Funny/Strange News Stories

Funny how?
_20180605_030517.JPG

This is not a funny story... (although it is definitely a WTF?! story)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...airing-cupboard-trapped-several-days-inquest/

..but it reminds me of a funny story that was a bit too close to home.

Shortly after I bought my flat, a friend from Sweden came to stay for a few days. I arranged to meet him for a beer after work, but when I checked my phone (which was in my desk) that afternoon, I could see that there was like 20 missed calls and several texts from my friend - it turned out he had gone to the bathroom (fortunately with his phone!) and locked the door, only for the door handle to fall off and trap him in the bathroom... he had been trapped there for several hours before I saw the messages on my phone. Obviously, I went home to un-trap him, but he wasn't a happy camper - but fortunately there was no harm done (even though I found it hard to keep a straight face for the rest of the night!)

However it got me thinking - it was very lucky that it wasn't me that got stuck. Firstly, I live alone and secondly I don't usually have my phone on me in the bathroom - in other words, I would have been well and truly trapped! Fortunately, the fact that I live alone is the very reason why it didn't happen to me in the first place - since there is no need to lock (or even close) the bathroom door :embarrassed:

This is not a funny story... (although it is definitely a WTF?! story)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...airing-cupboard-trapped-several-days-inquest/

..but it reminds me of a funny story that was a bit too close to home.

Shortly after I bought my flat, a friend from Sweden came to stay for a few days. I arranged to meet him for a beer after work, but when I checked my phone (which was in my desk) that afternoon, I could see that there was like 20 missed calls and several texts from my friend - it turned out he had gone to the bathroom (fortunately with his phone!) and locked the door, only for the door handle to fall off and trap him in the bathroom... he had been trapped there for several hours before I saw the messages on my phone. Obviously, I went home to un-trap him, but he wasn't a happy camper - but fortunately there was no harm done (even though I found it hard to keep a straight face for the rest of the night!)

However it got me thinking - it was very lucky that it wasn't me that got stuck. Firstly, I live alone and secondly I don't usually have my phone on me in the bathroom - in other words, I would have been well and truly trapped! Fortunately, the fact that I live alone is the very reason why it didn't happen to me in the first place - since there is no need to lock (or even close) the bathroom door :embarrassed:

1. Couldn't he have climbed out of the window?
2. ******** with the door open is the real luxury of living alone :lol:

Back