GRAN TURISMO 7 - RADICAL SR3 SL 2013 ONE-MAKE SERIES - LOBBY SATURDAYS @ 7:30P.M. EASTERN STANDARD TIME

PDF is updated for Round 4. Post #3 on Page 1 of this Thread.

Next is Monza!

What is everyone's opinion on points penalties? I scratched my points for race one due to punting Drex off at T2. I want to enforce the rules for Sportsmanship in some manner.

Last edited:

Next is Monza!

What is everyone's opinion on points penalties? I scratched my points for race one due to punting Drex off at T2. I want to enforce the rules for Sportsmanship in some manner.
Hopefully I will be able to start racing in a week or 2 so I can get my butt kicked by Pigems too. :)
I just wish my new wheel was going to be here before the end of June. I'm tired of my old wheel upshifting and downshifting by itself and skipping gears but I'm so used to it I can't use it as an excuse for being slow, I just wanted a DD wheel. I don't expect it to make me faster just hope for increased feedback and no belt slop that can be felt.

Next is Monza!

From my in car perspective the contact. The contact looked unintentional. If you really want to enforce no contact penalty. I think losing the points for that race is good enough.

My feelings on contact in racing is mixed. I don't think you should be able to flat out wreck someone or push them off track without some sort of consequence. But then I feel enforcing super strict squeaky clean racing discourages passing. While I do feel this should be the case for open wheel. Since usually contact equals dangerous destruction. Anything with fenders minor could be ignored to some degree. Most of these cars can survive a little rub or scrape.

I also feel contact is scenario dependent. Particularly depending on the nature of the track. Some race tracks passing becomes almost impossible without some contact.

Last edited:
Hopefully I will be able to start racing in a week or 2 so I can get my butt kicked by Pigems too. :)
I just wish my new wheel was going to be here before the end of June. I'm tired of my old wheel upshifting and downshifting by itself and skipping gears but I'm so used to it I can't use it as an excuse for being slow, I just wanted a DD wheel. I don't expect it to make me faster just hope for increased feedback and no belt slop that can be felt.
I was curious where you have been.

Work, work, and more work. Everyone needs racecar work done, even with gas at $5 per gallon for the tow rig, we will see how long that lasts though.
If I lived in Florida, I would trying getting a job assembling MX-5 Cup Miatas. Watching Round 3 at Mid-Ohio is always fun but they mentioned that the season payout is $500,000 from 1st to 10th and they have about $1,450,000 worth of Miatas on track.

Last edited:
That is not true to my understanding. They are imported stock from Japan and shipped to a business in Florida. They disassemble the car and replace over 150 parts to bring the car to race spec. The engines are the only thing sealed from the factory. Everything else is done by a third party shop.

flisperformance.com

Last edited:
That is not true to my understanding. They are imported stock from Japan and shipped to a business in Florida. They disassemble the car and replace over 150 parts to bring the car to race spec. The engines are the only thing sealed from the factory. Everything else is done by a third party shop.

flisperformance.com
On one of my many many sleepless nights a few years. I randomly chose to read the regulations for Global MX-5 Cup. At least back then Mazda was building the cars. It sounds they started outsourcing the upgrade process in the US to Flis Performance shop located in Daytona Beach, Florida. I believe there is a Japanese and European series as well. Probably were getting to many orders to build them all at their factory.

They cars start as road cars built in Hiroshima, Japan. They are transported to Flis Performance who disassembles the cars. And rebuilt into the MX-5 Cup car to it's current global specifications.

They add or change out some 250 parts. The engine, ECU, Transmission, and Differential are sealed. Doesn't specify on the website how much this process costs on top of the purchase of the original road car itself.

Last edited:
I was at the Miata Cup race at Daytona this year, Flis Performance had an entire display for their spec Miata car.

The likely answer is that Mazda has downgraded their Road to Indy and sportscar programs, so farming out the Miata Cup is also part of downsizing.

On one of my many many sleepless nights a few years. I randomly chose to read the regulations for Global MX-5 Cup. At least back then Mazda was building the cars. It sounds they started outsourcing the upgrade process in the US to Flis Performance shop located in Daytona Beach, Florida. I believe there is a Japanese and European series as well. Probably were getting to many orders to build them all at their factory.

They cars start as road cars built in Hiroshima, Japan. They are transported to Flis Performance who disassembles the cars. And rebuilt into the MX-5 Cup car to it's current global specifications.

They add or change out some 250 parts. The engine, ECU, Transmission, and Differential are sealed. Doesn't specify on the website how much this process costs on top of the purchase of the original road car itself.
Yep, that's exactly it. Any time I watch a race streamed on that popular video site, they always make sure to share how much it costs to start racing in the series. I believe it is about $40,000 on top of the original car price so roughly $80,000 for the car but tires, series registration, travel and fees can bring the total up to $100,000+ for the first season a car is ran. After that, once the car is paid off, then it's just consumables, registration fees and travel expenses.

