Funny/Strange News Stories

Since no one was hurt, this is amusing:
snickers :D I hope those Air Heads don't Flake out before they're rescued or they might not see the next PayDay. This is the Kinder thing that makes you think they should throw them a couple of Life Savers.

Last edited:
Woman sues for damages after contracting an STI after having sex in a Hyundai Genesis... would you Adam and Eve it?
She crashed into a Subaru?

Anyway, after twice being arrested in Hawaii for some pretty nuts things, Ezra Miller has now allegedly kidnapped an 18-year old Sioux girl and... vanished.

(it's worth noting when reading the above that Miller and his alleged victim Gibson/Tokata Iron Eyes both use they/them pronouns)

:odd: What did she do to annoy that elephant?
They say they have long memories...

SEI_109524165.jpg

Last edited:
As a Michigander, I'm required by law to say how much I hate Ohio State...sorry THE™ Ohio State University.

I don't really know which one of these I should write, so I'm going with both.

"Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower closed to public due to risk of... well..."

"Artillery shells discovered in museum of naval firepower..."

I don't really know which one of these I should write, so I'm going with both.

"Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower closed to public due to risk of... well..."

"Artillery shells discovered in museum of naval firepower..."

To be fair, it's more likely than someone shooting and hitting a target at Arsenal...

Regarding the Ohio trademark, does this mean they now own all the rights for...

🤔🤔

Last edited:
I’d be inclined to agree with them. That’s why they’re so cool.

I have, strangely enough, considered moving to Poland in the past.

Last edited:
The zombie robot spiders, while fascinating as a line of inquiry, fall very much into the category of "this is a bad idea".
Eh. It sounds terrifying without any knowledge of what's going on, but it's really simple pneumatics. The spiders aren't reanimated, they're just [literally] empty husks with limbs in a naturally bent state that are straightened by pumping a small amount of air into them.

While they are effective, I wonder how practical they actually are beyond the "all we had to do was glue a syringe to its thorax" factor. That nature already handled most of the manufacturing doesn't actually make them useful.

Eh. It sounds terrifying without any knowledge of what's going on, but it's really simple pneumatics. The spiders aren't reanimated, they're just [literally] empty husks with limbs in a naturally bent state that are straightened by pumping a small amount of air into them.

While they are effective, I wonder how practical they actually are beyond the "all we had to do was glue a syringe to its thorax" factor. That nature already handled most of the manufacturing doesn't actually make them useful.
I'm aware. It's just funnier to describe them as zombie robot spiders.

This could have potential uses down the road, but I wouldn't want to touch anything that someone used a corpse to move.

This could have potential uses down the road, but I wouldn't want to touch anything that someone used a corpse to move.
It seems like a peculiar line to draw, especially when drawing it so broadly.

So bacteria, disease and insect activity commonly associated with bodily decay, especially of large vertebrates, aren't unreasonable concerns, but even if these concerns have merit with spiders, what are we considering "touching"? If I ask my waitress at the coffeeshop for sugar and she brings a cube over with a ****ing spider at the end of a syrunge, yeah, it's probably going to give me pause, but what of small electrical components of more complex systems? How far removed from direct contect are you willing to tolerate?

Back