Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Graphics not incredible? Haha this is getting so old........ your playing on a old school tv or with your eyes closed?

Dude come on......
I'll be one to always say it looks nice but doesn't look right. For me it's a squint test. If I can watch decent quality footage with my eyes slightly squinting and it looks like/is close enough real life then it's good enough for me. Project Cars 2 does this very well and Assetto Corsa is not far behind but it usually looks "stale" or lifeless. GTSport is just too bright with all it's colors and to me it's not realistic but more cartoonish in nature. More like.... I don't know.... a VIDEO GAME instead of trying to simulate real life, maybe?

For what they are aiming to accomplish PD is doing well but they're funneling themselves into a niche that is likely to diminsh over the coming years what with racing simulators getting better and better and more available to console users.

How can I see my car driving in those scape scenes? I've seen that in some gameplays but not in my game yet.
I think thats an option while buying a car? You can choose between it spinning around on the grey background (classic/standard) or have it set to "dynamic" or something and it shows it pulling up to the screen through a few scapes.

So, It's been a while since I've commented on GT Planet. In regards to the new update, it looks great. I don't have GTS but form watching videos on each of the cars, they sound and look beautiful. I haven't seen much of GT Mode but I do like the fact that they added in some GT2 music.

I think thats an option while buying a car? You can choose between it spinning around on the grey background (classic/standard) or have it set to "dynamic" or something and it shows it pulling up to the screen through a few scapes.
That's true as well but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

Another question, how the hell do I apply the livery and wheels I see in Livery Editor? Currently I'm trying to apply new rims but it stays original after I return from the Editor. I did create new livery and I saved it (I didn't upload it). This should be easier.

I'll be one to always say it looks nice but doesn't look right. For me it's a squint test. If I can watch decent quality footage with my eyes slightly squinting and it looks like/is close enough real life then it's good enough for me. Project Cars 2 does this very well and Assetto Corsa is not far behind but it usually looks "stale" or lifeless. GTSport is just too bright with all it's colors and to me it's not realistic but more cartoonish in nature. More like.... I don't know.... a VIDEO GAME instead of trying to simulate real life, maybe?

You do realize that you can adjust color saturation in-game if you don't like default saturation.

Speaking of graphics I'm very satisfied with 2k output and framerate priority on PS4 Pro, game keeps 60 fps very well, even in replays. I also tried quality setting but game is stuttering more, even in menus when a car is showcased.

You do realize that you can adjust color saturation in-game if you don't like default saturation.

Speaking of graphics I'm very satisfied with 2k output and framerate priority on PS4 Pro, game keeps 60 fps very well, even in replays. I also tried quality setting but game is stuttering more, even in menus when a car is showcased.
Yea I've tried tweaking it but it's down to more than just that

Yeah GT Sport is best looking car game graphics right now. Dude probably playing on a 720p TV with a base PS4.
I'm playing on a base PS4 with 720p and it looks fine. Look back on legendary PS2 era games that are acclaimed for their graphics and tell me how that compares to the crappiest graphics of this gen. I'll wait.

I said I wasn't going to buy GT Sport because there wasn't an offline mode and it has too few cars. But since the price drop with Black Friday here in Europe I decide to download it and wait for any updates. So I was very pleased with the december update. I played it now for the first time after the demo. And I must say, to my surprise, I like it. The lack of cars is still concerning me but, if PD keeps it promises, that would be a second step in the right direction. Just hoping that there aren't too many duplicates among the new cars that they are going to release before april.

I also miss the tuning garage. I always liked to choose a mediocore car and than tune it to my satisfaction with tuning parts...

Yeah GT Sport is best looking car game graphics right now. Dude probably playing on a 720p TV with a base PS4.
1080p 65" plasma with Ps4 pro.

It's not 2013 anymore. Compared to FM5/6/7, FH2/3 and Driveclub it's not overly impressive. Maybe if it beat out FM7 I would be more impressed but after playing FM7 on XBOX for a while and Driveclub on PS4 Pro for a year while GTS was delayed it's just above average.

There's been tons of great looking games (Horizon Zero Dawn for example) over the last few years. Bringing out next-generation graphics at the end of said gen isn't really that impressive. That's the standard.

It's a good looking game, but it's a couple years to late to get the same effect as going from FM4 to FM5 in terms of graphical awe.

