Gran Turismo 6 100% Club

• Thread starter GTRacer88
  • 252 comments
Ok, so the first time I did the last Vettel challenge a few days ago, at Suzuka, I beat Vettel, and thought I got gold.

Upon checking yesterday, I only had a silver there, so after I golded it, I went to 100%. Was 99% before.

Finally got to 100%, just did the last Super mission! I think this is the first game in in the GT series I’ve done 100% (since GT3). Feels good even though this one much easier to 100% than any before it.

I’m also at 4,200 miles which puts me a little over half way to the last Autobarmy trophy I have left before Platinum, which’ll be the first game I ever Platinum, haha.

I got 100% last night by finishing the last 2 drifting coffee breaks. Now just have to put a few more miles on the odometer for platinum.

Finally decided to brave the Redbull challenges and was stunned at how easy they were...I was so disappointed in GT5...I'd finished GT3, GT4, GT5p with the controller...GT5 was so disappointing and I was afraid of the Red Bull because of it...but I was delighted at how easy they were:

I thought GT6 was perhaps a little too easy to finish, the hardest challenges were the final drift, GT40 mission, X2011 Goodwood and the final Kart race...other than that...it was all relatively easy as opposed to Suzuka in the X2011 back in GT5 :crazy:

A moment in history to be savoured forever.

- I was on 99% and not bothered by this... Then I felt I better complete everything now...

I thought the missing 1% was the final drift trial at Madrid... I didn't much enjoy it, but after ... a dozen goes and much grumpy behaviour from me when I edged closer and closer to 7000 points...

then I got some crazy score like 9000 or so... "What was so hard about that?"

But the status area said - 99%

I looked through the races... I thought I had golded (Gilded? - English isn't my favourite language, but it is the only one I am allowed to use to communicate to humans with.) them all... I had all the stars... the Red Bull tests were all gone. I'd outstayed my Welcome with the son of the 10th Duke of Richmond, Gone to the Moon ("Cracking Cheese Grommit!").

I rechecked and it seems I had repeated a race (20 minutes of Apricot Hills raceway) and finished in 16th place. (Ah yes that will been when I had a dash in the Stingray Racer... and finished 2 laps down!)

So did it again in the AMGVGT Racer. And got a good race for the win...

Status area... 100% -
No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine,
I'm haunted by something I cannot define.
Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
assail me, impale me with monster-truck force.

Hardest bit was working out just why I was not at 100% - I had won the 20 minutes of Apricot Hill event several times - just left it on an American car failing to go the Distance.

Yeah it is amazing how poorly the game responds to "big things" in the game.. Like getting 100%.. You do all that.. you finally "beat the game".. and get.....

..nothing at all.

Not even a sentence of congrats on the news ticker.. Just a big fat let down.. Kind of like the entire career mode really, I guess it's fitting.

I was on 102%. Got platinium also.
Gold on everything except drifting... dislike that enormously. Dit not even gave it a try.
After an update (1.03 I think), I was set back to 98%.
Read then that the RedBull thing was needed to get 100%.
Golded everything there too .... still 98% !!

Then I accidentally discovered that I was set at place 14 on the 15' Nürburgring. I must have golded that for more than 20 times, it is my favorite circuit. So golded it once more, thinking that might have been the reason for the 98%.
No, it was not.
I am still at 98%... !?

So... do I really need that drifting thing ? In that case I will gladly stay at 98% :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was on 102%. Got platinium also.
Gold on everything except drifting... dislike that enormously. Dit not even gave it a try.
After an update (1.03 I think), I was set back to 98%.
Read then that the RedBull thing was needed to get 100%.
Golded everything there too .... still 98% !!

Then I accidentally discovered that I was set at place 14 on the 15' Nürburgring. I must have golded that for more than 20 times, it is my favorite circuit. So golded it once more, thinking that might have been the reason for the 98%.
No, it was not.
I am still at 98%... !?

So... do I really need that drifting thing ? In that case I will gladly stay at 98% :rolleyes:

I'm most likely guessing so.

Yes you have to Gold the 3 drift coffeee break events for 100%.

Just finished them last night.

I do not know what others think, but my perception was I scored higher drift points with a drift angle closer to 30deg than more than 45 deg. I think i may have been trying for too much angle !

Just the trophy for the autbahmy distance required now.

The drift challenges aren't too bad if you set the wheel up right (if you can set up your wheel)..

Drifting still feels completely wrong though, nothing like real life, at least the slower speed stuff..

BWX
The drift challenges aren't too bad if you set the wheel up right (if you can set up your wheel)..

Drifting still feels completely wrong though, nothing like real life, at least the slower speed stuff..
Got a good setup. Guess I need more practice.

Anybody got a quick how to on drifting? The 3 drift challenges is all I have left. Never did the drift seasonals in GT5

I only use a wheel and race rig as I cant get around the track using a DS3, but I had to resort to the controller for the drifting to get gold. I ended up with ASM on Active steering on strong comfort hard and keeping it in 2nd bouncing off the limiter.. ended up with 8100 on the 3rd challenge

the other 2 arnt that hard and I used similar settings except on the 2nd Tokyo Special stage the entry speed is higher so I used 4th on the first turn and 3rd on the next.. you can actually get enough points for gold in the first 2 sections if you do it right. Its just a lot of trial and error

I only use a wheel and race rig as I cant get around the track using a DS3, but I had to resort to the controller for the drifting to get gold. I ended up with ASM on Active steering on strong comfort hard and keeping it in 2nd bouncing off the limiter.. ended up with 8100 on the 3rd challenge

the other 2 arnt that hard and I used similar settings except on the 2nd Tokyo Special stage the entry speed is higher so I used 4th on the first turn and 3rd on the next.. you can actually get enough points for gold in the first 2 sections if you do it right. Its just a lot of trial and error
Thanks for the info. I will try it. DS3 sounds like a good idea. Haven't used one in a while.

Glad I'm not the only one where their gold cups turned to a silver after finishing a race in second. I was at 100%. I did the novice cup to get the trophy for winning a championship while being in 3rd place at the last race (2nd 2nd 1st). When I returned to my status screen the completion was 99%. When I looked at the novice cup the second race had now a silver trophy (but 3 stars). I won the race and the percentage was back at 100%. Pretty weird bug. First one I have encountered myself in GT6.

I am still at 98%... !?

Tell you what:
Gave the coffee brake drifting #1 a go. After 30 times or so, I got bronze.
Took a look at the status: 99% !! So +1% after 1 drifting bronze.
Tried the other 2 a few times, got frustrated, did 2 Nürburg 24 races which I easily won, saved the game manually, looked at the status .... Back to 98% :mad:
Can't find the logic in that one :confused:

Experiment with different tire setups on the drifting challenges if you're given the option. I found out some are easier with different tire choices.

I'm already 100%, im gonna get platinum now, the only platinum in any of the ps3 games I'm bothering to get because its not tediously long and hard.

A lot of people complaing about the short experience during offline mode.. was just curious.. how quick can someone reach 100%?.. :)

57zc.jpg

BWX
Like 2 weeks playing every day.
It depends on how long you play every day ;)
I got the game for my birthday and it took me less than 2 weeks to get to 102%, which surprised me a lot. Did not do the coffee break drifting.:yuck:

Platinium took a lot more time because of the needed distance traveled.

Back