Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
For a livery to be used in the sport mode daily races, the race setup has to allow the user to choose “car from garage”.

It has been a while since I raced a daily though...

The FIA race was a one make, same as the dailys so it’s not that.
You might be right mate.
I'm just putting forward a theory.

But the last FIA One Make l saw was last season in the MX5.
And even though that was a One Make race in N100, BoP was still applied.
Therefore you can use your own Garage car (with livery) but everyone has the same settings on their car.
(Not just power/weight, but suspension, gearing, etc)

For whatever reason, PD seem to like to run the cars in Dailys as standard. (no BoP)
So there is no way to control settings changes if people use a car from their garage, hence the "specially provided car".

Whether that's actually the case or not l don't know.

*Edit.
Actually, thinking about it, the MX5 is probably N200?
So that may be a bad example.
I'll poke my nose in the WRX event coming up and take a closer look.

My theory could be poop.

Last edited:
Is the 911 the best GT3 car??

Why is the ps4’s Uploading share feature such a crock of ****? Trying to upload a replay is a nightmare.... first I make sure it’s no more than 15mins long, only for it to have saved only 14:20 of it... now it’s only deciding to record the last 1:20 of it...

Last edited:
I came 3rd in the oval track daily race

But my SR dropped from B to C because ******* would keep sandwiching me and essentially play bumper cars. It was like I was playing GTA Online races!

I just want my SR back :banghead:

I think I'm done with all the circular raceways like BB raceway because it's always a huge mess!

I came 3rd in the oval track daily race

But my SR dropped from B to C because ******* would keep sandwiching me and essentially play bumper cars. It was like I was playing GTA Online races!

I just want my SR back :banghead:

I think I'm done with all the circular raceways like BB raceway because it's always a huge mess!
My SR has taken a hit recently. I never have aggressive intent in races, and I mean never, but sometimes you have to position yourself to stop someone from ramming or easing you off the track, and still make contact. So I feel I am driving cleanly but if I want to hold position in races I have to put my car on the line sometimes. I had four races yesterday which I would consider clean but in reality there was a lot of contact due to my rivals' behaviour and so my SR only went up from C to B.

Is anybody having an issue were car engine sounds drop out when racing on the Nurburgring, it hasn’t happened to me on other tracks just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I had this happen when I drove the i3. I assumed it happened whilst the car was topping out its rev range, but maybe it's a track issue.

Has anyone else got to race themselves? In a mission race one of the other drivers was me - my real name. Is this just a weird coincidence or is the game accessing my PSN account to get my real name and occasionally assigning it to one of the AI in order to freak me out?

I just got in the game & saw the maintenance notice for tomorrow!! Let it be the update :)

Same as every Wednesday, If PD were going to release it this week they would have let people know a specific date by now, Which they have not.

Edit: Just got an ingame notification (Time now 10PM)
Says maintenance in 6 hours

The scheduled maintenance is planned for between 5-7AM which in my calculations is not 6 hours from now.

Last edited:
can some

ten hours of unmoving sun and same dry track conditions as the starting lap? Might be a bad move tbh

Yeah but the 60fps tho !!! anyway I hope they find away could add the weather system in the game and run it 60fps with no bug glitches when it running in the future.

Question.
So I am currently over 19 hours into a 24 hour single player custom race. With the maintenance in under 3 hours now, am I screwed in terms of saving when done?
endurance.jpg

Question.
So I am currently over 19 hours into a 24 hour single player custom race. With the maintenance in under 3 hours now, am I screwed in terms of saving when done?

As long as you keep the game open you should be fine, saving resumes when the servers come back online. ... usually

Quite the achievement! 👍

I've only won 19 online races so far. But out of 40-ish I can't complain. :P

Will get there eventually. :lol:
I have 20 wins in Sport Mode, and probably I've started way more than 40...
Also, I hope the we get the new cars after today's maintenance or I'll be damned.

Back