Ghost recon wildlands

• Thread starter boomee
  • 160 comments
You have to create a new character? Well that's a bit disappointing. I haven't finished the main story yet either, but I have the seasonpass anyways. I'm going to grind through them with a friend tonight, and get as far as we can.

Wasn't that what it was always advertised as?
I've only really been getting information at the periphery. I didn't actually know about the challenges until this past week (although I did create my own Task Force specifically for it), and given that the challenges focus on Unidad's presence in Media Luna, which is also the scene of The Unidad Conspiracy, I did wonder if it was going to add extra missions. Especially since the most recent update was 7.5GB and Narco Road added a further 5.2GB.

I've only really been getting information at the periphery. I didn't actually know about the challenges until this past week (although I did create my own Task Force specifically for it), and given that the challenges focus on Unidad's presence in Media Luna, which is also the scene of The Unidad Conspiracy, I did wonder if it was going to add extra missions. Especially since the most recent update was 7.5GB and Narco Road added a further 5.2GB.
Ah I see. I myself didn't realize that you needed a Task Force for it, but I've created one a while ago anyway so I guess I'm set. Pretty large update considering that it's not expanding any of the map. I wonder if it's going to be a bit deeper than it originally came off as, because going off the achievements, it didn't seem that extensive.

I myself didn't realize that you needed a Task Force for it, but I've created one a while ago anyway so I guess I'm set.
You need one for part of it. Challenges are divided into three groups - individual, community and Task Force. The Task Force challenges can only be completed by members of your Task Force. Each group comes with a different reward; weapon skins and patches for now.

Pretty large update considering that it's not expanding any of the map.
Inca Camina and Media Luna got their own buchons and misssions, so I thought La Cruz and Monte Pinchu might get them as well.

You need one for part of it. Challenges are divided into three groups - individual, community and Task Force. The Task Force challenges can only be completed by members of your Task Force. Each group comes with a different reward; weapon skins and patches for now.
Well good to know. I'm going to have to tell my friend to sign up and join my Task Force, then. I just hate how the Task Force tag in game translates to numbers instead of what you had selected for the tag.

Inca Camina and Media Luna got their own buchons and misssions, so I thought La Cruz and Monte Pinchu might get them as well.
Eh I'm trying to reserve judgement, but this really feels like it could have been part of the actual game. It doesn't sound to impressive so far, but I'll hold off until I actually play it.

Eh I'm trying to reserve judgement, but this really feels like it could have been part of the actual game. It doesn't sound to impressive so far, but I'll hold off until I actually play it.
I haven't played it myself, but my guess would be that:
You're trying to stop someone new moving in after Santa Blanca has been dismantled. A lot of the Ghosts' conversations so far have been focused on what happens when Santa Blanca is gone.

Just today noticed that the new missions spawned in the Media Luna province.

I've yet to complete much of the story as I focus on skill points, weapon cache and side quests first. If a story mission pops up along the way and it's easier to find the skill points or whatever, i'll do them, but I will try to save as many story missions as possible until i've completed most of the other activities.

Still alot of fun this game, and i've rounded 63 hours now. And not halfway done. :dopey:

You have to create a new character? Well that's a bit disappointing
I just went and mucked around with it, and there's a handful of special costumes that aren't available in the main game - in particular, a "CIA Special Infiltration Outfit". It's established early in the main game that the Ghosts are a Delta Force unit working with the CIA, DEA and Joint Special Operations Command, so they're not actually CIA agents. Although I haven't actually gotten into the story of Narco Road, it looks like the main character is a CIA agent. There's also a conversation that the Ghosts have where they note Bowman probably has other operators in the area, so I think Narco Road focuses on an operation running alongside Kingslayer.

I had no idea there was DLC out for this already. After watching the trailer it looks like it's a combination between The Fast and the Furious and Narcos on Netflix.

I've yet to complete much of the story as I focus on skill points, weapon cache and side quests first. If a story mission pops up along the way and it's easier to find the skill points or whatever, i'll do them, but I will try to save as many story missions as possible until i've completed most of the other activities.
I tend to do it the other way around. I start by exploring a province and gathering intelligence, picking up weapons, parts and skill points as I find them. Then I go and do the missions. Once I have taken the buchon down, I'll get any outstanding gear before doing the rebel side-quests and resource raids. I like to think of it as helping the rebels get a foothold in a province once the cartel has been quashed, but it's mostly to stop the rebels from interrupting my missions. I also tend to walk everwhere (unless a mission requires a vehicle) and I only spend skills points when I check in at a rally point upon entering a province. And I use a custom HUD, with no mini-map or markers.

I tend to do it the other way around. I start by exploring a province and gathering intelligence, picking up weapons, parts and skill points as I find them. Then I go and do the missions.
Yeah, exactly how I do it. :P

I try to save the yellow story missions for last in all provinces.

I try to save the yellow story missions for last in all provinces
I find that if I'm running around trying to collect everything, the game can become a bit of a chore. Especially if I have been playing for a while and my concentration levels start to drop away.

I've completed the first set of challenges. Took me a while to figure out how to use the sniper rifle at long range, but it was pretty easy to get the Unidad snipers at FOB Armadillo.

A new set of challenges are up:
For the LMG patch, you will need to:
1) Kill 30 Unidad soldiers with a minigun mounted to a ground vehicle in Koani.
2) Kill 5 Santa Blanca heavy soldiers with an LMG in San Mateo.
3) Kill 2 Santa Blanca veterans with CQC in San Mateo.

For the flames patch, your task force will need to:
4) Destroy 30 Santa Blanca sports cars with C4 in any province.

For the Evil Sun t-shirt, the community will need to:
5) Kill 800,000 Unidad snipers from at least 300 metres away in any province.

Anybody still play this? Bought it a few days ago on PS4 and I'm enjoying the game but I'm looking for peeps to play it co-op.

Am I the only one who wishes that there were more character customisation options? Like the ability to choose your vest layout; it varies depending on your primary weapon. The sniper rifle version looks best, but I prefer assault rifles and sub-machine guns.

Cannot wait for multiplatform playing, for any game.
It shouldn't be too hard to find people to play with through the public matchmaking. Especially since the challenges became available a few weeks ago; some require the community as a whole to work together, while others need you to be a member of a Task Force.

mouse and keyboard are OP compared to controller
The whole premise of the game sees you as being over-powered compared to the AI. You are, after all, taking on the role of a Delta Force team. But the game makes up for it by putting you up against dozens of enemies at once. It's impossible to memorise their patrol patterns.

Am I the only one who wishes that there were more character customisation options? Like the ability to choose your vest layout; it varies depending on your primary weapon. The sniper rifle version looks best, but I prefer assault rifles and sub-machine guns.

I wish there was too. I want one balaclava option that isn't the DM Scarf.

Oh, boy, one of the new challenges is tough:

You and your Task Force have to kill fifty Unidad soldiers with helicopter-mounted rockets in Flor de Oro. So far, the only helicopter I can find with such a weapon is a gunship parked in MOB Jaguar. The damn thing is stupidly fragile, and tough to aim at the best of times.

Played a few Fallen Ghost missions this a.m. and it is good so far.

Feels more ghosty which is great. Lack of weapons is a bit of a downer but I usually only use a select few, which are still available. Crossbow and knife are nice additions.

I still have a bad taste from Narco Road so I'm hoping this will trigger my interest back into the game.

Back