Ghost recon wildlands

• Thread starter boomee
  • 160 comments
The Ghosts will only fight under certain circumstances, usually a prolonged engaged period.
You can make them fire at enemies before you are detected though using the scroll wheel. I know. You were aware of it. :P

I do however actually like that they don't get spotted by AI patrols unless you are spotted first. So they don't mess up your stealth approach. :D

I do however actually like that they don't get spotted by AI patrols unless you are spotted first. So they don't mess up your stealth approach
It just looks ridiculous when a sicario walks past them without even noticing them.

And I did fail a mission the other day when they engaged a Libertad force for no reason. One got hit by a car and the others were gunned down. I lasted about two more minutes because I was caught in a bottleneck.

It just looks ridiculous when a sicario walks past them without even noticing them.

True. One time at night, I had one squadmember lying beneath a working lightpost with a couple of patrolling sicarios walking straight towards him, making a 90 degree turn on top of him and then kept on patrolling. Needless to say, they're dead now. RIP

And I did fail a mission the other day when they engaged a Libertad force for no reason. One got hit by a car and the others were gunned down. I lasted about two more minutes because I was caught in a bottleneck.

I still prefer the ridiculousness of it (including having them magically appear in my car or helicopter when I don't bother waiting for them) to having to micromanage three AI team mates in this type of game.
During the 12 hours or so I've played now they almost always do their job as expected (which is more than can be said for AI helpers in many games of various genres) and rarely get in the way. Well, except for occasionally - rarely - deciding to stand right in front of me when I'm scoping in on something :).

I haven't actually started really using the command wheel until today and the fire command certainly gets around their default reluctance to shoot early rather than very late.

the fire command certainly gets around their default reluctance to shoot early rather than very late
They only really engage at the point of no return. The game gives you an opportunity to save the situation by getting on top of it quickly. If you can't, the Ghosts will move in.

Im at a point in the game where no more story missions show up is that normal ?
Do I need to collect more Intel or explore more anyone have that issue?
I wouldn't say that I'm that far in the game and can't really explain where I'm at..

Do I need to collect more Intel or explore more anyone have that issue?
You usually need to collect the Major Intel files. They appear as a yellow folder in the tacmap. However, you can also unlock missions by encountering them in the world. Sometimes you will automatically be given missions, like when Pac Katari asks for help attacking the convoy after you rescue Amaru.

If you still aren't getting any more missions, you've probably exhausted the missions for that province. Try crossing the border into another province; once you're well and truly into it, Bowman will brief you on the local buchon and either new missions will unlock, or more Major Intel files will become available.

That's probly what it is since I'm trying to clear out all the extra side mission etc .. ok imma go explore than.
Side missions are useful for building rebel skills and getting upgrades for resources, but they don't contribute to the overall story. Each province in the game (except for La Cruz, Media Luna, Inca Camina and Monte Pincu) only has five or six story missions (plus a few extras), so once you have cleared them, there's not going to be much keeping you back. The beauty of it is that each province works like its own little episode; you never really feel like you have overstayed your welcome.

Yay, I figured out how to get the "Pull!" achievement!

Find a resource raid involving a helicopter. Position yourself to see the pilot's door - the left side - and get as close as you can so that you can line up a mortar shot, but don't fire yet.

Tag the sicarios in the area, and mark one with syncshot. Make sure you spare the lieutenant. When you order the Ghosts to fire, the enemies will react - in particular, the lieutenant will try to escape in the helicopter.

As soon as you order the assault, open the command wheel and line up the mortar shot over the helicopter. One of the Ghosts will warn you that the lieutenant is escaping. Order the mortar shot when the lieutenant gets to the cockpit door, but make sure you do it BEFORE he gets in. If you leave it too late, the mortars will miss.

If you have done it right, the helicopter will go straight up, only to be shot down by the mortars. You'll know you have done it right if the red enemy helicopter warning symbol appears.

Completed the game and got the platinum trophy last week, Which shows how much i enjoyed the game. As i dont normally bother with trophies but i do try and complete games i particularly enjoy (Ghost Recon/BF1/Rocket League/R6S)

The trickiest trophy i thought would be the 7 kill with 1 mine.

I ended up just filling two pick up trucks with hostages and then placed a mine in between them.

Last edited:
Completed the game and got the platinum trophy last week, Which shows how much i enjoyed the game. As i dont normally bother with trophies but i do try and complete games i particularly enjoy (Ghost Recon/BF1/Rocket League/R6S)

The trickiest trophy i thought would be the 7 kill with 1 mine.

I ended up just filling two pick up trucks with hostages and then placed a mine in between them.
I was wondering how to do that one.
I had about 11 people follow me into a tight corridor, with level 4 Unidad after me. Flashbanged them all so they stood still, and proceeded to line up the C4. It was hilarious, but I forgot to get a clip :(

What's worse, is that it didn't unlock the achievement for me, but it did for my friend who was about 1km away lol.

I had about 11 people follow me into a tight corridor, with level 4 Unidad after me. Flashbanged them all so they stood still, and proceeded to line up the C4. It was hilarious, but I forgot to get a clip :(

What's worse, is that it didn't unlock the achievement for me, but it did for my friend who was about 1km away lol.

:lol: What a steal!

Enjoying the game a lot, I know when I start I'll be busy for a few hours. Just love shooting enemies from a distance. If cows don't spoil the party :P

Annoyed about the same things you guys describe, I hope they fix some of them soon. The ghosts not getting spotted while being in direct sight is pretty silly and I wish you would have more control over them, since they call you Boss anyway. Flight model is weird, can't get used to it. A bit like GTA would be nice.

