Gran Turismo Sony PSP

  • Thread starter Thread starter LegacySTI
  • 54 comments
  • 3,622 views
McLaren'sAngel
Maybe there will be a way we can utilize the USB port and trasfer the GT4 data to the PSP so you can play it on a trip? That would be a nice feature.

You are onto something there. That would be an awesome feature.
 
:bowdown: :bowdown: :eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: 👍 👍 :bowdown: :bowdown:

must . convince . wife . this . is . necessary . for . me . to . live .
 
Little Wog
Lik-Sang.com Sony PSP Hands-On: First Impressions <- go there if you want to see nice clear photo's of the PSP.

the loading times don't sound good.. but everything else looks great.. so far.


[click image to see bigger]
It looks like an analogue stick to me.. or a high raised speaker..

~Çiao

I do believe under that long slot on the side it says "Memory Stick" ... I am a happy camper (: Now if we can get them to do the same with the next Playstation, I will be truely happy.
 
Why, why, why would they include an analog stick for steering and not for the throttle/brake? Yeah, I know the buttons are pressure-sensitive for modulation, but they give my thumb cramps. Put a second analog stick on the right side and I'll buy one.
 
Rezonance
Why, why, why would they include an analog stick for steering and not for the throttle/brake? Yeah, I know the buttons are pressure-sensitive for modulation, but they give my thumb cramps. Put a second analog stick on the right side and I'll buy one.

Not only that, but without a second thumbstick on the right-side there is no possible way you can play first person shooters on this thing. Not possible.
 
http://psp.ign.com/articles/560/560950p1.html

The PSP's battery life is 4 to 6 hours.

The 2 hour battery life claim is just Nintendo fanboy rhetoric, and is based on an ambiguous quote that suggested some more graphically intensive games could last less than 4 hours and the notion that "Sony lies a lot".
 
LoudMusic
Not only that, but without a second thumbstick on the right-side there is no possible way you can play first person shooters on this thing. Not possible.

Isn't there a preview of a fps game on ign psp somewhere to prove you wrong? I think so, no time to look it up now but they were pretty pleased.
 
That's really odd - how would you "look around" ? Whatever system they've come up with would have a huge learning curve, as all the other FPS games in the world either use two thumbsticks or a mouse.

I'll search.

EDIT:

Yup, found nothing I know to be an FPS. There were several things that are first person but they're not really the same style as a first person shooter. You wouldn't have to look up and down necessarily, so one analog stick would work. Then use another button to switch it to 'look around' mode.
 
Hmm...I think I would actually switch some things around and put the analog on the other side of the PSP.

Then you could use the D-Pad and Analog. Also, I'm guessing in that pic of the side the little hole there is for headphones, and the thing next to it is for something like a USB? Or something like that?

And the idea of GT4 transfering would be awesome. I don't know how'd play though without a GT4 disc inside, and we've all seen how big the PSP discs are.
 
Anyone know when the Sony PSP is coming out especially here in the UK?????
 
usernamed
Just finished my google search and found out that they can carry about 1.8 Gigs. Which is pretty minor...This is supposed to be the "new dvd" but it carries only around a tenth of a dual layered dvd.

No, it's simply a new disc format they developed for the PSP. The "new DVD" will either be the Blu-Ray format, or the HD-DVD format...I'm leaning towards HD-DVD sadly...just because of the support from the movie biz...but Blu-Ray is without a doubt the superior format.
 
tha_con
No, it's simply a new disc format they developed for the PSP. The "new DVD" will either be the Blu-Ray format, or the HD-DVD format...I'm leaning towards HD-DVD sadly...just because of the support from the movie biz...but Blu-Ray is without a doubt the superior format.

i think the real reason to back up HD-DVD is because the transition would be nearly seamless and cheaper. but then again people would be more "impressed" with bluray from a technology point of view... either way it goes, it will be more than enough for HD-DVD.
 
RedOak
2hours worth of battery time... that thing sucks ass.

Bull****!

I suggest you visit this site and check out their "battery journal" showing you get about 5-7 hours out of a single charge which I think is bloody brilliant with a great power consuming screen like that and PS2 hardware.

Get your facts instead of pulling them out of somewhere :)
 
The battery life depends on what you do. It's been reported that playing a game like Ridge Racers only gets about 3hr play time
 
The price now in Japan is $185 for the Value Pack.
That price is expected to drop in the States.
 
spooony
The battery life depends on what you do. It's been reported that playing a game like Ridge Racers only gets about 3hr play time

It appears I forgot to add the link in my previous post

http://psp.ign.com/?fromint=1

Check their battery journal, they got 5 hours and 45 minutes out of it one time with playing and listening to mp3s (5 hours play 45 mins mp3)

In the second test they only played mp3s with a little playtime and they got 7 hours out of it.
 
McLaren F1GTR

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know when it will be out in the shops? Is it out in Japan yet?
 
Its out in Japan, christ knows when its out here in Europe, oh and about first person shooters using 2 anolouge sticks, did you never play goldeneye on N64?
 
I've done it. I have shopped around, and a Japanese Game Shop told me they should have Gran Turismo editions in soon. He told me that I can pre-order one and have it shipped to me.

Well guess what!?
 
Well folks, my Sony PSP review is up..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52385

psp_t_6-vi.jpg


Ridge Racer PSP rocks.. For all those wondering about the thumb-size button that looks like a speaker.. no it is the analog stick. It works good, pretty good placement. The speakers actually are behind the unit on the bottom.

There's so many buttons on the PSP, volume up/down, select/start... and a bunch of latches and switches to open or lock door or pop out memorystick.. This is not for kids under 12, I can imagine kids can easily break this unit because of all the things that can be switched.

Ridge Racer PSP is awesome, if you look closer, the graphics are pretty much on-par with GT3, the 16:9 screen is great for racing game.. I wish GT4 for PSP can come out sooner.
 
Back