Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/11/20/playstation-vr-sony-talks-frame-rate/
Minimum frame rate for VR is 60fps constantly but Sony pushing developers to make game running in 90fps for smooth play. That give me concert that PD may be targeting 90fps and graphic maybe not much better than GTsport trailer (witch look like GT6 promo treilers and am ok with that), on other hand that make me pleased because FPS will be minimum 60fps, and hope that there wont be screen tearing...

GTS looks much better than trailers of GT6

GTS will turn probably 1080p/60fps. And in VR, it will turn in more than 60fps - maybe with a AA less effective ? -.

For 3D, GT6 runs in 720p instead of 1080p, without AA

From what I've read, PS VR uses reprojection to double the frame rate by adding interpolated frames and targets 120Hz for games developed for it. Original input frames are still 60 per sec, so for GT the target should be the same for VR and non VR output.

Games that target 30 fps will face a graphical downgrade to achieve minimum 60 fps.

IMO 90 fps rendered natively is just too much for the PS4 to handle, the games will look more like last gen than this gen.

From what I've read, PS VR uses reprojection to double the frame rate by adding interpolated frames and targets 120Hz for games developed for it. Original input frames are still 60 per sec, so for GT the target should be the same for VR and non VR output.

Games that target 30 fps will face a graphical downgrade to achieve minimum 60 fps.

IMO 90 fps rendered natively is just too much for the PS4 to handle, the games will look more like last gen than this gen.

The other problem with 90fps is that most display units that aren't VR won't actually use that extra 30fps.

So as a designer, you're faced with the choice of having a full bells-and-whistles mode @ 60fps, and a cut down version @ 90fps for VR. Or just having the 90fps version, and knowing that for your ordinary TV player your game could have looked a lot better.

Neither is optimal, two modes is extra work and if there's a big difference between the graphical quality of the 60 and 90fps versions people will likely be unimpressed. And having a single worse looking version isn't going to help them compete with the likes of Forza and pCARS in the graphical stakes.

I agree, I think they have to be aiming for 60 with reprojection. Anything else is too large of a compromise for too little gain.

I honestly can't wait for the people telling me not to get excited, it's really the only sure thing.

I must say, I anticipate the PlayStation Experience event with utmost excitement.

Whilst I was intrigued with the initial reveal Polyphony Digital graced upon us back in Paris, there was a distinctive lack of information present regarding the upcoming title that sent an initial shock-wave of bewildering confusion.

We're all eager to hear more about Gran Turismo Sport, and I trust that Polyphony will embrace such an opportunity to enlighten us on the most prominent aspects of their upcoming release.

I wait with anticipation.

As someone who hasn't played GT6, I must say that I'm a little hyped for this. One of the main reasons is that I'm more than sure that there won't be any standard cars in the game. Hopefully the quality will be consistent this time around.

Do people assume that all current premium cars will be available in GTS/GT7? From my understanding they were made with the old method of using textures, normal maps and specular, and seeing the industry switching to PBR this effectively makes them all unusable if PD follows suit. The mesh of course can still be used but all textures have to be thrown away and redone with proper materials. Does PD have enough manpower to convert all assets into PBR compatible ones? Only time will tell, I wouldn't expect it personally.
This includes all tracks as well.

...Soooo, I ran into this while browsing IGN. Dunno how legit it is however.

Y8ZEkvaNSteLA2DCJ0g6_Wh3bxElrSAmpPABLQxCc_4TWMNWLP8VHL.jpg

Spot that one title among these awesome games?

Well I think there is more chance of Zombie Hitler returning to start WW3 than GTS not being showcased at this event, it's basically a foregone conclusion it will.

All these weak looking games. I see like 3 games that look like i would enjoy. Anyway hopefully GTS is there. This is a hint.

GTS will be at PSX 100%. We'll have beta in early 2016 and PSX is the best place for PD to give us information and gameplay videos/demos.
Though that IGN pic isnt accurate for one thing: Deep Down! Chances of announcing God of War IV is a lot more than new Deep Down trailer! :D

GTS will be at PSX 100%. We'll have beta in early 2016 and PSX is the best place for PD to give us information and gameplay videos/demos.
Though that IGN pic isnt accurate for one thing: Deep Down! Chances of announcing God of War IV is a lot more than new Deep Down trailer! :D

I really hope so. Doesn't PD realize that people are curious to see more. All i gotta say is that if it's not at PSX then bad move on pd (once again) and on sony. Maybe if not gameplay then hopefully a second trailer showing off way more then the first would be nice.

I really hope so. Doesn't PD realize that people are curious to see more. All i gotta say is that if it's not at PSX then bad move on pd (once again) and on sony. Maybe if not gameplay then hopefully a second trailer showing off way more then the first would be nice.
I wouldn't worry too much. The chances of PD showing the game are very very likely, almost certainly.

It would satisfy me a lot if they let us hear the sounds they've been working on. I've been dying to hear them

I wont be home for weekend, am going to my girlfriend (she lives in other city)... I hoped to watch live stream just like PGW, but that wont be case... Can wait for news! :)

Finally Fat Princess Adventures!

In all seriousness, if rumors are true about this sequel ditching the multiplayer I will cringe so hard.

Back