Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Every car turns its instrument panel to night mode, but the Model 3 doesn't turn its central display to dark mode like how it does in real life. It's the equivalent of using Discord light mode whenever you enter a tunnel or drive at night

Not sure if this is a bug or just system limitation, but in the Blue Moon Infield track, on PS4 Pro, there’s some very noticeable pop in of shadows on the bridge as you approach.
Do you have super sampling mode turned on? If so try turning it off and see if that visual anomaly still exists 🤔 I had several visuals that changed depending on whether or not I had the super sampling mode turned on/off. I have since moved on to the PS5 and no longer have too many of the “shadow” issues 😁

Is this since new track Lake Louise added I cant select Colarado Springs anymore at all in the UI, there is no way to get to it with the cursor arrows on the wheel/controller. I guess you have to plug in the analogue controller to use the sticks to get to the track?

Where are all the PS4 players?
Am I the only one having VERY weak vibration with the dualshock 4 since the 1.41 update? It's like the battery needs to be recharged, but it's full! I can't feel the road anymore. And when I crash on the guardrail the vibration is medium...The strongest thing I could get.
All vibration settings (in the main in the GT7 options, scale 0-150, and the in-game option 1-10) are maxed out, I didn't change anything. I eve tried to lower the main one to 125, like I read somewhere, but it's still the same.

I even tried to re-install the entire game. Nothing changed.

This only happens in GT7. All the other games don't have this problem, so it's this patch.
This. And I thought I was the only one. I even tried to switch dualshocks but same thing. I can't feel much anymore. Driving feels numb.

This. And I thought I was the only one. I even tried to switch dualshocks but same thing. I can't feel much anymore. Driving feels numb.
Since 1.41 I counted only 3 of us having this problem. Nobody else is talking about it, in this or other threads. Not even on reddit or twitter.
It's like only a batch of dualshock 4 or PS4 are affected in GT7.
Or all players are on PS5.
Or use a wheel.
It can't be real...

DRS is R3 but it cannot be changed or picked from buttons menu for change button!
The button is labelled "Nitrous/Overtake", and very much can be changed.
1701090572908.png

Here is an odd one that I couldn't see mentioned.

The Infiniti VGT ECU output adjustment only lowers torque, but the power output graph shows it only lowering power. Also the peak power line is floating above where the peak power is on the graph.

The Power Restrictor works fine though (at least it seems to!)

Here is an odd one that I couldn't see mentioned.

The Infiniti VGT ECU output adjustment only lowers torque, but the power output graph shows it only lowering power. Also the peak power line is floating above where the peak power is on the graph.

The Power Restrictor works fine though (at least it seems to!)
Are you sure it is not the whole scale that is adjusted to lower numbers in a way that doesnt alter the curvature?

Fewer bugs in GT7 irritate me more than the start-up hanging bug.

I've tried loading GT7 twice today and both times it has failed.

Really, it's not good enough that the entire game won't even start properly after all this time. Get it sorted PD!!

Is this since new track Lake Louise added I cant select Colarado Springs anymore at all in the UI, there is no way to get to it with the cursor arrows on the wheel/controller. I guess you have to plug in the analogue controller to use the sticks to get to the track?
I just now found this too!
Don’t play single player much but since dailies are a mess and Gtws is over, it’s tt and single player for me atm.

I grabbed my controller and used the joystick to get Colorado Springs to select but that’s a pita.

I just bought GT7 for PS4. I'm having massive problems with GT Auto. Fresh install and latest patch. Whether buying new rims, setting custom liveries or installing rear wings, exiting the screen to GT Auto home screen causes the game hang to 37-40%. Some other users seem to have this problem too. Any workaround or cure to this one?

Edit: the loading percentage also seems to randomly jump backwards a few steps...

Attachments

• IMG_20231205_140735_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231205_140735_HDR.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm not a good racer. I could do normal S-10 license on bronze level so I check back regularly and try it hoping I get better. Today I faced a problem, I can't get speed right after the first corner and can't get up onto the hill without sliding off the track. I watched a couple of videos of youtubers and I think that the wet surface is misplaced in my copy.
So either I became worst or something happened to the weather at one of the updates.
What do you think?

Attachments

• 18c3a12d70058-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c3a12d70058-screenshotUrl.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm not a good racer. I could do normal S-10 license on bronze level so I check back regularly and try it hoping I get better. Today I faced a problem, I can't get speed right after the first corner and can't get up onto the hill without sliding off the track. I watched a couple of videos of youtubers and I think that the wet surface is misplaced in my copy.
So either I became worst or something happened to the weather at one of the updates.
What do you think?
Not a bug, but as a suggestion may you use the driving line (dashed yellow line) aid when you do this or any wet racing because where that yellow line is, it is the driest part of the track on the racing line, if you veer off you will see the wetness meter go up, if you keep centered on that yellow line it will be wet but not as much. it really helped me in the S-10 test.

There's a massive bug but I've not yet figured out if it affects the real weight, so in the settings of your car, if you make a new sheet, your weight reduction stage 1 wont carry over in the measurments. Happened on my toyota supra gt. To fix this, I simply duplicated the original settings sheet which I had to figure out which it was after I renamed it, that seemed to give me the correct weight reduction installed value.

With these larger replays for the longer races in GT1 League in the Championship races, I've been having trouble clearing enough space to save them. When I think I've deleted enough older replays and try to save a replay from one of my championship races, but don't have enough space, the game of course tells me there's not enough space. When I check how much space I have though, the space I DID clear is now gone! I think the game is still saving these replays, since there's not room for the complete replay, it's storing them somewhere inaccessible where I can't delete them, and they're just permanently removing the amount of space I have for storing replays/photos/liveries, etc. I've probably lost over 1GB of space that I can't get back unless I delete and reinstall the game.

