Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
New layouts of tokyo were clear disappointment for me, or actually i didnt expect much. It's just weird that other racing games has larger track selection, but we get very minimal updates. How is it possible GTS has around 30 % of track selection compared to GT6.

I would say they did not have enough time to upgrade all the track from GT6 to the current standards. Remember that many of the GT6 track were very low quality GT4 upscaled versions of them.

New layouts of tokyo were clear disappointment for me, or actually i didnt expect much. It's just weird that other racing games has larger track selection, but we get very minimal updates. How is it possible GTS has around 30 % of track selection compared to GT6.
Because instead of having a big quantity of low-quality ported tracks from GT4, Polyphony is providing redone PS4 quality racetracks that are being added every/every other month. I guarantee that's why Grand Valley, Trial Mountain etc haven't returned yet. They're being re-done.

I usually forego tracks that I don't know well or that I am not to eager to drive on until the circuit experience becomes available.

Now, Barcelona was part of my very first racing game (Microprose Grand Prix), yet it was the original layout for the last sector (F1 season 1991).
Just completed the circuit experience and ugggh, what happened to that last part of the track? I was never a fan, but that weird Micky Mousey layout makes it worse. I'd rather race GT3 cars at Tsukuba...

Not the fault of the update though.

I have been grinding for the past two days, for probably a total of sixteen hours, using a slightly modified GT40 (N400) (that I won from the daily marathon) against "professional" Gr.4 vehicles. I still don't have enough money to buy all of the cars. I only earned about 5,250,000 credits.

Dang, I want the P1 GTR so bad. It was absolutely wonderful on Driveclub. So what is everyone's opinion on the vehicles? (Not in general... are they good in the game?) Is the McLaren P1 GTR worth over 3.5 million credits?

I know for a fact I'll be purchasing the second gen stingray. That car is amazing. Had one on GT6 with probably 20,000 miles on it. Did a lot of cruising those days. Not so much now, as I like to create custom endurance races on GTS.

Anyway, so what's the verdict? Should I buy all of the cars? Does the game simulate them well? (Sounds, handling, graphical quality...) I'm not picky by any means. Just want some opinions.

Thank you all! Enjoy the update!

I think with 5 mil. plus you're about 90% of the way to getting all the cars... just buy whatever you want most first, enjoy some custom races and then get the rest... its not like as if there's $20 mil. cars this month.

Apparently an SSD solves all those copying problems? I didnt even notice mine doing it now...
Kinda but not worth the far smaller size imho considering I mostly record videos there.

Or if the SSD has huge storage space it'll cost a fortune.

I absolutely love the new track especially at night is something magical :rolleyes:, I do not understand all this hate about it !

Gran-Turismo-Sport-Tokyo-Expressway-South-Outer-Loop-02.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport-Tokyo-Expressway-South-Inner-Loop-02-800x450.jpg

If anyone got the 40GB update instead, cancel and delete that download, then check update on the GTSport icon.

Try resuming the update if it come out error. Repeat if it still downloaded 40GB. If it still downloading the 40GB update for the third time you did above then your game data might be corrupted.

The only disappointment for me in this update is the GT League events: no use for recently added Gr.X track weapons, M3 not eligible in Premium Sports because it costs 93k (like, was it that hard to add 7k to the price?) and Tokyo race for a Mercedes F1... ye, that's gonna be a pain in the...

Other than that, update is one of the best for me content-wise. Cool cars and new Tokyo layout is actually decent for time-trials

I like Tesla, what I don't like is Gr.X classification, that is not experimental car, or prototype, or whatever... it's production car like any other... They need to stop bashing all cars in Gr.X and make a proper BoP (or PP) system...
In GTS, Tesla can run forever without refueling. All Gr.1-4 or Nx00 cars can refuel.

P1 GTR is hitting 265 mph? on the no chicane Circuit de la Sarthe.

p1 gtr is electronically limited to 217 :lol:

The Real Driving Simulator!

I spent more time installing the update than playing it!

Sounds still suck (F50 sounds like an old Datsun)
Tyre model sucks (lack of longitudinal grip in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear)
OTT spin outs
Game still wants to reset your car when you're off track for a couple of seconds
Earn rate for credits is poor vs. what costs to acquire certain cars
Chase the rabbit model still prevalent offline - it doesn't matter what you're racing, you'll catch them in the final lap or two
Online racing is dirty, horrible penalty system, clunky crash model
Where's the proper clutch engagement?
Where's the proper steering angles when using a wheel?
Where's the function to turn your headlights at will so you can actually see your dashboard gauges?
Weather, time of day still non-existent
Cars with unrealistic torque curves resulting in higher speeds in sections of track vs. reality
Incorrect gearing in cars (F40, 22B)

I guess the game load times are pretty good though compared to other games.....

P1 GTR is hitting 265 mph? on the no chicane Circuit de la Sarthe.

p1 gtr is electronically limited to 217 :lol:

Without the electronic speed limiter, the P1 or the P1 GTR is said to go to speeds beyond anything, perhaps maybe faster than McLaren F1 territory.

Polyphony made the McLaren P1 GTR one hell of a beast. One can only imagine what speed the road-going version could reach (if it does come too, and with Racing: Super Soft tires, with the setup barely even touched). It may have 83hp less but it has far less drag, allowing for an even more insane top speed...

Oh well, Polyphony's aerodynamics physics at its finest...

(The McLaren P1 GTR even has similar downforce values to an average Gr. 3 car.)

And on another note, on the Nurburgring, the Tesla can even lap the Nordschleife faster than the 2017 Alpine A110.

I don't understand why some people Always need to complain about the free content we get.

I don't Always Love every car they add to the game but i have to see the big picture. We all have diffrent car tastes.

As far as i can see this is a great update
Feature some brand new cars to the series like the mclaren P1 gtr and Ferrari f50 and still people complain about it. No thats not cars i wanted stuff like that.

We got Ferrari f40 and Chevrolet Corvette C3
Last christmas update.
Now we have the Ferrari f50 and Corvette c2.
About time we got another Corvette. Hope they can bring more of them next year.

However great christmas update intrested in how they new Tokyo layouts are

Back