two with FH5 rally in between for comparison. Note their scales aren’t matched (BI sure seems more zoomed in than the other two judging by the road line thickness). But it’s still interesting to compare the road complexity.

7AEA68A8-2C95-4E17-A210-C3A9DAE9E160.jpeg

1F6C9FF4-B3D6-43DF-AF4A-1D0C24893897.jpeg

19CBE675-4741-4C6D-8C48-8E60500FE5B9.jpeg

That map confuses me.

In an expansion called "Rally Adventure", I wasn't expecting that many tarmac roads. Granted, rally can take place on tarmac as much as it can on gravel, but that's not...what I expected to happen.

Don’t forget that there are 2 tarmac rally (day and night) and 1 dirt rally discipline, so we need twice the tarmac routes because of that design choice.

That map confuses me.

In an expansion called "Rally Adventure", I wasn't expecting that many tarmac roads. Granted, rally can take place on tarmac as much as it can on gravel, but that's not...what I expected to happen.

I really hope it’s not a rally expansion that’s mostly roads and cross country.

385D06F9-D31C-4041-96F8-0913722E5951.png

No FM title has even though FH1 had a rally expansion, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...no...
Well they've already got offroad vehicles in FM7 and dirt physics they can use from Horizon. There's a first time for everything so one can hope!

Do PG and T10 still share tech?

I wonder if this means Motorsport will have rally.
They both use ForzaTech as the main engine, share models and various other bits like audio and such. But it's doubtful Motorsport will have rally, Horizon has had dirt since Day 1 and Motorsport hasn't followed suit.

Some rumours suggested that RallyCross may make an appearance in the new Forza Motorsport but there's no substance to suggest it's true.

Back