Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,113 comments
Just finished the Beginner Roadsters Cup and Raptor Survival events from GTS. And with Colorado Springs and Fisherman's Ranch in the Raptor races, that inches me closer to the Trophy. Stars and Stripes is up next, just need to make sure I have all the cars for the grid.

Been playing some GT4 lately and just finished the All Japan GT Championship. Got me a bit nostalgic and wanting something similar out of GT7.

Thankfully, my amazing foresight (and terrible financial choices) see me hold 3 of the Skyline and the Supra, so I could make something somewhat similar, and after doing the classic power limiting of my own car, gave me a pretty good race!

I had to do surprisingly little to make this competitive, the AI also fought each other much more than I see in my F1 races, though I certainly think they are worse off in those cars than they are in GT cars.

1660001934078.png
1660001945523.png

1660001955998.png
1660001983282.png

I bought 4 TOM'S Supra and I'm not ashamed to say it. :lol:

I think the differences from the 1997 Supra compared to the 1999 Supra are mostly visually, right? If you don't care much about a perfect recreation, we can use both Supra and GT-R to do the 1999-2002 seasons.

Ah, if only we had the NSX model...

z2P1XPH.png

morning ! i did an M3 89 cup with following setup:
10 laps catalunya
tyre x 2
fuel x 5
boost weak
grid line start
Professional
Comfort sport
started 15 arrived 9 there was no pit by anyone. AI was lapping fast but first 3 at finish line were actually same at race start and essentially in replay did not see a great deal of overtaking except me :-)

how can I make it bit more "eventful" ? any suggestion ?
thank you

Last edited:
morning ! i did an M3 89 cup with following setup:
10 laps catalunya
tyre x 2
fuel x 5
boost weak
grid line start
Professional
Comfort sport
started 15 arrived 9 there was no pit by anyone. AI was lapping fast but first 3 at finish line were actually same at race start and essentially in replay did not see a great deal of overtaking except me :-)

how can I make it bit more "eventful" ? any suggestion ?
thank you
For 10-lap races you could use more fuel and tyre wear. The Catalunya event has 8x fuel consumption and 12x tire wear, which forces you to pit at least once in the race.

2016 Super GT Series is complete!
lOSUYFM.png

D1CjnM2.png

will certainly give a try... thank you.!!. and to ensure different AI pilots and not in the same starting order would win ? would have to adjust grid manually at each new race ? somehow have the feeling this one is not solvable...sigh

will certainly give a try... thank you.!!. and to ensure different AI pilots and not in the same starting order would win ? would have to adjust grid manually at each new race ? somehow have the feeling this one is not solvable...sigh
Hum, that one is a little more complicated.

I did a 300km race with Gr.2 cars and there were quite a bit of variety. Only the last two cars started and finished in the same place.

Another quick 30 minute race with Gr.3 cars in the same track was a little different, with very few overtakes. AI behavior seems to be linked to the circuit and length of the race.

Hum, that one is a little more complicated.

I did a 300km race with Gr.2 cars and there were quite a bit of variety. Only the last two cars started and finished in the same place.

Another quick 30 minute race with Gr.3 cars in the same track was a little different, with very few overtakes. AI behavior seems to be linked to the circuit and length of the race.
Also linked to your pace. If I'm slowly climbing through the field passing one car a lap they keep a steady pace usually. When I get in front and start clicking off some fast laps, suddenly they start running fast laps 1-2 seconds faster than me.

Also linked to your pace. If I'm slowly climbing through the field passing one car a lap they keep a steady pace usually. When I get in front and start clicking off some fast laps, suddenly they start running fast laps 1-2 seconds faster than me.
That explains why when I'm in 1st place the AI always get a fastest lap :lol:

Of course more credits would be nice. Nice would also use multiple livery and tunes even whit one own car. Not have to own 20 car for full grid whit diffeerent liveres.
A small part of me does not want this feature as I've already spent a fortune on duplicate touring cars, Minis and Porsches. I'm currently deciding whether to buy lots of Red Bull Juniors or bite the bullet and buy lots of F1 cars.

I have been playing custom races almost exclusively since the last update. My favourite is my recreation of the 2022 British Touring Car Championship.

I have 19 other cars with liveries that I've collected from the showcase and my own. I've also put all the names in for the drivers from the current championship. As it's a mixture of cars, I have tuned them all to being very similar PP's. However, I have also used the tuning to give better drivers (or my favourite drivers) a slight advantage.