It seems I missed a Kingslayer file in the first province, cleared all the things and visited all question marks but can't find it. I have given up and get it when I finish the story with the help of a map that shows all locations...

It seems I missed a Kingslayer file in the first province, cleared all the things and visited all question marks but can't find it. I have given up and get it when I finish the story with the help of a map that shows all locations...
It should become visible on the map as soon as you cross the border into a location.

Decided to crank the difficulty all the way up, and boy was it hard. Two bullets are enough to kill you, and you get no indication of the number of enemies present until you tag them.

Just to let people know. If you played any of the betas or have the season pass. The Unidad Conspiracy Mission Pack is available in the Ubisoft club.

Just to let people know. If you played any of the betas or have the season pass. The Unidad Conspiracy Mission Pack is available in the Ubisoft club.
I have a season pass, but Ubisoft club is telling me that it's only available to people who played the beta. Or did it automatically download when I redeemed my season pass?

Edit: Automatically downloaded. The missions are in Media Luna, and I definitely unlocked those.

Last edited:
I have a season pass, but Ubisoft club is telling me that it's only available to people who played the beta. Or did it automatically download when I redeemed my season pass?

Edit: Automatically downloaded. The missions are in Media Luna, and I definitely unlocked those.

I got the season pass also, Although when i entered the game and traveled to Media Luna to start the missions i couldnt. When i redeemed it out of the club it all worked fine.

Has anyone experienced any extremely loud screams from a woman, much more louder than normal, in odd areas? Last night while sitting passanger in the chopper as my friend is traveling to the next waypoint, I heard a scream and it sounded as if they mic was in the ladies mouth, sitting right besides me. It was so loud :lol: I even managed to record it.

This happened about 3-4 times withing a 2-3 hour session. I managed to record it in a different area too.

What didn't help is that it was about 10-11pm, it was extremely creepy.

Wow, there's a 7.5GB update that's just been made available, and it doesn't contain any DLC. Between that and the Final Fantasy XV updates, I'm looking at close to 20GB in downloads.

Any word on what this update contains?

Wow, there's a 7.5GB update that's just been made available, and it doesn't contain any DLC. Between that and the Final Fantasy XV updates, I'm looking at close to 20GB in downloads.

Any word on what this update contains?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/12/gh...getting-a-new-patch-today-heres-what-it-does/

Some good stuff there, Especially the weekly challenges. Not 8.5GB worth though so i think the DLC is included in this update aswell, Everyone downloads it but and then on the 18th we will just unlock it. Similar to how Battlefield DLCs are downloaded by everyone in an update and then they are only unlocked by purchasing it.

They did say that it would be one week's early access to DLC for season pass holders. But it seems like an unusually short amount of time between the game being released and DLC becoming available.

Has anyone experienced any extremely loud screams from a woman, much more louder than normal, in odd areas?
I have. Mostly when driving. At first I thought it was a random event, like a group of sicarios attacking or abducting someone. But then I realised that it was the same scream as one when you start shooting around civilians. I suspect it's a glitch that plays the scream for gunfire when someone dives out of the way.

Not 8.5GB worth though so i think the DLC is included in this update aswell, Everyone downloads it but and then on the 18th we will just unlock it.
There's an option for Narco Road in the menu when you first load the game, but it's currently locked. New achievements are also available in the achievements list, and some of them mention new locations (I think - I haven't explored the entire game world just yet). So I'm guessing that Narco Road (and Fallen Ghosts) will add new areas rather than integrating in into the existing game world.

That makes me wonder if Ubisoft have anything planned for La Cruz and Monte Punchu. When the game was released, four provinces were empty. The Peruvian Connection added missions to Inca Camina, and The Unidad Conspiracy added them to Media Luna. I initially thought that Narco Road and Fallen Ghosts might do the same for La Cruz and Monte Punchu, but as the size of the update - if it did indeed add Narco Road - suggests otherwise, so maybe Ubisoft will have some more events to add content for those provinces.

Yes i agree, I doubt those areas have been left empty for the big expansion packs. They seem way to large to be set in one of those provinces. Considering in "Narco Road" there is ment to be 3 new factions with their 3 respective bosses i think there will need to be new areas of the map to be able to contain the new content.

Considering in "Narco Road" there is ment to be 3 new factions with their 3 respective bosses i think there will need to be new areas of the map to be able to contain the new content.
Ubisoft usually do it like that. The Freedom Cry campaign for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag took place around Port-au-Prince and was quite separate from the main game. Likewise, Assassin's Creed Unity had the Dead Kings expansion that was set outside the story campaign.

Ubisoft usually do it like that. The Freedom Cry campaign for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag took place around Port-au-Prince and was quite separate from the main game. Likewise, Assassin's Creed Unity had the Dead Kings expansion that was set outside the story campaign.

Soon as it turned 12:00am i searched Narco Road on the PS Store and it was there.

Regarding playable areas -

It is set in 4-5 of the pre-existing provinces including Montuyoc, Mojocoyo, Remanzo Etc. Rather dissapointing. Plus you have to create a new character for the DLC, It is completely standalone and isnt in my main save of the game.

Soon as it turned 12:00am i searched Narco Road on the PS Store and it was there.
Does it take place before, during or after the main story campaign? I am nowhere near finished with the story, but I don't want it to br spoiled if I start Narco Road early.

Also, how do I access season challenges?

Back