Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
.... How many games you play at the same time?
You know you can delete games you dont play, and download them again if you want to re-play them in the future?

PS Plus games have been getting good lately so my digital library has been expanding. My bandwidth is only 200 GB a month, so re downloading stuff is out of the question.

Doesn't help that games like BF1 are a million GB because of DLC that I can't even use.

I wouldn't assume that, past GT titles have lumped the Dirt and Snow tracks into one catagory, and none of those had snow versions of the dirt tracks.

It will certainly be interesting if GTS does have a snowy 'ring, as it will make for interesting comparisons to PCars 2's version.

For actual comparison we would need to see ANY pCARS2 footage, on any console, of any type of racing - yet! That game is getting to "gold phase" in couple of weeks... I can not preorder it, like I did first one, with absolutely zero console gameplay or serious footage.

THEN it would be great, preordering and comparing both games :)

For actual comparison we would need to see ANY pCARS2 footage, on any console, of any type of racing - yet! That game is getting to "gold phase" in couple of weeks... I can not preorder it, like I did first one, with absolutely zero console gameplay or serious footage.

Now aside from my post quite obviously being about future comparisons (unless the 'ring with snow in GTS has been confirmed and footage shown since my post), the following took 30 seconds to find via google.

Either you haven't tried looking, or you're purposely avoiding it. Either way, there isn't a lack of footage for the game.

Thank you, good to know it is not zero footage on PS4.

Unfortunately this only emphasizes my worries. It is not zero footage as I feard, but it is close to that...
You are, with great reasons, great fan of pCARS2 and PS4 and yet you had to google. Also, is it ok to ask how many, SINCE E3, new videos from PC have appeared and how many from consoles, since E3?

We have mighty fine support for pCARS2 on this very forum, and you know this forum inside-out being moderator - and you are great supporter of pCARS2 with great reasons to be - yet, there was nothing in this forum for you to fall on, but google.

Unfortunately this only emphasizes my worries. It is not zero footage as I feard, but it is close to that...
You are, with great reasons, great fan of pCARS2 and PS4 and yet you had to google. Also, is it ok to ask how many, SINCE E3, new videos from PC have appeared and how many from consoles, since E3?

We have mighty fine support for pCARS2 on this very forum, and you know this forum inside-out being moderator - and you are great supporter of pCARS2 with great reasons to be - yet, there was nothing in this forum for you to fall on, but google.
That's rather assumptive of you to say the least.

I used google because its a quick and easy tool to you for youtube searches and provides links that require no editing to embed in posts at GT Planet.

I would have done the same regardless of the title I was searching for.

Don't however let that bias bite you on the arse, given that you want to now quite clearly change the focus having been rather wrong in regard to both your assumptions.

Link 1
Looks to be a mix of the three, the first one being Xbox One, but there isn't going to be differences between the two.

Link 2
Same story

Link 3

Link 4

There are many, many more, however you can tell you're putting a lot of effort into not noticing these videos that are very easy to come by. I also have to google GTS videos too, as everything gets lost in this forum, but that is just irrelevant as you pretending that videos aren't around.

Google is the easiest way to sift through and find literally anything quickly compared to this forum. You do not have to dig, you do not have to read through pages, you don't have to go through multiples of the same video that everyone keeps posting.

Link 1
Looks to be a mix of the three, the first one being Xbox One, but there isn't going to be differences between the two.

Link 2
Same story

Link 3

Link 4

There are many, many more, however you can tell you're putting a lot of effort into not noticing these videos that are very easy to come by. I also have to google GTS videos too, as everything gets lost in this forum, but that is just irrelevant as you pretending that videos aren't around.

Google is the easiest way to sift through and find literally anything quickly compared to this forum. You do not have to dig, you do not have to read through pages, you don't have to go through multiples of the same video that everyone keeps posting.
The dev livestreams also seem to be using the Xbox for the gamepad demos as well.

The dev livestreams also seem to be using the Xbox for the gamepad demos as well.

Rather asumptive as well? This gen if it isn't explicitly stated to be xbox (when ever it is they do state that, either because they don't want people to think it's PC or to point out rare occasion when they are not afraid to show xbox version) then it's PC showcasing controller gameplay.

Would love to se more console footage of after E3 builds thank you in advance when you (or someone else) bring them!

Rather asumptive as well? This gen if it isn't explicitly stated to be xbox (when ever it is they do state that, either because they don't want people to think it's PC or to point out rare occasion when they are not afraid to show xbox version) then it's PC showcasing controller gameplay.

Would love to se more console footage of after E3 builds thank you in advance when you (or someone else) bring them!
The screens quite literally are showing the XBox icons for navigation.

2017-08-15_20-05-00.jpg

I said seems to be because it could be an Xbox build running via a dev console, and I can't physically see the machine.

Oh and the post above your has links to post E3 footage.

All of which is a moot point, the footage exists, for a multiple of builds, across a range of platforms, both from E3 and after. That the majority are from PC should only surprise the terminally confused given that the close public testing has been on that platform and they have recently given the OK for those testing it to share content.

Are you seriously expecting the same degree of PS4 footage as that from a single platform title?

