Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
Here’s what the official PD website has to say. Maybe our existing tracks will remain. In the meantime GTS needs a TPE. Here’s hoping.

Regarding the “Track Path Editor”

With the end of the online services, the distribution of the “GT6 Track Path Editor”, currently available on “Google Play” and the “App Store”, will also end as of 28 March 2018. After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the “GT6 Track Path Editor” to “Gran Turismo 6”.

So, the track data is pretty much server based, which with it's termination you probably won't be able to even use them offline. Even if you do have the track data, you need to be signed into the GT Servers at all times to use them.

So, the track data is pretty much server based, which with it's termination you probably won't be able to even use them offline. Even if you do have the track data, you need to be signed into the GT Servers at all times to use them.
I for one am hoping they update the game as they did with GT5 allowing us to keep the tracks we have saved. Should be a simple fix as it has to be saved somewhere other than just PD servers. If not however, this will be the single biggest FAIL from PD.

End of server announcement states you will no longer be able "to transfer" and makes no mention of no longer being able to access. Wish they would just give some clarity on this as some of my favorite tracks are now those which I created.

2 weeks and we shall know!:nervous::confused:

I'm playing GTS and I'm deeply bored by the ridiculous cast of tracks. GTS is the worst WG about circuits.

I hope that, with the end of GT6, release the classic circuits for GTS.

upload_2018-3-15_22-48-42.png

upload_2018-3-15_22-51-4.png

upload_2018-3-15_22-51-30.png

upload_2018-3-15_22-51-56.png

upload_2018-3-15_22-52-29.png

Thanks for all the fun i had during GT5 and GT6 days, i haven't had as much fun with GT Sport lobbies. I kinda sad that those days are going to be over. These images are some from my good old days of GT6.

Thank you all.

----------
Failrace is also planning to stream the final days of GT6 soon on Saturday i believe.

I for one will not miss GT6. I enjoyed it since its release. I'm now on Sport and loving it. So good in many ways. If you want to race with a good group of people send me a friend request and we will continue racing on GT. Visit readyornotracing.com for info about our club. My PSN ID is Obi-Tonobi. See you on Sport.

I'll add this to my list of "Reasons I'll never buy another GT game".

Just another sob story from here so feel free to skip the rest.

GT6 is the only PS3 game that I've been playing for 3 years, and that reason is because of the many fantastic friends I have made since GT5's first year who I still race with regularly today. Most of us met through shuffle racing and that was what we all primarily did with the game, night in, night out.

However we all had to downgrade to GT6 after they shut 5's servers off. It was a downgrade to us because they decided to strip shuffle racing from GT6 for whatever bitchy reason. We had to make our own shuffle racing up but we have enjoyed years of close, fun racing with hilarious conversations, moments, arguments and so on. I feel more of a bond with these guys than numerous "real life" friends and I'll feel incredibly empty and at the end of an era when we'll no longer be able to race and chat together. There may only be 9 or so left in our group that show up regularly, not one of us have any plans on picking up a PS4, let alone GT Sport.

I have been such a massive fan of GT up until number 6, it's the reason I bought a PS2 and PS3. Since the release of 6 it's been disappointment after disappointment for me with the many ill (in my opinion) choices being made within the franchise. I guess once the servers are up that'll make me a pure PC gamer from then on, as anything older than the PS3 that I still play I have emulated (legally!).

I honestly expected this game's servers to be kicking around in 2020 still, what a damn shame. I still see new names joining the room every week for goodness sake! Makes you wonder how those GT Sport sales numbers are going.
In my opinion I honestly think the ceo or the owner ow whatever of gt6 just wants us all to be sad and depressed because theirs no reason for them to shut online services and like a lot of people have said they should just quit updating quick match and seasonal events which I agree because open lobby is where you can meet with online friends and meet new people and stuff so I just feel like they should just keep open lobby running for a long time

In my opinion I honestly think the ceo or the owner ow whatever of gt6 just wants us all to be sad and depressed because theirs no reason for them to shut online services and like a lot of people have said they should just quit updating quick match and seasonal events which I agree because open lobby is where you can meet with online friends and meet new people and stuff so I just feel like they should just keep open lobby running for a long time
Closing because it costs money for the servers. Even the free online for PS3 going away. Your going to have to pay to play like on PS4.

Closing because it costs money for the servers. Even the free online for PS3 going away. Your going to have to pay to play like on PS4.
Nope, that's indeed wrong. The PS3 wasn't intended to be for paid online of any sort, to add to the fact it was a extra service when the first got PS+ memberships for more games on the PS3. Just because you have to pay for on the PS4 doesn't mean you can't play online on your PS3, even if your subscription is out of date. They didn't have those key flags back in the day either when PS+ launched as a extra option.

Again, like I said. There is no news of sort for that.

Nope, that's indeed wrong. The PS3 wasn't intended to be for paid online of any sort, to add to the fact it was a extra service when the first got PS+ memberships for more games on the PS3. Just because you have to pay for on the PS4 doesn't mean you can't play online on your PS3, even if your subscription is out of date. They didn't have those key flags back in the day either when PS+ launched as a extra option.

Again, like I said. There is no news of sort for that.

@ynot is not really wrong. I don't remember where I read it but I'm sure I can dig it up. That Sony is going to shut down all the online play on the PS3 for good.
I don't know anything about making you pay to play on the PS3 but If Sony is putting an end to all the online capabilities of the PS3 I would say once it's over its over.

@ynot is not really wrong. I don't remember where I read it but I'm sure I can dig it up. That Sony is going to shut down all the online play on the PS3 for good.
That's not what he meant.

