Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
So IGN Middle East posted this

Which is your favourite racing game?

Now I remember back in GT5 days and before that they were fans of GT over here in the gulf states.

Nowadays? Not a single person apart from me mention GT...at all.

It's ether Forza (I assume the Horizon ones) or NFS, with the few going "I miss MNC" Or "Mario Kart".

---
I'm fact it seems that the only reason why players will ever buy Xbox over here is because of Forza only to threw it away couple weeks later. I mean I still hear people going "Why they never get something like that on the PS4?" And such.

At this point, Arabic translation support for GT Sport wouldn't even help increase the sales in the middle eastern markets at all. Unless they go with the classic old GT form with the inclusions of classic modes and fan favourite cars or even a Horizon type of spin off then GT Sport would be forgotten here.

Cug64x3WgAAw-L4.jpg

Nope...it was a general question rather than a selection. It had nothing to do with which game is better.

Some people said midnight club and other said Mario kart but the majority said Forza or Need For speed.
This list is of games 1-2 years old. When all the new games release they'll probably be a new list, then this will at least be relevant to the thread. The only games I hear people talking about are GTS, Forza 7, and Pcars2, to be honest, and if anything, I think we hear about GTS more than the rest.

At this point in time, I have interest in all three. Which one is the best is a question that can't be answered yet.

This list is of games 1-2 years old. When all the new games release they'll probably be a new list, then this will at least be relevant to the thread. The only games I hear people talking about are GTS, Forza 7, and Pcars2, to be honest, and if anything, I think we hear about GTS more than the rest.

At this point in time, I have interest in all three. Which one is the best is a question that can't be answered yet.
They were talking about their favorite racing games series, not the favorite recent released games. Ignore the image, People mentioned NFS and Midnight Club because they love racing cars and playing it like everyone else around the world.

Forza players in the middle east on the other hand:
(NSFW and also Cringe Alert)

Where's GT in the comment list? No where. Project cars, F1 201X and Dirt series? No one even knows it exists.

I checked PS Middle East and everyone they mention GT, they go "who's the idiot that's going to buy this ****** boring game when you got Forza with every sort of cars you will dream of" type of comments. It doesn't matter anyways since our market are considered small and different than the rest of the world but still, it means that I have to race people who lives far away from me and therefore ruining the game play.

They were talking about their favorite racing games series, not the favorite recent released games. Ignore the image, People mentioned NFS and Midnight Club because they love racing cars and playing it like everyone else around the world.

Forza players in the middle east on the other hand:
(NSFW and also Cringe Alert)

Where's GT in the comment list? No where. Project cars, F1 201X and Dirt series? No one even knows it exists.

I checked PS Middle East and everyone they mention GT, they go "who's the idiot that's going to buy this ****** boring game when you got Forza with every sort of cars you will dream of" type of comments. It doesn't matter anyways since our market are considered small and different than the rest of the world but still, it means that I have to race people who lives far away from me and therefore ruining the game play.

I can race with people at the East Coast of the United states with not to many issues concerning latency. If I can do that within 3000 miles, than hopefully you can too.

You will find coments like those everywhere, not just in ME
Don't worry about it

I can race with people at the East Coast of the United states with not to many issues concerning latency. If I can do that within 3000 miles, than hopefully you can too.
My experience with most online games says otherwise. GT Sport beta online was okay-ish for me but far from being smooth. 200+ ping with US players = bad.

The only games that worked for me well were CSGO and Rocket League but that's because they were servers in dubai.

You will find coments like those everywhere, not just in ME
Don't worry about it
But I never see anyone even praise the game or the series at all. Commens on Forza related things was like "Bro can you add *insert X car* and "awesome". There weren't any "forza is not a sim, GT is better" BS comments. People are one sided.

But I never see anyone even praise the game or the series at all. Commens on Forza related things was like "Bro can you add *insert X car* and "awesome". There weren't any "forza is not a sim, GT is better" BS comments. People are one sided.
Not every GT fan is commenting on the internet so in my opinion don't worry about it

My experience with most online games says otherwise. GT Sport beta online was okay-ish for me but far from being smooth. 200+ ping with US players = bad.

The only games that worked for me well were CSGO and Rocket League but that's because they were servers in dubai.
GTSport also had a very limited beta. With a wider range of people ranging all over the world when the actual game comes out, hopefully it'll be better for you.

Places like that are cesspits of the internet. Don't expect much of anything positive. However, you're literally on a site dedicated to the very game that is constantly posting in praise and positives for it. So I don't say I agree with you, especially because of the fact that that sentiment actually does get posted a lot on many area's of the internet. It happens to both games anyways, so I wouldn't hold onto much concerning that.

I imagine this type of thing will become more common after GTSport's release. The mood surrounding the game feels like a polar opposite compared to how it was for GT5.

Now this is something I find odd. Why did PD make up a Gr.4 Aston Martin Vantage when a real GT4 Aston Martin Vantage exists?
aston-martin-v8-vantage-gr-4-png.665360

----
Also, I'm sticking with my theory that PD is going to port every premium car from GT6 to GTSport for DLC in order to get to the 500 car count that Kaz said would happen.

Now this is something I find odd. Why did PD make up a Gr.4 Aston Martin Vantage when a real GT4 Aston Martin Vantage exists?

----
Also, I'm sticking with my theory that PD is going to port every premium car from GT6 to GTSport for DLC in order to get to the 500 car count that Kaz said would happen.
From what I have noticed, the car is essentially the actual GT4 car, down to the rear wing, it could be for licensing that they didn't call it the Aston GT4. (Who knows, maybe the release version will be called a GT4)

I was reading GTP's track list and it reeks of Sony pushing an October deadline on Kaz and his team. All of these no-name fantasy tracks with uninteresting layouts must have been much easier to develop in a time constraint.

I feel like PD is going to treat GT Sport as a service and roll out much more content over the rest of the PS4's lifetime, so I'm staying optimistic for more iconic tracks to reveal themselves over time like the suprises we had in GT6.

Last edited:
I was reading GTP's track list and it reeks of Sony pushing an October deadline on Kaz and his team. All of these no-name fantasy tracks with uninteresting layouts must have been much easier to develop in a time constraint.

I feel like PD is going to treat GT Sport as a service and roll out much more content over the rest of the PS4's lifetime, so I'm staying optimistic for more iconic tracks to reveal themselves over time like the suprises we had in GT6.

They better.

With GT Sport about to go on the market, we should see a revitalization of the GT Vision project where this was in development.

Tesla_vision_gt.jpg

Respect to Tesla for the whole electric thing, but god, that car is deeply stupid looking.
Like a 10yr old boy in the 1950's dreaming of the future.

----
If I had to guess, I'd say they didn't have appropriate access to a real version of the GT4 car, so they chose to make their own without having to stick to every detail of the real car.

They're basically cutting corners by doing this.

With GT Sport about to go on the market, we should see a revitalization of the GT Vision project where this was in development.

Tesla_vision_gt.jpg
This is my first time seeing the FULL car. Looks pretty good to me. Now wondering what the Jordan and Nike VGT's will look like.

Respect to Tesla for the whole electric thing, but god, that car is deeply stupid looking.
Like a 10yr old boy in the 1950's dreaming of the future.

You know its a sketch that likely isn't final, right? the BMW VGT ended up not looking anything like the sketch first shown.

Back