Geneva VGT???

• Thread starter A_A_RO_N
  • 231 comments
It's been a long time coming that we see the next VGT in GT6... so it's anyone's guess.

I think it would be awesome to see the next one at Geneva. What a place to unveil the next VGT project!

Oh, another guessing thread.
what%20do%20you%20think.jpg

On topic: Idk! :lol:

Technically yes... but only because they're the creation of auto designers, not of PD. GT6 just offers a gallery for them as part of the whole vehicle concept thing.

Maybe. If the brand want to use it as publicity like Mercedes, the car could be unvieled on a high profile car show.

PD said every GT Vision car would be released within a year after GT launch. There's about 10 months left and we only have Mercedes' car and a speedboat. If they plan on releasing them regulary, they should start showing them, unless they want to releas a VGT pack with all of the cars at once.

Subaru will unveil the VIZIV at Geneva. From what I can tell, they have similar headlights, but I don't think they are the same car.

I wish, I just hope we'll be able to see all of the Vision GT cars unveiled before PD announces their next installment on the PS4.

Last edited:
We're supposed to get a new VGT every month.
We still have 4 days until February is over until we get a new VGT...
IF PD keeps their promise....

Nobody ever said anything about a new VGT coming every month.
It was said that the schedule is one every month for a year. They don't have a timetable for the updates though. And as we know, they'll keep going it at for more than "just" a year.

It was said that the schedule is one every month for a year. They don't have a timetable for the updates though. And as we know, they'll keep going it at for more than "just" a year.

Nope. It was speculated here on GTP that if it would be once per month it would take more than a year for them all to be released. PD never said anything about the schedule for the VGT cars. How could they? It is not even completely dependent on them.

One a month wouldn't work, a whole bunch at once would be undesirable for manufacturers (the best car would steal the spotlight). I'm going to hope and guess that some time soon they'll pull their finger out and release one every fortnight with the seasonals (though every week would be better and would fit the timeframe).

Could we potentially be seeing the next VGT at Geneva's Motor Show??? What do you guys think?
Potentially we could, yes BUT this whole auto show/game show/interview/full moon=VGT reveal thing has to stop.

They did say that they would like to give us at least 1 car a month, they were not talking about the VGT as they have no control over when those may be ready and they did not say will but would like to. so far we have gotten on average more than one a month though I think we have not gotten one yet in Feb.

They did say that they would like to give us at least 1 car a month, they were not talking about the VGT as they have no control over when those may be ready and they did not say will but would like to. so far we have gotten on average more than one a month though I think we have not gotten one yet in Feb.
Pretty much.
http://blogs.motortrend.com/1312_gran_turismo_6_chief_on_concept_cars_gaming_and_being_happy.html
MT: How frequently can we expect new Vision Gran Turismo cars in the game?
Kaz: We're thinking maybe one or two cars a month, but each car has its own schedule. So it may not be as regular as we want it to be.

Nope. It was speculated here on GTP that if it would be once per month it would take more than a year for them all to be released. PD never said anything about the schedule for the VGT cars. How could they? It is not even completely dependent on them.
You're right that it doesn't depend on when PD wants to release them, but the Vision GT "project" was in the works for about two years before GT6 released. I'm sure the manufacturers didn't need all that time to realize their concepts.

I hate to say it but this Vision GT thing is going to be a massive dud if it takes many, many months between releases of each car. You're just not going to hold people's attention for that amount of time esp now with new consoles out and the inflow of new games. It also seems like we may not even end up seeing half of these cars since it's in the manufactures court to develop and release them and not entirely in the hands of PD. Some might just say forget it. That's just kind of sad. :( It did seem like a good idea though. I wonder if they could have pared down the idea and instead just approached manufactures to give them concept sketches and then PD could just build the car off the sketches? Then they could have collected the sketches while GT6 was in development and then by the time GT6 was released they could have had all of the GT vision cars built and released them every couple of weeks. That would have been pretty cool.

Argh dang it I was trying to stop being so pessimistic! PD will come through I just know it! :lol:

We got some info about the new GT concept at Geneva, it's supposed to be Maserati...
I didn't even know Maserati participated. Well I hope it looks good.
I found the info on carbuzz.com

We got some info about the new GT concept at Geneva, it's supposed to be Maserati...
I didn't even know Maserati participated. Well I hope it looks good.
I found the info on carbuzz.com

Could you link it? Did it really say Vision GT for Gran Turismo? Maserati was not in Vision GT so it would be very surprising.

Back