Last edited:
The screens quite literally are showing the XBox icons for navigation.

View attachment 667073

I said seems to be because it could be an Xbox build running via a dev console, and I can't physically see the machine.

Oh and the post above your has links to post E3 footage.

All of which is a moot point, the footage exists, for a multiple of builds, across a range of platforms, both from E3 and after. That the majority are from PC should only surprise the terminally confused given that the close public testing has been on that platform and they have recently given the OK for those testing it to share content.

Are you seriously expecting the same degree of PS4 footage as that from a single platform title?
The xbox buttons do not mean anything because all pc games use the xbox pad base, if you want to prove that it's the xbox version, it's not enough proof.

The xbox buttons do not mean anything because all pc games use the xbox pad base, if you want to prove that it's the xbox version, it's not enough proof.
Which is why I said it seems to be!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Its rather fun to see exactly how much the goalposts on this one have moved, from no console footage exists, to only one bit and that was hard for you to find (which it wasn't) to not enough exists in comparison to GT (and that one I can see going on forever). All around a point that wasn't even about a here and now comparison!

Its like playing chess with pigeons!

Last edited:
I'd love to see snow at the Nurburgring, would be a lot of fun. :) But we're definately getting a snow track or indeed a weather type if they go that route. Snow tyres were in the beta, there's no reason for them to exist if they're not planning on including snow.

No, it's just in the category Dirt / Snow. Doesn't mean there will be a snow version of Colorado Springs. It does however confirm that there will be a snow track in that category as well, otherwise the category would just be called Dirt circuit.
AHHH! I didn't recall seeing snow tires. All right, then. I'm happy to hear (remember) that. Dirt and wet tires, I do remember. :lol: People had to make use of intermediates for drifting.

I wouldn't assume that, past GT titles have lumped the Dirt and Snow tracks into one catagory, and none of those had snow versions of the dirt tracks.

It will certainly be interesting if GTS does have a snowy 'ring, as it will make for interesting comparisons to PCars 2's version.

You have no idea how delighted I am to see that in PC2. I bought into the PC1 beta, but I couldn't get into it. It's a combination of the physics, my computer being built 7 years ago and never being upgraded, and how inaccessible the whole experience feels.

Just like FM6, I gotta give PC1 another try. Steering wheel configuration was hit-or-miss with PCars, even after looking into it. Gotta do some research again.

Edit -

:( Oh, how I miss you.

Last edited:
AHHH! I didn't recall seeing snow tires. All right, then. I'm happy to hear (remember) that. Dirt and wet tires, I do remember. :lol: People had to make use of intermediates for drifting.

You have no idea how delighted I am to see that in PC2. I bought into the PC1 beta, but I couldn't get into it. It's a combination of the physics, my computer being built 7 years ago and never being upgraded, and how inaccessible the whole experience feels.

Just like FM6, I gotta give PC1 another try. Steering wheel configuration was hit-or-miss with PCars, even after looking into it. Gotta do some research again.
Off topic, but this is the single best resource for P Cars wheel set-ups.

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

About the lack of PS4's footage of PCars 2, i remenber that the firat game was the same. Especially because of the early acess donators from kick start...

From what i've seen, it looks really good on PS4.

So IGN Middle East posted this

Which is your favourite racing game?

Now I remember back in GT5 days and before that they were fans of GT over here in the gulf states.

Nowadays? Not a single person apart from me mention GT...at all.

It's ether Forza (I assume the Horizon ones) or NFS, with the few going "I miss MNC" Or "Mario Kart".

---
I'm fact it seems that the only reason why players will ever buy Xbox over here is because of Forza only to threw it away couple weeks later. I mean I still hear people going "Why they never get something like that on the PS4?" And such.

At this point, Arabic translation support for GT Sport wouldn't even help increase the sales in the middle eastern markets at all. Unless they go with the classic old GT form with the inclusions of classic modes and fan favourite cars or even a Horizon type of spin off then GT Sport would be forgotten here.

Cug64x3WgAAw-L4.jpg

So IGN Middle East posted this

Which is your favourite racing game?

Now I remember back in GT5 days and before that they were fans of GT over here in the gulf states.

Nowadays? Not a single person apart from me mention GT...at all.

It's ether Forza (I assume the Horizon ones) or NFS, with the few going "I miss MNC" Or "Mario Kart".

---
I'm fact it seems that the only reason why players will ever buy Xbox over here is because of Forza only to threw it away couple weeks later. I mean I still hear people going "Why they never get something like that on the PS4?" And such.

At this point, Arabic translation support for GT Sport wouldn't even help increase the sales in the middle eastern markets at all. Unless they go with the classic old GT form with the inclusions of classic modes and fan favourite cars or even a Horizon type of spin off then GT Sport would be forgotten here.

Cug64x3WgAAw-L4.jpg

Why should they put games on the list that are not out yet?
All the games on the list are allready out

Why should they put games on the list that are not out yet?
All the games on the list are allready out
Nope...it was a general question rather than a selection. It had nothing to do with which game is better.

Some people said midnight club and other said Mario kart but the majority said Forza or Need For speed.

Back