Gran Turismo 7 Will Be More Like Classic GT Titles, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

As long as being more like classic titles doesn't mean multiple almost impossible license and mission challenges, I will be very much happy.

Funny, I like it the other way around. Okay, some challenges in the 'old' games were (almost) impossible, but the missions and circuit experiences in GTsport are a way to easy. I liked the Vettel challenges for example :).

Nice. Finally, a real Gran Turismo. Now, the question is: when? I can wait several months, but Kaz please, says an approximate date
Kazunori: COOMING SOON

What isn’t really clear me. Will the FIA championship will return in GT7?

"I have never forgotten that it originated in Japan, and now I feel the responsibility and mission of inheriting the Japanese automobile culture.”

I expect no less than 30 different versions of the r34 and some obscure japanese underpowered boxes from the 90's,go nuts Kaz.

DTM
What isn’t really clear me. Will the FIA championship will return in GT7?

As long as they have a deal with the FIA the championships will continue,which is great because a complete gran turismo game with the bonus of the esports makes for a great game for everyone.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-31_8-50-34.png
    upload_2021-1-31_8-50-34.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I guess it's nice to hear from Kaz every now and then. I appreciate the new GT4esque menu design which I personally prefer over what they did in GT5 and 6. I hope however that the home screen from GT Sport is carried over in some form. I just love the vibe it gives off and often have the game running next to my computer just to watch it every now and then. They could make it so you would go to GT Mode just like you go to GT League in GT Sport - through a tab at the top of the screen.

I noticed a small error in the article by the way. In the third paragraph from the bottom it states that the GT7 trailer came out in July when it was in fact June.

Last edited:
Its a relief that we're finally getting a true GT game. The question is when will it drop, it would be a good distraction right now with all thats going on... however its likely delayed because everyone is working from home these days...

Nice. Finally, a real Gran Turismo. Now, the question is: when? I can wait several months, but Kaz please, says an approximate date
Kazunori: COOMING SOON

I have a feeling a lot of games and updates are currently postponed due to lack of availability of consoles. Companys dont want to waste the marketing and hype as most are not able to buy a console for the game..

As one lucky owner of PS5, it feels like having this piece of great hardware without things to use it for.. so i would say people dont need to feel sorry if they havent been able to buy a PS5 yet. Theres not much to miss..

Interesting to read how Kaz has recalled GT's 1-4 for a solid career mode rather than the recent PS3 instalments. GT4 was the gold standard and the trailer for GT7 clearly shows PD taking inspiration from it.
Talking about inspiration by GT4, the very first shot of the trailer is of the '05 ('06?) Ford GT's interior. The car largely featured in GT4's intro and of course on the box.

If that's not a hint I dunno what is!

So in other words 100 different Skylines?
Hehe. Nah I’m kidding, I honestly was not a fan of Esports for GTS but it’s grown on me and I absolutely love it. I still mainly play offline GT but occasionally jump online.

I enjoy the FIA GTC championship a lot and hope it continues in GT7 but for sure want GT7 to have a fully fledged single player not like GTS version but of the old games and hopefully it’s even better and has more customisation options.

the only person who can tell us about gt7 says "i can't say anything" why do an interview then ????
Did you read the four-page interview at all? That's your answer.

"Royal purpose" seemed a bit odd to me - I couldn't translate it literally any other way (the first kanji is something like "King's Path"), so it might be a Japanese phrase which conveys something like "raison d'etre", just like how in English we'd use... well, "raison d'etre" (literally "reason of being"). So I left it how it was.

The interview follows the same direction what we saw into GT7 trailer (menus).
GT7 menus are very into GT4 spirit. GT7 is the reunification of GT Sport and Classic GT, All players will find their own pleasures.

Now, a lot of players don't have PS5 yet. And the last Fanatec article predict a 2nd half launch (2021).
And I don't mention GT's legendary ability to push back the release date :D

So, I hope a deeper in-game trailer coming, and if GT7 launch 2nd half 2021, maybe a beta of the game (as GT Sport).

Back