Gran Turismo 7 Please PD Fix Online Asap!

Is Gran Turismo seven’s online multiplayer lobby broken ?

• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
I agree. I hosted my first Multiplayer Lobby with friends yesterday and there were many Problems. Hope they fix it soon.

Worst Things:

Not able to change settings once the lobby is created.

Not able to see Qualifying Times.

Not able to adjust grid manually.

The BOP seemed broken and not balanced. The Lamborghini Gr. 4 was flying away from the Porsche Gr. 4.

I agree. I hosted my first Multiplayer Lobby with friends yesterday and there were many Problems. Hope they fix it soon.

Worst Things:

Not able to change settings once the lobby is created.

Not able to see Qualifying Times.

Not able to adjust grid manually.

The BOP seemed broken and not balanced. The Lamborghini Gr. 4 was flying away from the Porsche Gr. 4.
There are no BoP System... so i dont know what you mean ;P

We need to fix on line race asap, here was some Issues I had tonight

-Lobby have so much lag in all race
  • When bop and no tunning you can not change brake Balance.
  • lobby crash after a race so u get no cr or Daily mileage.
  • You cannot change settings room after a race or track vote u need a now lobby
- You cannot load or save room settings

Love GT love GT7… but for anyone who voted no we gotta talk!!!😭😭😭 we tried to run our Michelin GT3 Cup car challenge and it was atrocious!!! Liveries weren’t showing up… people disappeared… the cars were acting as if they drank 10 cups of double shot coffee… like nahhh GTS you couldn’t even tell you were online because it was soo smooth… Kaz fix this!!!!!! Nah In all seriousness I expect these issue to be fixed!

Last edited:
Other things not previously mentioned, although I did skim read - (ps4)

- a lot on online stuff it's a laggy jerky mess and it no longer tells you the other players connection speeds, if that is the actual problem. I doubt it because that is rare and this is common. I also noticed that cars in the distance don't lag but when you get close, it gets very jerky.

- blue screens frequently when going from practice to race.

- you can't chat when in the lobby if a race is on, you have to spectate.

- you have to set the display all race settings EVERY time you enter/exit spectate mode.

- you can't tell what mode (if a race is in progress) in the lobby list. You have to join to find out.

- you have to select go to track twice if BOP is on. It's like selecting enter, then go to track, so the button is worthless.

- you still get the start line stuck bug.

This was just tonight. Yeah can't edit lobbies. Can't used brake bias if bop is on. Tuning and PP ruins spec series like gr4 and gr3.

PD already had the front end of lobbies working in GTS. I don't get why they didn't copy this over and add some bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Another YouTube Sim Racer speaks out on Gran Turismo multiplayer are very respectable person, Please polyphony digital fix our beloved multiplayer and give us back lobbies settings like GT sport. He is 100% right as it stands now We cannot do any custom league racing properly.

yea everyone seems to agree on the multiplayer needs a hero ASAP. GT Sport was so good at this. not sure why they took a step back on it. I want to guess it's the difference of hardware between ps4 and ps5? but I doubt it. It be nice to have rain appear in free runs as well. Currently only possible in races

yea everyone seems to agree on the multiplayer needs a hero ASAP. GT Sport was so good at this. not sure why they took a step back on it. I want to guess it's the difference of hardware between ps4 and ps5? but I doubt it. It be nice to have rain appear in free runs as well. Currently only possible in races
It is strange and should not be because of the hardware difference between PS4 and PS5. GT Sport had no issues with that, so GT7 should not be different.

I really miss the option to load/save settings, especially because you can't change settings after making the lobby. 1 forgotten setting and the race can be messed up. We need the settings like GT Sport.

Wishlist.
Load/save settings for quick lobby creation
able to change settings/circuit after lobby has been made
circuit voting
races with qualifying sessions
able to boot players for not driving properly or general abusive behaviour
the other penalty system where you can brake away your penalty instead of those horrible slowdown zones
brakebalance setting if tuning is not allowed (BoP and No tuning)
maybe even all tirechoices without having to buy all tires per car (also no pp changes because of them)
lobbies that can be entered with a pincode, so you don't need to have all drivers, that need to enter, as friends
host migration

Last edited:
I came on here to see if PD had added in some of the options that were missing in GT Sport from GT5/6, seems like they've dropped the ball and slid even further back.

:dunce:

Last edited:
A famous GT player knows as Z28 Has brought up some very good pointers where PD has dropped the ball on multiplayer do you think this could be fixed in the future.

I like Z28 but what he doesn't understand is GT has always been this way, before GT Sport, EVERY GT game you had to buy the tires individually. GT7 is a return to form. None of this FREE tires and FREE upgrades as in GT SPORT.
GT5, GT6 and GT7 all work exactly the same in this case, you pay for every single part of the car. Z28 forgets that.

Brake bias is an interesting change to put it under tuning prohibited. But seeing as though it had major ties to the grip of a car in GT Sport, I can also understand this. You couldn't drive some rear/mid engined cars with confidence in GT Sport unless you had a rearward brake bias setting. It got to the point where you could tell who was driving with rearward brake bias in a one make race because that's the level of advantage it gives. That's how the physics of that game works. So it's great GT7 eliminates the brake bias altogether when there's no tuning allowed. I welcome both changes.

What I don't like and DO AGREE with Z28 is only on this: The grinding for credits is too much in GT7 and far worse than any other GT title to date, the payouts are paltry.

Last edited:
My latest theory is the online lobbies are not complete (no **** Sherlock!) and it was released in this state so PD could hit the release date on time. I reckon PD thought players would spend a few weeks going though the various single player parts winning cars before they would be too interested in online races, meaning PD could work on the online stuff in the meantime for the next patch. It would also explain the lack of daily races and the jerkiness of the online play - the servers are not all in place.

Trouble is, is their update for online set for a week or so or several months?

Like all devs, they don't seem to understand their customers or know who they are. GTS brought us online play, this is what the majority want. Racing against the AI is crap. They're slow, dumb and dirty. You only do it for one reason...

Many league hosts have had to delay their gt7 championships or move them to another platform. PD will lose customers, fast. That's a major market analysis fail. That guy should be sacked immediately.

If PD doesn't fix the entire online mutliplayer stuff by the end of the month, you can rest assured that they will face the wrath and lose profits lol

I have just had to quit my online lobby (which was full) because when I went to start the race the game wouldn't let me. It kept showing me a message saying that the operation couldn't be finished because there were players still loading, and there's nothing I could do because game wouldn't let me either kick other players or change the racing settings.

Also, the game not giving you the option to make it so a new player can take over as host when the original leaves (like you could in previous games) is just dumb.

The thing that scares me the most right now about this whole lobby situation and online multiplayer is that I feel that we’re only gonna get a fix once they turn off the switch on the GT Sport servers and who knows how long that will be.

The thing that scares me the most right now about this whole lobby situation and online multiplayer is that I feel that we’re only gonna get a fix once they turn off the switch on the GT Sport servers and who knows how long that will be.
Honestly.... Im glad im not the only one who has thought about this. Really hope thats not the case

Yeah GT Sport is just fine in comparison to GT7. Which is really odd...cause I still hate the pit bug and being parked at the start of a race for no reason but compared to GT7's lack of features in online offerings etc, I can enjoy it.

Back