Gran Turismo 7 Will Be More Like Classic GT Titles, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 31, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

As long as being more like classic titles doesn't mean multiple almost impossible license and mission challenges, I will be very much happy.

Groot, equalitus, klondike and 18 others like this.
  3. SpeedStarGTS

SpeedStarGTS

Please don't be cross-gen -_-

Elitekilla29, Groot, brocp and 21 others like this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

Can't be imposing on the man's vision, with clauses. We get what we get - it's what the people been asking for. :scared::sly::p:lol::tup:

5. 261004

Inb4 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ‘09 following an R35 Pace Car around the Nürburgring.

6. NosOsH

NosOsH

Please just get drifting the car right. As well as being able to 'work' the car.
    And the penalty system better have machine learning implemented, ray tracing be damned.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    HarVee, GregDrou, DK and 5 others like this.
  7. Sikumatchbox

Sikumatchbox

Funny, I like it the other way around. Okay, some challenges in the 'old' games were (almost) impossible, but the missions and circuit experiences in GTsport are a way to easy. I liked the Vettel challenges for example :).

Inferno251, sesven, Kosiek and 25 others like this.
  8. NosOsH

NosOsH

I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to edit my post to add and say @Sikumatchbox

9. evldave333

evldave333

Its a relief that we're finally getting a true GT game. The question is when will it drop, it would be a good distraction right now with all thats going on... however its likely delayed because everyone is working from home these days...

10. markell007

markell007

I hope this also means selling prize cars for money again.

Hlavco, Hearse, DefNotJake and 34 others like this.
  11. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

No, I want a challenge. I want to spend days on a single license test/mission, because I want the experience to last. Easy tests get forgotten, hard ones are remembered forever.

12. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Soon (trademarked by Kaz)

kikie, GregDrou, Imari and 5 others like this.
  13. SomeGamer2021

SomeGamer2021

I know I might or not sound weird but I hope this Gran Turismo will have changeable AI difficulty and toggleable realism.

Edit: Toggleable realism in the career.

14. alphaV12

alphaV12

Nice. Finally, a real Gran Turismo. Now, the question is: when? I can wait several months, but Kaz please, says an approximate date
    Kazunori: COOMING SOON

15. DTM

DTM Premium

What isn’t really clear me. Will the FIA championship will return in GT7?

16. Auditore

Auditore

"I have never forgotten that it originated in Japan, and now I feel the responsibility and mission of inheriting the Japanese automobile culture.”

I expect no less than 30 different versions of the r34 and some obscure japanese underpowered boxes from the 90's,go nuts Kaz.

As long as they have a deal with the FIA the championships will continue,which is great because a complete gran turismo game with the bonus of the esports makes for a great game for everyone.

Attached Files:

TiMcF1, nascarfan1400, DK and 10 others like this.
  17. Baka_Marimo

Baka_Marimo Premium

I guess it's nice to hear from Kaz every now and then. I appreciate the new GT4esque menu design which I personally prefer over what they did in GT5 and 6. I hope however that the home screen from GT Sport is carried over in some form. I just love the vibe it gives off and often have the game running next to my computer just to watch it every now and then. They could make it so you would go to GT Mode just like you go to GT League in GT Sport - through a tab at the top of the screen.

I noticed a small error in the article by the way. In the third paragraph from the bottom it states that the GT7 trailer came out in July when it was in fact June.

18. Razamataz

Razamataz

Interesting to read how Kaz has recalled GT's 1-4 for a solid career mode rather than the recent PS3 instalments. GT4 was the gold standard and the trailer for GT7 clearly shows PD taking inspiration from it.

19. Haitauer

Haitauer

I have a feeling a lot of games and updates are currently postponed due to lack of availability of consoles. Companys dont want to waste the marketing and hype as most are not able to buy a console for the game..

As one lucky owner of PS5, it feels like having this piece of great hardware without things to use it for.. so i would say people dont need to feel sorry if they havent been able to buy a PS5 yet. Theres not much to miss..

20. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

Talking about inspiration by GT4, the very first shot of the trailer is of the '05 ('06?) Ford GT's interior. The car largely featured in GT4's intro and of course on the box.

If that's not a hint I dunno what is!

21. snc

snc

For many challenges in gt sport are way too easy and preferred it from 1-5 titles. I think best way is to do it like in Hamilton challenges introducing diamond time.

mastergracie, NosOsH, NAXEHT and 8 others like this.
  22. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Why not?
    Would bring more competition, expand the player base and sell more copies allowing those of us on PC in. I'd see it as a win for everybody.

llNovall and Jump_Ace like this.
  23. snc

snc

because ps4 cpu was weak even in 2013 and you can forget about dynamic time of day and weather with 20+ cars if its crossgen (also no much room for physics improvement with jaguar cpu)

Vigne, Kosiek, Guffaluff and 20 others like this.
  24. danimac

danimac

So in other words 100 different Skylines?
    Hehe. Nah I’m kidding, I honestly was not a fan of Esports for GTS but it’s grown on me and I absolutely love it. I still mainly play offline GT but occasionally jump online.

I enjoy the FIA GTC championship a lot and hope it continues in GT7 but for sure want GT7 to have a fully fledged single player not like GTS version but of the old games and hopefully it’s even better and has more customisation options.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  25. Gtsport28

Gtsport28

the only person who can tell us about gt7 says "i can't say anything" why do an interview then ????

26. MenocidiX

MenocidiX

Soon.

[​IMG]

27. Famine

Famine Administrator

Did you read the four-page interview at all? That's your answer.

"Royal purpose" seemed a bit odd to me - I couldn't translate it literally any other way (the first kanji is something like "King's Path"), so it might be a Japanese phrase which conveys something like "raison d'etre", just like how in English we'd use... well, "raison d'etre" (literally "reason of being"). So I left it how it was.

sesven, mastergracie, GTR365 and 3 others like this.
  28. zeptrans

zeptrans

The interview follows the same direction what we saw into GT7 trailer (menus).
    GT7 menus are very into GT4 spirit. GT7 is the reunification of GT Sport and Classic GT, All players will find their own pleasures.

Now, a lot of players don't have PS5 yet. And the last Fanatec article predict a 2nd half launch (2021).
    And I don't mention GT's legendary ability to push back the release date :D

So, I hope a deeper in-game trailer coming, and if GT7 launch 2nd half 2021, maybe a beta of the game (as GT Sport).

MadMax97 and GTR365 like this.
  29. Sasek

Sasek

More like GT3 & GT4, less than GT Sport will do for me.

equalitus, maxb7, ZEE and 4 others like this.
  30. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Hopefully they don’t waste time and resources trying to put it on PS4.