Funny/Strange News Stories

Man Injects 18 'Doses' Of Semen Into Arm To Cure Back Pain, Ends Up In Hospital

"The swollen region grew and hardened around the area on his arm where he’d injected his semen, and an x-ray revealed an area of trapped air beneath the man’s skin. The doctors immediately hospitalized the patient, treating him with an intravenous antimicrobial therapy. After the patient’s back pain improved,
he discharged himself."
OGucyH5.gif

The question is, can a marriage exist with only 1 consenting party.
Possibly. Although I hear she's dead boring anyway.

*gets handed coat*

TB
So... to consummate the marriage, does the zombie have to consume his mate? 💡
He was quoted as saying that he married her for her brains. :dopey:

*and thrown out*

Last edited:
....A week-old story, but it only showed up on my inbox today.

"An Indian man to sue his parents for giving birth... to him without consent." BBC.

However, there's more to this story than that strange headline might suggest. The claimant is a believer in 'anti-natalism'. Didn't know such a thing existed until I read the article. You learn new things everyday, that's for sure. :boggled:

....A week-old story, but it only showed up on my inbox today.

"An Indian man to sue his parents for giving birth... to him without consent." BBC.

However, there's more to this story than that strange headline might suggest. The claimant is a believer in 'anti-natalism'. Didn't know such a thing existed until I read the article. You learn new things everyday, that's for sure. :boggled:
And both parents are lawyers.

Google put microphones inside their Nest home security system and casually forgot to mention it on the box... or anywhere for that matter!

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...-hidden-microphone-alarm-system-a8788741.html

Seriously, what the hell Google!

How many other products in the future are going to be in essence spying on you?

All of them, especially "smart home" ones. A smart phone and game systems is all I'll let them spy through. I knew from the start that smart home was really just spying and, I knew people who didn't believe it at first until it came out that amazon was in fact actually recording.

All of them, especially "smart home" ones. A smart phone and game systems is all I'll let them spy through. I knew from the start that smart home was really just spying and, I knew people who didn't believe it at first until it came out that amazon was in fact actually recording.

At least if the fact that something has a microphone is clearly stated, the consumer can make a choice about whether they want that device in their home, but what Google did here was tantamount to wiretapping. I do worry that one day having voice activation functionality will become so ubiquitous that you will be hard pressed to find a device that doesn't record audio and video. The hilarious gem being the Echo Spot which if used as an alarm clock has a camera pointing right at your bed!

...I do worry that one day having voice activation functionality will become so ubiquitous that you will be hard pressed to find a device that doesn't record audio and video. The hilarious gem being the Echo Spot which if used as an alarm clock has a camera pointing right at your bed!
How difficult is it to not buy or use devices (or services) susceptible to surveillance? There are still basic alarm clocks, and I'm pretty sure there always will be.

I'm not interested in anything "smart", including a smartphone -- my flip phone is more convenient to me than anything a smartphone can do. All of it seems daft to me. For something like an Echo or Google Home, the only use case I've seen that seems worthwhile is if you have a talking bird in the home, who can then benefit from some mental stimulation talking to the device (which is pretty cool, and amusing). Otherwise, I think it's nuts how eagerly people have adopted all this stuff.

How difficult is it to not buy or use devices (or services) susceptible to surveillance? There are still basic alarm clocks, and I'm pretty sure there always will be.

Right now it's not, but in the near future it might be. Just look how much stuff on the market is now Alexa/Home compatible. A few years ago none of this existed now there is a huge boom in the 'internet of things'. Traditional alarm clocks might stand the test of time but somewhere in your house this stuff will eventually become unavoidable.

I mean...PETA does do some good, but there's a lot that they do that is truly misguided; that tweet is twaddle.

I scrolled through the slideshow when I saw it this morning, and I thought it was adorable. The lizard biting his nose and the toucan biting his head (I sense a theme) were my favorites, but I wished the inbetween images could be viewed instead of breezed past.

Latest Posts

Back