Game of Thrones - Caution: contains spoilers & dragonsTV 

• Thread starter Villain
  • 862 comments
Game of Thrones season 8 premieres April 14th.

Will Arya ride a dragon, Cersei or Daenerys give birth, and who if anyone will sit the Iron Throne by the 6th and final episode?

PREDICTIONS:
  • If there is an Iron Throne at series end, there'll be a situation similar to the joint rule of William III and Mary II of England. Queen Daenerys I and "The Artist Formerly Known As Jon Snow" Aegon VI Targaryen rule.
  • Cersei was originally supposed to miscarry in the Season 7 finalie, but didn't. Early on in Season 8 is my guess. Jaime or Arya (wearing Jaime's face) kill her.
  • Dany will give birth because SHOCK Mirri Maz Duur lied in the Season 1 finalie. Names I have no idea, gonna tack that onto the end of the post.
  • Dance of the Dragons II is the big series-ending fight. Based on leaks over on r/freefolk, Kings Landing is gonna BURN.
  • Episode 3 is all but confirmed to be the White Walker attack on Winterfell. Walkers win but suffer horrendous losses. Winterfell is also gonna burn.
  • Arya won't ride a dragon unless as a passenger. She'll return somewhat to early S1 form, especially during the reunion with Jon Snow. She and Gendry are a pair at series end.
  • Theon is 50/50 on living, leaning towards death in a blaze of glory.
  • Bran is the current Night King because TIMEY-WIMEY shenanigans.
Possible Dany/Jon BOATSEX baby names:
  • Eddard is played out in too many fanfics.
  • Catelyn is a very long shot because of that bit in Season 3 where she regrets not trying to love Jon Snow as a son.
  • Lyanna is also played out but much more plausible.
  • Rhaegar is most likely if their child is a son (or there's twins and one of them is a boy).
  • Girl's name is much less clear. I can plausibly see her being named any of the following: Rhaenys, Visenya, Rhaenyra, Elia, Alyssa, Elaena, Alysanne.
  • TL;DR: Jon/Danys baby will be either a Rhaegar or Lyanna.

Thirteen days until the season premiere.

I hope those of y'all hoping to keep spoilers to a minimum were avoiding Reddit's Freefolk community these past few days because one of the more reputable leakers has dropped what is supposed to be the plot for S8E1. Judging off the fact that the video in which he spilled details was taken down as quickly as it was and he's been threatened with legal action if he drops more, it's all but been confirmed to be legitimate.

Skimmed an outline, nothing too much out of the blue from an episode predicated almost entirely upon reunions and stage-setting. They do all but confirm at least a major teasing of my favorite romantic ship in the show.

I re-watched the last season with my wife about a week ago to get a refresher. I'm definitely avoiding spoilers, even if it is just to make sure I don't find a fan theory better than what they actually give us.

I just binge watched the first 7 seasons, for the first time,pretty great show. Spoilers are absolutely nuts right now, and I’m talking about spoilers right in the headlines, on pretty major news websites.

Mainly spoilers about what happened in the first seven seasons, but I’ve also caught spoilers about season 8 too. They should know that there are probably more than a few people watching for the first time, like me, to be ready for season 8.

I have my theory on what’s going to happen in season 8, someone should start a season 8 theory thread. :lol:

Edit: well I see some predictions, so here are mine
Daenerys will die at some point.
Jamie Lannister will join forces with Jon, he will finally get fed up with his sister.
Together their forces will destroy the White Walkers and the Night King
Jamie Lannister will die, killed somehow/someway by Cersei.
Arya or Sansa will kill Cersei
Jon will defeat Cersei’s forces, and be king, but will not sit on the iron throne, he will name Tyrion Lannister warden of the south, and let him rule Kings Landing.
The Hound and Brienne of Tarth will marry.
That’s what I think will happen, not necessarily In that order though.

Last edited:
I just binge watched the first 7 seasons,
Bingewatching can be an ordeal as much as a pleasure. I hope you can view them again at a more leisurely pace.

IMO GoT is the finest television drama ever, without comparison. It's so lavishly produced that one really needs a 2nd or even 3rd watching to appreciate all the finer details of dialogue, plot, set, costumes and music. The underlying quality starts from the showrunner's use of author George RR Martin's brilliant writing. The books are a great read if you have the time and inclination.