I've then done a championship table in excel where I just enter the finishing positions for each driver and it calculates the points based on the BTCC system. 20, 17, 15, 14, 13 etc down to 15th place. I just don't award a bonus point for fastest lap.

So I do 3 races per circuit. The first race I pick a grid order based on a likely qualifying and put myself 20th.
Then here's where I differ from the BTCC, I only do a 5 lap race. (or 7 laps a short tracks like Brands Hatch Indy).
This is short enough so that with my ability and my car's PP level, I don't often win the first race.

The second race grid is based on the finishing positions of the first race. So I might be 6th and have a good chance of winning it.

Then the third race has a reverse grid (using the BTCC random driver from 6th to 12th goes on pole format). So I only sometimes win that race.

This way the championship is interesting with different AI drivers winning and being on the podium. And I can always rig the first race grid at the next circuit to keep the championship interesting.

I've really enjoyed doing this and am also doing a championship with Quaife Mini's and Porsche Cup cars.

I'll share some photo's later when I can get them off my PS5.

I have been playing custom races almost exclusively since the last update. My favourite is my recreation of the 2022 British Touring Car Championship.

I have 19 other cars with liveries that I've collected from the showcase and my own. I've also put all the names in for the drivers from the current championship. As it's a mixture of cars, I have tuned them all to being very similar PP's. However, I have also used the tuning to give better drivers (or my favourite drivers) a slight advantage.

I've then done a championship table in excel where I just enter the finishing positions for each driver and it calculates the points based on the BTCC system. 20, 17, 15, 14, 13 etc down to 15th place. I just don't award a bonus point for fastest lap.

So I do 3 races per circuit. The first race I pick a grid order based on a likely qualifying and put myself 20th.
Then here's where I differ from the BTCC, I only do a 5 lap race. (or 7 laps a short tracks like Brands Hatch Indy).
This is short enough so that with my ability and my car's PP level, I don't often win the first race.

The second race grid is based on the finishing positions of the first race. So I might be 6th and have a good chance of winning it.

Then the third race has a reverse grid (using the BTCC random driver from 6th to 12th goes on pole format). So I only sometimes win that race.

This way the championship is interesting with different AI drivers winning and being on the podium. And I can always rig the first race grid at the next circuit to keep the championship interesting.

I've really enjoyed doing this and am also doing a championship with Quaife Mini's and Porsche Cup cars.

I'll share some photo's later when I can get them off my PS5.
Mind sharing your championship table with google sheets or s.th. similiar?

Mind sharing your championship table with google sheets or s.th. similiar?
Hi,
I've put a copy here on my MS Onedrive.

It should look like this....
1660213102085.png

I've left my results in an examples. There are columns between the main columns (H to AV) for working out the points. Just enter the finishing position for the race and the points are totalled up and the colours are applied.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Variable Time Speed Ratio
Going to do some endurance races of maybe 3 or 6 hours and I’d like to add some day/night & full 24 hour cycles into the race.

Endurance races are fairly simple. (I believe)
60 mins races
x1 = 1 hour cycle
x2 = 2 hour cycle
x24 = 24 hour cycle etc…

3 hours race
x1 = 3 hour cycle
x2 = 6 hour cycle
x24 = 72 hour cycle?

Lap races
How does the multiplier work for when you select the number of laps?
Let’s say I want to do 30 laps at Le Mans (roughly 4mins per lap) and I want a 24 hour cycle to occur. How do I work out what multiplier to set it to?

Variable Time Speed Ratio
Going to do some endurance races of maybe 3 or 6 hours and I’d like to add some day/night & full 24 hour cycles into the race.

Endurance races are fairly simple. (I believe)
60 mins races
x1 = 1 hour cycle
x2 = 2 hour cycle
x24 = 24 hour cycle etc…

3 hours race
x1 = 3 hour cycle
x2 = 6 hour cycle
x24 = 72 hour cycle?

Lap races
How does the multiplier work for when you select the number of laps?
Let’s say I want to do 30 laps at Le Mans (roughly 4mins per lap) and I want a 24 hour cycle to occur. How do I work out what multiplier to set it to?
30 x 4 is 120 mins (2 hours) so I'd presume for a 24h cycle you'd then want x12 speed.

Created a little Spec Z race not too long ago. A 20 minute endurance race from a grid start. 2x Fuel Consumption and 7x Wear, but if you want strategy you'll probably need at least 5-6 times the amount of wear. The hard tires are actually ridiculous, and I'm not sure if the AI will use the softer compounds.