Even the free online for PS3 going away. Your going to have to pay to play like on PS4
I'd assume they are going to close the servers on the PS3 side soon anyway. But you can't dig an article up about that. I tried. As long as Sony has said in a statement, I'd otherwise to believe it to be true, but for now I don't.

It seems they are closing the PS3 Games Servers down, not the main server holding PSN information since it is largely a factor for the PS Plus users that have used the PS3. So it's not Sony's servers. It's the games in general that are shutting down their own servers, that's about it.

Last edited:
That's not what he meant.

I'd assume they are going to close the servers on the PS3 side soon anyway. But you can't dig an article up about that. I tried. As long as Sony has said in a statement, I'd otherwise to believe it to be true, but for now I don't.

It seems they are closing the PS3 Games Servers down, not the main server holding PSN information since it is largely a factor for the PS Plus users that have used the PS3. So it's not Sony's servers. It's the games in general that are shutting down their own servers, that's about it.

It most likely won't happen until the PS5 is out. The PS3 & PS4 run off the same PSN. I do know Sony has plans for an all new PSN and its rumored to be out with the new PS5.
As you said right now they are ending the online services of many games GT6 is just one many.

The PS3 probably has a few more years until Sony ends the PSN and any support for it. It will be interesting to see what happens because like I said the PS4 is tied into that as well.

You'll get over it.
Doesn't bother me, been on PS4 for a long time now. PS3 is now just a dvd player in the bedroom. Sad

I stand corrected on the pay to play comment. I went back to look for an article to share and all I could find was they are discontinuing the monthly free games on PS3 and Vita. I swear I read it somewhere but can not produce any proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
That mean the PS+ Subscription cannot be used for the PS3 use. That doesn't mean the PS3 is dead (yet). You can still sign up and play online just like you normally would, the PS4 however. You'd need a subscription.

That mean the PS+ Subscription cannot be used for the PS3 use. That doesn't mean the PS3 is dead (yet). You can still sign up and play online just like you normally would, the PS4 however. You'd need a subscription.
The PS3 is going to be a dead system very soon. GT6 is crap compared to whats on PS4 or XBox 1now. Move on to a better system and better games. Turn out the light's the party is over.

The PS3 is going to be a dead system very soon. GT6 is crap compared to whats on PS4 or XBox 1now. Move on to a better system and better games. Turn out the light's the party is over.
I don’t know about you but the older games still have a lot of flair for them. Why do you think Paradise got a Remastered Version? Sadly I can’t move onto those games because my connection is too slow to handle them or can’t download them, microtransactions dominate those games, I had a taste of it, but it’s not as fun. I still think GT5 and 6 can have a lot more life to be invested in for them, but just

Plus, the statement you gave is purely opinion. Yes, your graphics are better, not by leaps like it was with the PS1 to PS2 era, or better yet PS2 to 3. If it wasn't for GT6 shutting down I bet you people will still try to play. Some do on the original Xbox with Halo 2 and Project Gotham Racing 2 to be exact.

As a final tribute to GT6 (before I travel on a vacation) before the servers shut down, I went back today to finish the last 2 Sierra Time Rally challenges.
Both the Ferrari and the Nissan GTR ones. Never completed them before now.

I have no idea if my top score in the Ferrari challenge is any good, and frankly, I don't care. I completed it for my own sanity's sake. :lol:

xefx1c.jpg

To, you know, complete Gran Turismo 6 100%. :P

6e0z1e.jpg

I,ve owned every GT including GT Sport and compared to GT6 its not moving on its moving backwards
Yeah I agree with you I liked gt6 the best or gt5. But my dad bought the deluxe addition of gt sport and I told him I liked it but I really didn’t it wasn’t the same it wasn’t right I got depressed when I was racing a few times because it’s changed way to much. It’s not gran turismo it’s not the same as the older gran turismos

Not going away. You are just going to have to pay to play. Just like on PS4.
Wait are you saying that all I have to do is pay to be able to play online services when the online services end on ps3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree with you I liked gt6 the best or gt5. But my dad bought the deluxe addition of gt sport and I told him I liked it but I really didn’t it wasn’t the same it wasn’t right I got depressed when I was racing a few times because it’s changed way to much. It’s not gran turismo it’s not the same as the older gran turismos
I totally agree on what you said 👍. I think PD has lost their way with GTS, it should have been GT7 instead with online seasonal races with Drift Events and Time Trials.

Wait are you saying that all I have to do is pay to be able to play online services when the online services end on ps3?
NO, GT6 online will be over. You will not be able to use the online portion any longer after that date.

Here’s what the official PD website has to say. Maybe our existing tracks will remain. In the meantime GTS needs a TPE. Here’s hoping.

Regarding the “Track Path Editor”

With the end of the online services, the distribution of the “GT6 Track Path Editor”, currently available on “Google Play” and the “App Store”, will also end as of 28 March 2018. After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track data created with the “GT6 Track Path Editor” to “Gran Turismo 6”.

Ahem...
Try starting GT6 without logging in... All that hard work?... And cost of a tablet, for the sole purpose of course creation?...

gone

I totally agree on what you said 👍. I think PD has lost their way with GTS, it should have been GT7 instead with online seasonal races with Drift Events and Time Trials.
Lost their way for being somewhat lost in content and online save debacle.

NO, GT6 online will be over. You will not be able to use the online portion any longer after that date.
Oh that sucks I am never playing another gt game even though my dad bought me a. New one I am not playing it just sayid I wonder where they got that 1.2 BILLION dollars from wait ik gt6 and I also wonder where they are able to pay people 25 grand for a championship if they win wait ik gt6

Back