Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
Then they also wouldn't have known about the features, because the same people that reported "these features will be in GT6" will have followed up with "these features might not be in for launch" months before release, followed up with "these features will be added in a future update, and these won't be in at all" not long after that. Check the news page on this site, for example.

Also, if you (proverbial) don't live in the USA, the features weren't on the back of the box, so...

I tend to check up on a game before ordering, and I don't generally pre-order (and then subsequently forget about it...) - it's what some people might like to pass off as "common sense", if such a thing existed.

At the end of the day, it's your money, so you should look after it! Obviously retailers are going to want to take your pre-order and use it as leverage for something or other in lieu of actual cash (because they shouldn't take money until the game actually releases), but if you can't be bothered to cancel it when a game isn't turning out how you like, why should anyone else get the blame? Or should PD have gone 'round to everyone's house and delivered a bulletin? :P

I almost thought I was the only one. I always research before I buy, if I buy a new phone, I read up on peoples experience with the phone before I buy it. I do the same for video games, especially at or near launch with price tags in the 70$ area. I was disappointed with GT5 and told myself I wouldn't buy GT6 until a year after release, but I only made it a few weeks. I still checked it out before I bought it.

I knew the hackers were around in GT5, I was expecting them to eventually come to GT6, that's why it was no surprise, its just to be expected.

any news around about the 'Opponent Selector'? (within the Secret Menu)

I am THIS close to making a new thread offering serious, actual cash to whomever can give me such a tool (it was possible in GT5 with hacked save) combined with Grid Starts in Arcade Mode.

If anyone may have significant info to share, PM me.

Last edited:
any news around about the 'Opponent Selector'?

I am THIS close to making a new thread offering serious, actual cash to whomever can give me such a tool (it was possible in GT5 with hacked save) combined with Grid Starts in Arcade Mode.

If anyone may have significant info to share, PM me.

'Opponent Selector' what are you talking about?

You can keep your serious cash in you pocket, and that's all I am going to say about what you want.

In gt5 the "secret menu" allowed one access to an actual Opponent Selector within Arcade mode where you could hand-pick your opponents from the premium car pool.

Absolutely appalling that it takes hacking to achieve such a simple yet gameplay-expanding feature. :ouch:

Now, in GT6 where there is no distinction between premium and standard, one would (should) have access to every car in the game which is like OVER 9000 carrrrrs! :cool:

If someone can give us access to this hidden feature along with standing grid starts in arcade mode I am willing to pay a princely sum via paypal. This is not a bluff or a joke. PD is clearly not interested in letting us simulate motorsport or have any real gearhead fun, so us offliners now turn to the hackers for help.

@hall90 you can do the same with your chicken little attitude. No one is going to hurt you or your boxed-in gt experience I promise. This is for offline only, are you even paying attention?

In gt5 the "secret menu" allowed one access to an actual Opponent Selector within Arcade mode where you could hand-pick your opponents from the premium car pool.

Absolutely appalling that it takes hacking to achieve such a simple yet gameplay-expanding feature. :ouch:

Now, in GT6 where there is no distinction between premium and standard, one would (should) have access to every car in the game which is like OVER 9000 carrrrrs! :cool:

If someone can give us access to this hidden feature along with standing grid starts in arcade mode I am willing to pay a princely sum via paypal. This is not a bluff or a joke. PD is clearly not interested in letting us simulate motorsport or have any real gearhead fun, so us offliners now turn to the hackers for help.

@hall90 you can do the same with your chicken little attitude. No one is going to hurt you or your boxed-in gt experience I promise. This is for offline only, are you even paying attention?
You will be waiting a very long time for a secret menu, and that's all I can say about this as well

There is no need for your belittling comments/attitude. I am one of the people that has the knowledge to make things like that happen but, as @hall90 has said, you'll be waiting for a very long time. Also, soliciting money for a service is against the AUP so you may just want to drop the subject all together. 👍 Just some friendly advice for you. 👍 :) :cheers:

Purchase some fast internets for your prince (I assume he is over 16?) He will then be able to extend gameplay online - hand pick opponents, stimulate motorsports, whatever else tickles his fancy.

Purchase some fast internets for your prince (I assume he is over 16?) He will then be able to extend gameplay online - hand pick opponents, stimulate motorsports, whatever else tickles his fancy.

The issue with that of course it that you have to find 16 other people who are willing to play by your rules.

:lol:

Stimulate motorsports that is fantastic.

For starters, online is just plain awful. I have decent internets and I have NEVER seen an online GT race where the opponents moved/acted in a smooth, normal, lifelike manner. The cars move like waterbug ghosts, snapping in and out of existence like quantum particles. How you guys enjoy that mess is beyond my humble comprehension.

Even when I search YT for 'great' online race replays of GT 5 and 6, all I see are silly waterbugs jerking around the track. That is just SO far removed from the steady precision that is needed to experience something like a realistic auto race.

Also, jimi-san, please explain to me how one can choose a specific field of opponent cars to create the what-if scenarios that we all dream about and even kaz has mentioned? This can happen online, really? Will you be one of my 15 friends who will always be available in my very limited free time to hop on and pilot one of the custom wagons in my Shooting Brake Championship? Johnnypenso, don't even laugh because I will put you in that Volvo 240 GLT Estate Wagon for a hot round at Ascari monday night at 2am eastern! Lol!

Some of you are hilarious to watch as you swing at the branches of this problem known as gt6. Slightly better A.I. and a proper Event Creator and we can pull this thing out by the root! And since kaz has ZERO, I repeat ZERO interest in that, a hacked-save offline Opponent Selector is our only tangible hope.

Online.. Please.

Last edited:
A way to "orchestrate" a race by handpicking your opponents would have been the most amazing feature EVER conceived - Can you imagine what races we'd have - going against all odds, pittings us against impossible opponents! we should have a poll request for that :D
This feature already exists, it's called your "Friends List".

This x100000

Whatever, I don't think it's exactly great to assert your position on hybrids by stereotyping everybody that uses them.
I'm just gonna say hacking is not good in most cases. I don't really have a problem with hackers anyway, just as long as im not going against them.

Hackers are just a bunch of annoyed 12 year olds who can't win.

Really? Your 3rd post in and you're already resorting to this nonsense. :rolleyes: I'm 47, I am annoyed, (only by your post here) and have no problem winning.....without my hybrids. ;) And I don't care if you are new here, you should have read the AUP when you joined therefore you would have known that comments like yours don't fly here.

Really? Your 3rd post in and you're already resorting to this nonsense. :rolleyes: I'm 47, I am annoyed, (only by your post here) and have no problem winning.....without my hybrids. ;) And I don't care if you are new here, you should have read the AUP when you joined therefore you would have known that comments like yours don't fly here.
Guess I shouldn't have joined then.

Guess I shouldn't have joined then.

I guess not, not if you are going to have that kind of attitude that you exhibited in the post I quoted. :grumpy: Having an opinion is perfectly fine, its how you express it that makes a difference. Next time just try using a little more tact and maybe not stereotype people in the way that you did. 👍 Not all of us hackers are bad, evil people hell bent on ruining others fun in the game. ;)

I guess not, not if you are going to have that kind of attitude that you exhibited in the post I quoted. :grumpy: Having an opinion is perfectly fine, its how you express it that makes a difference. Next time just try using a little more tact and maybe not stereotype people in the way that you did. 👍 Not all of us hackers are bad, evil people hell bent on ruining others fun in the game. ;)
Just wanna say that I'm sorry that I offended anyone here. Probably not the best thing to say for my first post:)

Back