Funny/Strange News Stories

jawdrop.gif

314@60.jpg

The liberal party of Sweden ran a campaign for making it easier to travel by train in Europe. Their ad said: “Booking a train to Paris should be as easy as booking a train to Piteå”.

Piteå is a town in the north of Sweden, probably picked by the party to make an alliteration with Paris. There is one problem though:

No trains are going to Piteå.

Devin Nunes sues twitter for 250 million over parody accounts of himself, including an account called Devin Nunes’ Cow, only to prove that the Streisand effect is real - in two days, the parody account went from less than 2000 followers, to over 400k, more than the actual Devin Nunes.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) went after a parody account with a few thousand followers for making fun of him. A few days and a few hundred thousand clicks later, Devin Nunes’ Cow has more Twitter followers than Devin Nunes.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/devin-nunes-cow-twitter-followers_n_5c925039e4b0dbf58e46be21

Hah! That presents me with a dilemma, though. On the one hand, I absolutely don't want to see him win, but on the other, I kind of want to see Twitter lose.

I think it’s udder madness to sue twitter over a parody account. I hope people milk this bull 🤬 for all it’s worth.

(If you go on twitter, #BeButter is pretty damn hilarious right now)

I mean...just...what?!

Roseanne Barr has blamed her Roseanne co-star Sara Gilbert for the cancellation of her sitcom, claiming that a tweet sent by Gilbert “destroyed the show and my life”.

Roseanne was axed by US network ABC in May 2018 after Barr posted a racist tweet about former Obama administration official Valerie Jarrett. At the time, the comedian pinned the blame for the tweet on the influence of the sedative Ambien, which she said had prompted her to do some “weird stuff”.

Now, however, a new scapegoat has emerged in the form of Gilbert, who plays Roseanne’s daughter Darlene in the sitcom and its spin-off, The Conners. In an interview with the Washington Post, Barr has claimed that a post made by Gilbert condemning Barr’s comments as “abhorrent” was what prompted the show’s cancellation.

Back