A prequel set 8000 years earlier in Westeros is now in HBO pre-production, and hopefully will be a worthy successor.

Started re-watching all the seasons in January, and finished a few days ago. Glad we're nearing the end, even if the last season had to rush a lot of stuff. At some point, it just becomes too much.

I hope Arya and Bran dies in the first episode. Preferably off screen. Like, you'd just have one of the characters casually bringing it up, and then that will be the end of those abysmal characters. It won't happen of course, But one can dream. Excited to see how it'll all play out.

I found out a few days ago that Emilia Clarke, the actress who plays Daenarys, suffered a stroke and two brain surgeries sometime around the 2nd season. It's a blessing she's still with us and at full strength.

My picks for any death pools for Season 8:
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • The Hound
  • The Mountain
  • Euron Greyjoy
  • Theon Greyjoy (this is my least certain death, all contingent on how S8E3 ends)
  • Missandei
  • Gilly :( (Reasoning: The purest usually die, see Shireen Baratheon)
  • Jorah Mormont
  • Varys
  • Melisandre
  • Harry Strickland
  • Beric Dondarrion
  • Tormund Giantsbane
  • Brandon Stark
  • Night King
  • Drogon

My picks for any death pools for Season 8:
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • The Hound
  • The Mountain
  • Euron Greyjoy
  • Theon Greyjoy (this is my least certain death, all contingent on how S8E3 ends)
  • Missandei
  • Gilly :( (Reasoning: The purest usually die, see Shireen Baratheon)
  • Jorah Mormont
  • Varys
  • Melisandre
  • Harry Strickland
  • Beric Dondarrion
  • Tormund Giantsbane
  • Brandon Stark
  • Night King
  • Drogon
Okay, I'll bet only half those listed succumb during the season. I'm good at wishful thinking. :D

For instance, why Homeless Harry Strickland? He's cautious (not to say cowardly), has deep links to the Targaryen family, and may well change sides before it's all said and done. Also there's no emotional investment in the poor old guy.

Last edited:
What's the name of the guy with the hammer, the bastard of the Robert Baratheon? I predict he ultimately rules because long shot.

What's the name of the guy with the hammer, the bastard of the Robert Baratheon? I predict he ultimately rules because long shot.
He's called Gendry. He gave his hammer to The Hound, who probably chucked it before fleeing the frozen lake. For him to inherit the Iron Throne would clearly be a very long shot. On the other hand, he could reunite with Arya and they become a pair.

For instance, why Homeless Harry Strickland? He's cautious (not to say cowardly), has deep links to the Targaryen family, and may well change sides before it's all said and done. Also there's no emotional investment in the poor old guy.

Reasoning behind ol' Homeless Harry dying:
  • From what I've read about filming, he's only scheduled to be in two episodes.
    Already confirmed to be in S8E1 in two scenes, both of which are teased in the main trailer. So if that's true, then there's only another episode for him to show up. Also, it's almost like there's two major battles coming up and so dying would make sense. Not a glorious death, but *TINFOIL HAT* possibly as an excuse to bring Daario back to hijack control of the Golden Company.
  • In the grand scheme of things, a Qyburn-level antagonist. So, not a main attraction ala Night King or Cersei. (Euron's a step below but above the mid-level)
  • Golden Company does have Targ links...via the Blackfyres....but wait, kinda late to bring that story thread in.
TL;DR: Relatively expendable character, it was either him or Qyburn and I want Qyburn to live.

Pretty slow start considering how few episodes are left. It was good to see some characters meeting again for the first time in several seasons.

I felt bad for Sam Tarly.

I can't wait to learn more about Arya's new dragonglass weapon. Is it a double-ended spear or baton, possibly with removable blades?

Also, it will be a great test of character to see how Dany reacts to learning Jon's true identity.

I can't wait to learn more about Arya's new dragonglass weapon. Is it a double-ended spear or baton, possibly with removable blades?

Also, it will be a great test of character to see how Dany reacts to learning Jon's true identity.

From what I've seen in the S8 trailer, it's a spear-type thing.

Commentary on S8E2:
CQMjSAk.png

Also, next week's the big fight.

Back