Funny/Strange News Stories

How embarrassing. Too bad the law precludes the naming and shaming of this fat-arsed idiot.
_101718435_swing1.jpg

If this is fat I'd hate to see what qualifies as skinny in your country. He more than likely just squeeze his pelvic bone in there and couldn't get it back out.

_101718435_swing1.jpg

If this is fat I'd hate to see what qualifies as skinny in your country. He more than likely just squeeze his pelvic bone in there and couldn't get it back out.
He sat in a chair he was too big for. Maybe he was fatheaded instead of fat bottomed but I would hate to see what passes for humour in your neck of the woods if you don't understand that.

Last edited:
He sat in a chair he was too big for. Maybe he was fatheaded instead of fat bottomed but I would hate to see what passes for humour in your neck 9f the woods if you don't understand that.
We don't generally deem fat shaming and name calling as funny but I guess it is different across the pond. Carry on.

We don't generally deem fat shaming and name calling as funny but I guess it is different across the pond. Carry on.
Now that is funny. First he isn't fat and now I'm fat shaming him. I guess the parody of opposites doesn't work in a certain part of Canada. But hey, people who try to break children's swings need love too.

Last edited:
_101718435_swing1.jpg

You can't see the funny in an adult getting stuck in children's play equipment? His arse was simply too large, I wonder if you're mis-translating "fat" in @UKMikey's context, that arse is too fat for that chair. And it's definitely funnier than domestic violence posts.

How can a tweet, that contains the name 'Poundland' breach any trademark?

If you call that trademark into disrepute or use it to describe your own services without permission then arguably (and in this case crazily) that's a breach

Article quoting Boss of P****l***
Aside from the breach of our trademark, we think you're taking the chocolate biscuit."

He said GTR has "no right to use our name to describe poor service", stating that the budget chain served eight million shoppers last week and has a "pretty good idea about what great customer service is"...."But if we ever fall short, perhaps we'll describe ourselves as a bit Thameslink," he continued.

He has a point, but was it really worth it?

If you call that trademark into disrepute or use it to describe your own services without permission then arguably (and in this case crazily) that's a breach

He has a point, but was it really worth it?
Fair enough, that said the one time I went to P******** the customer service was poor, to say the least.

An article in the header bar on that page caught my attention:

SharkFins.JPG

I'm sure the shark fins are okay, there's a ton of them after all, it's the original owners we should be more worried about :)

FBI agent does a backflip at a party; gun falls out of holster, shoots bystander when agent picks it up

Posted here as it straddles the border between funny and strange. And fortunately the casualty has not suffered life-threatening injures.

What the 🤬 was this guy doing?! If this sort of stuff isn't eliminated in the screening process then I'm not surprised that the FIB and IAA in Grand Theft Auto are so ludicrous.
It's about time that America did something about its crazy backflipping culture.

Back