Tonight is Monza! I will be spectating and not racing due to poison ivy on the hands.
I think you should push through the itchiness and race away. Real drivers race when not 100%. Jimmie Johnson currently has a screw in his right hand to fix a fracture. Plus in would distract you from scratching yourself.

I'd like to see a racing driver jump into a 3 layer Nomex and race for 2 hours with poison ivy. They would have it from head to toe by the time they got the suit off.

AC went out here and it's been 85-90 in the house, can't imagine sitting in a car thats 150+. Can't risk making it worse either. Starting a new job this week.

But no way would I postpone it just for me. Can't let our fans down.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a racing driver jump into a 3 layer Nomex and race for 2 hours with poison ivy. They would have it from head to toe by the time they got the suit off.

AC went out here and it's been 85-90 in the house, can't imagine sitting in a car thats 150+. Can't risk making it worse either. Starting a new job this week.

I'm sure at least one real racing driver has driven with poison ivy. I would assume they would put some medicated powder into the suit before they put it in on.

That being said you don't have to wear a fire suit. Matter fact if you live alone or rig console is a room that can secured. You don't have to wear anything and will never know. Well unless you choose to inform us. Which then that's on you.

Not sure how playing a video would make your poison ivy worse. If anything it would serve as good distraction from your itchy skin. And from the stress of starting a new job. As for the heat a portable fan is an option.

Is you won't or can't disappoint the fans. I bet you already spent all that ticket money.

Using a wheel and moving both legs, arms and hands constantly shifting about 20 times a lap irritates every joint, remember I use a wheel. Heck, just moving my hands around a DS4 make my knuckles burn and itch like hellfire. I take it you have never had poison ivy before? If you haven't, you are blessed. Been hospitalized for it. Don't wish to do that again. Getting hot or sweeting even slightly makes the oil seep out of pores and then it just spreads constantly. It can go from one spot on the body to covering half of it in a single night if you get hot or try to wrap up in something which only smears the crap around more.

Plus I'm not stressing over the new job. I'm excited. Beats cleaning Kia's for that bloodsucker people refer to as a "dealership". You can check my activity log in game. Haven't played all week except for the three laps I ran when I opened the lobby. My hands were screaming at me to stop after that third lap...still it was an awesome race to watch. Sometimes, I gotta sit myself out of the things I want to do right now so I can do things later.

Using a wheel and moving both legs, arms and hands constantly shifting about 20 times a lap irritates every joint, remember I use a wheel. Heck, just moving my hands around a DS4 make my knuckles burn and itch like hellfire. I take it you have never had poison ivy before? If you haven't, you are blessed. Been hospitalized for it. Don't wish to do that again. Getting hot or sweeting even slightly makes the oil seep out of pores and then it just spreads constantly. It can go from one spot on the body to covering half of it in a single night if you get hot or try to wrap up in something which only smears the crap around more.

Plus I'm not stressing over the new job. I'm excited. Beats cleaning Kia's for that bloodsucker people refer to as a "dealership". You can check my activity log in game. Haven't played all week except for the three laps I ran when I opened the lobby. My hands were screaming at me to stop after that third lap...still it was an awesome race to watch. Sometimes, I gotta sit myself out of the things I want to do right now so I can do things later.
I have gotten poison ivy a few times when I was a kid. Though I never a bad case. I just know I'm someone who need to keep myself distracted. So I don't scratch it and make it worse. That being said I did still recently scratch a super iitchy mosquito bit too the point it got infected.

Ricky Rudd had to tape his eyes open at Daytona from a huge wreck the day before. Richard Petty ran several races with a broken neck. There have been many instances where NASCAR drivers had terrible injuries and they raced anyways, I'm sure you wouldn't see that happen now. Someone somewhere would surely say that NASCAR drivers could get killed racing hurt so NASCAR should be canceled, kind of like how some think that everyone who goes swimming should wear a life preserver. Can't wait to see Olympic swimmer compete in life preservers, will there be an asterisk in the record books I wonder??:D:D

Ricky Rudd had to tape his eyes open at Daytona from a huge wreck the day before. Richard Petty ran several races with a broken neck. There have been many instances where NASCAR drivers had terrible injuries and they raced anyways, I'm sure you wouldn't see that happen now. Someone somewhere would surely say that NASCAR drivers could get killed racing hurt so NASCAR should be canceled, kind of like how some think that everyone who goes swimming should wear a life preserver. Can't wait to see Olympic swimmer compete in life preservers, will there be an asterisk in the record books I wonder??:D:D
Brad Keselowski won a race at Pocono the one year with a broken left ankle. The was when they were still running it as a 500 mile race. So he was probably in the car for about 4 hours. And as I mentioned earlier Jimmie Johnson is currently qualifying in the fast 12 for the Indy 500 today with a screw in his right hand after breaking it at Long Beach.

Last edited:
I'm out, either it's my internet connection, or the servers being funky after the update, but racing was nigh impossible yesterday without someone around me turning into a lag cannon every lap. Really not interested until it's stabilized.

Back