Yeah I'm running it at the 4K downscaled to 1080p mode, runs at an almost flawless 60 during races. Replays are 30 due to added post processing effects but I don't mind honestly.

1080p 65" plasma with Ps4 pro.

It's not 2013 anymore. Compared to FM5/6/7, FH2/3 and Driveclub it's not overly impressive. Maybe if it beat out FM7 I would be more impressed but after playing FM7 on XBOX for a while and Driveclub on PS4 Pro for a year while GTS was delayed it's just above average.

There's been tons of great looking games (Horizon Zero Dawn for example) over the last few years. Bringing out next-generation graphics at the end of said gen isn't really that impressive. That's the standard.

It's a good looking game, but it's a couple years to late to get the same effect as going from FM4 to FM5 in terms of graphical awe.
To me, GTS looks the most realistic out of the bunch. The lighting looks more natural and true to how real life looks. I think that's what makes the game look so great to me. The way light reacts with objects and the environment looks(for the most part ) spot on. The reflections off of surfaces in the car and on the car look very good as well. The car models themselves are amazing as well. I don't think GTS is light years ahead of the competition but, to me at least, it is a few kilometers. Forza 7 and Driveclub and PC2 all look great as well. In fact, all the major racing games that have come out recently look great. But GT looks the best to me, simply for looking more natural and less like a game to me.
None of the other racing games look this realistic to me.

1kziZvD.gifv

1kziZvD

Whats the most realistic setup for tire wear and fuel consumption in custom race in GTS? For both long races and short races

I got this game on Friday and today I already golded all license tests + 4 racetracks on Circuit Experience, and only had like 5 Sport races on gr.4 and got a pole position.

Something that I'm finding funny is how, back on the other GT games, I had to use TCS to be competitive, but here, I can drive much faster and steadier.

Maybe I matured as driver and I'm more conservative now, or the game really is easier compared to the rest of the series.

Last edited:
Whats the most realistic setup for tire wear and fuel consumption in custom race in GTS? For both long races and short races
I guess "normal" is the most realistic.

Tyre and fuel consumption aren't issues in short races(less than 20 laps) IRL

Got my first ever win today on the Gr.4 Kyoto event with the Atenza Gr.4. Was behind second place about midway, wanted to stay behind him until last couple laps or until he messed up. Well he messed up on lap 4. Took first place and boy what is it nerve recking. My FR tire was losing so much tread that the car got worse in handling. This guy behind me was slowly catching up and he set the fastest lap. He was messing up still and I felt comfortable until 5th lap, fuel warning came up and I freaked out, started trying to get to the fuel menu to go more lean. :lol:

Thankfully I rode it out and the guy behind me got close but not enough. Feels really good to finally get a win and moved me up to a B rated driver. :)

I still haven't done one of the top level daily races with the tire and fuel wear. Is the idea to have to pit halfway through or near the end or can you easily do the whole race without pitting by changing fuel mixture to lowest?

I still haven't done one of the top level daily races with the tire and fuel wear. Is the idea to have to pit halfway through or near the end or can you easily do the whole race without pitting by changing fuel mixture to lowest?
If you are keen enough you can test it an open lobby now.
Set the track to near enough race conditions, turn BoP on, turn Tuning to Prohibited, adjust fuel and tyre deg. to match, run the amount of laps in the race and see how you go.

I did that the last time l raced.
It was good.
Got to learn about fuel and tyres, plus l had a good understanding of the car/track combo. before l hit qualifying.

Gr.3 daily races usually have tire wear and fuel wear. Today's Gr.4 had both but I did not need to refuel, passed the finish line with probably .05 fuel remaining. In the campaign based endurance races you have to do it. In future I think there will be online endurance races maybe for super star players in FIA. For daily races 30 laps is probably too much for people.

Noticed something about the car rewards. After I've completed the 8-8 Challenge mission, the game rewarded me 2 cars, since I finished all with gold, but then, the game didn't saved because of the connection issues a few days ago.

Had to play the race again and the reward cars were exactly the same, so I guess the rewards are random among users, but not on the same system.

Also, I really wish I did the "circuit experience" before the challenge missions, you learn a lot there. Just a thought, they should have placed the option above the "challenge missions" on the drop-down menu.

Sorry if it's allready answered... Is there a concrete way to get the "used and dirty" Audi R18 (Le Mans 2011) or I just need to be lucky to get it as the daily milage prize?

Last edited:
Back