TL;DR
If you don't have enough space to save a full replay, you permanently lose additional space for saving things.
And thankfully @Tidgney made a video about this same issue.

There's a massive bug but I've not yet figured out if it affects the real weight, so in the settings of your car, if you make a new sheet, your weight reduction stage 1 wont carry over in the measurments. Happened on my toyota supra gt. To fix this, I simply duplicated the original settings sheet which I had to figure out which it was after I renamed it, that seemed to give me the correct weight reduction installed value.
I don't know if this is a bug but i think it applies to the above issue, there are certain cars that when you take them to get the "aero" parts, in some instances it removes the front and rear bumpers ('58 Corvette) when you remove the bumpers there is not a change in the weight of the car and i know bumpers do weigh more than a Kg. So my question is why doesn't the weight change when you add or remove such items?

I've not gotten the weekly challenge races rewards. For the brand new races that just appeared 30 min ago. This is the third time. I finished the first event and got nothing...and i have the evidence...

I don't know if this is a bug but i think it applies to the above issue, there are certain cars that when you take them to get the "aero" parts, in some instances it removes the front and rear bumpers ('58 Corvette) when you remove the bumpers there is not a change in the weight of the car and i know bumpers do weigh more than a Kg. So my question is why doesn't the weight change when you add or remove such items?
This has always been the way, the same as removing a spoiler also doesn’t remove weight

I've not gotten the weekly challenge races rewards. For the brand new races that just appeared 30 min ago. This is the third time. I finished the first event and got nothing...and i have the evidence...

This doesn't show you checking your gifts in the garahe section, which is where roulette tickets will be, on mine it doesn't always show the blue icon with a number on the garage icon to let you know you have a new reward anymore, but it will be there

This doesn't show you checking your gifts in the garahe section, which is where roulette tickets will be, on mine it doesn't always show the blue icon with a number on the garage icon to let you know you have a new reward anymore, but it will be there
Yeah i was only able to save video for 30 min back. This is the third time this has happened. The week before last and also the second week. I know the vid didnt go back quite far enough but it wasn't there i did check.

And thankfully @Tidgney made a video about this same issue.

No worries, it's been annoying me for months now why it keeps getting so low and then i decided to try get evidence and put pieces of the puzzle together. Now I may be off with this and there's something extra happening but I think it shows there is actually a problem there.

Bug has already been submitted to PD but thought I'd make people aware so that they can avoid it spiralling like it has with mine now

I managed to destroy 4 US fighter jets :lol:

I took a photo in Race photo mode of the jets at the start of the Daytona Oval Gr.3 Cup race, and it came out OK. I then decided to see what would happen if I set the exposure time to 1 second, and they disappeared into a puff of smoke. Thinking that they were just not visible in the picture, I set the exposure time back to 1/60s but they were still gone. I then went back into the live replay of the race, and sure enough, the planes had vanished - the only sign of them was a cloud of smoke that soon evaporated. Woops.

I managed to destroy 4 US fighter jets :lol:

I took a photo in Race photo mode of the jets at the start of the Daytona Oval Gr.3 Cup race, and it came out OK. I then decided to see what would happen if I set the exposure time to 1 second, and they disappeared into a puff of smoke. Thinking that they were just not visible in the picture, I set the exposure time back to 1/60s but they were still gone. I then went back into the live replay of the race, and sure enough, the planes had vanished - the only sign of them was a cloud of smoke that soon evaporated. Woops.
Not a bug, GT7 rebuilds replays through data not recorded as actual, therefore if you were to reload the replay again and then take the photo at a slower shutter it should be different and not vanish

(Or as I am to believe is how the replay system works)

Okay then can someone please tell me how to file a bug report with gran turismo at least? I've looked on polyphony and gran turismo sites and dont see anything...This isn't the first time i have had this bug and have looked for where to file a report since the first week of these challenges. there was only one week where they all worked fine...

Okay then can someone please tell me how to file a bug report with gran turismo at least? I've looked on polyphony and gran turismo sites and dont see anything...This isn't the first time i have had this bug and have looked for where to file a report since the first week of these challenges. there was only one week where they all worked fine...
See quote below,
GTPlanet is an independent media site, and we are not involved in the development or production of Gran Turismo.
there is NOT any official way you can file a "bug report" to Polyphony Digital and/or Sony. All we do is hope that someone from PD does read these forum posts and does something with them.

Last edited:
See quote below,

there is NOT any official way you can file a "bug report" to Polyphony Digital and/or Sony. All we do is hope that someone from PD does read these forum posts and does something with them.
Yes, I realize that Gran Turismo is not part of this site. What I was asking last was how to submit a ticket to them. surely that's not some clandestine information. No one can point me where to go on the gran turismo site or the polyphony site? I've looked and looked...Maybe i'm just stupid for not findi ng it but seems like someone could just say hey you go here...I'll go ask somewhere else...Thanks for all the help guys...

Yes, I realize that Gran Turismo is not part of this site. What I was asking last was how to submit a ticket to them. surely that's not some clandestine information. No one can point me where to go on the gran turismo site or the polyphony site? I've looked and looked...Maybe i'm just stupid for not findi ng it but seems like someone could just say hey you go here...I'll go ask somewhere else...Thanks for all the help guys...
Polyphony basically has no way to submit bugs reports. It's not that people are trolling you or anything. They're just that closed off from their audience.

That aside, it is something that is being looked into at PD already.

Back