I did have the goal of having an 100% clean race with no contact and no major mistakes, but that didn't end up happening. Made contact trying to overtake first place into Big Banky Boi, then extended the gap to maybe 4-5 seconds at most. Considering the AI isn't all that fast, it was really impressive that it managed to keep up at all. Different AIs were consistently taking the FLap as well.

For now, all the cars are upgraded with some basic stuff:
  • Stage 2 Weight Reduction
  • Height Adjustable Sports Suspension
  • Semi-Racing Clutch and Flywheel
  • Racing Brake Pads
  • Racing: Hard Slicks
73,900 Cr. per car -- 1,478,000 Cr. for a full grid (excluding cosmetics)

That setup should put each car roughly around 611 PP - doesn't bite the driver too much. A bit trickier with ABS Weak.

I might change it so that some cars have different exhausts/filters/etc but capped at the same HP to have some variance, then maybe change the brake/clutch configuration so they stay around a similar PP level. Would a ballast to simulate driver weight be overkill? Wouldn't know where to even position it.

Last edited:
Stars and Stripes and GT-R Cup complete! Up next is Compétition de France, might have enough cars for the grid.

Created a little Spec Z race not too long ago. A 20 minute endurance race from a grid start. 2x Fuel Consumption and 7x Wear, but if you want strategy you'll probably need at least 5-6 times the amount of wear. The hard tires are actually ridiculous, and I'm not sure if the AI will use the softer compounds.

I did have the goal of having an 100% clean race with no contact and no major mistakes, but that didn't end up happening. Made contact trying to overtake first place into Big Banky Boi, then extended the gap to maybe 4-5 seconds at most. Considering the AI isn't all that fast, it was really impressive that it managed to keep up at all. Different AIs were consistently taking the FLap as well.

• Racing Brake Pads

That setup should put each car roughly around 611 PP - doesn't bite the driver too much. A bit trickier with ABS Weak.

I might change it so that some cars have different exhausts/filters/etc but capped at the same HP to have some variance, then maybe change the brake/clutch configuration so they stay around a similar PP level. Would a ballast to simulate driver weight be overkill? Wouldn't know where to even position it.

I did the driver weight ballast thing last night, not sure I noticed much difference.

I'm just thinking, maybe it would be nice if there's a year filter for the stock AI cars (non garage cars).

Right now IIRC, there's only Category and Gr. filters ?

I was having good tcr/btcc race with 5 cars battling for the lead until the last lap, when a group 4 wrx decided to shed its power restrictor and pull away 3.5s in the last 1/2 a lap.🙃

I did the driver weight ballast thi

• Racing Brake Pads

hey ! are you not experiencing maybe that orders of AI cars at finish line tend to be almost identical to those at starting line ?.. having this issue on my one make M3 89 cup no matter what tyres or fuel multiplier I adopt.. so was actually thinking to very slightly tune up PP in a few of them as you did and put those strategically on the back of the grid to see if it helps to create a bit of unpredictability...

Had a good tcr/btcc/hot hatch race. All cars are around 585-590pp. My car is detuned to 82 on the power restrictor. It makes the top speed very similar to the ai cars.

That is amazing and actually really fun to race!
Looks like the AI were all actually equally paced. What did you do to the cars to get them all pretty equal? As for tuning did you just slap on all the parts under the racing tab?

That is amazing and actually really fun to race!
Looks like the AI were all actually equally paced. What did you do to the cars to get them all pretty equal? As for tuning did you just slap on all the parts under the racing tab?

I just made sure all the cars are around 585 -590.pp. They all have racing hards, full race gbox and suspension, ceramic brakes and racing pads, full lsd. All wide body. Engine and weight mods determined by pp limits. Some cars have the power restrictor in use as well. There are ff, fr and 4wd cars in the race.

When I drive the ai cars, the lap time is 59.5s to 100.5s for tge majority of the field. But whichever car I choose to race, I must restrict power to 82 approx.

Last edited:
I just made sure all the cars are around 585 -590.pp. They all have racing hards, full race gbox and suspension, ceramic brakes and racing pads, full lsd. All wide body. Engine and weight mods determined by pp limits. Some cars have the power restrictor in use as well. There are ff, fr and 4wd cars in the race.
Cheers for that! 👍🏻 Might spend some time one weekend making my own little BTCC. Never thought about using road cars and upgrading them to race cars.

Back