Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Does anyone know if the gt sport app for I phone works still? I re downloaded app and I sign into my psn account and nothing happens, it used to work but that was ages ago before gt7 I think. Does it work for anyone else? Thanks for reading if you do
No, the app doen't work anymore. But it's still in store.

Last edited:
Have there been any notable changes to the driving physics since late July 2021? The current "Daily" Race A is the same as what ended then and the fastest lap clean lap I could find from then is almost 7 tenths of a second faster than the fastest clean lap now.

With the speed being in metric, I can't really tell if the physics are different so laps from then and now can't really be compared, or there is still loads of time to gain.

Gran Turismo Sport’ End of Online Services.

Does GTS work offline?
The article has all the answers to that

Since i only play gt7 in psvr2 i still play sport on flat screen…it was bound to happen. The lewis Hamilton challenge is still on my list of races to finish.

Anybody gone back to GT Sport? I've started from scratch on the PS5, and doing the whole GT League again.

Started a few weeks back, nearly finished with the GT League and Missions now. Still got a long way to go on the Circuit Experiences, but I’m starting to lean into the idea of starting GT7 more and more with every passing day.

The only thing putting me off is how long it’s going to take for everything to update before I can start playing!

Started a few weeks back, nearly finished with the GT League and Missions now. Still got a long way to go on the Circuit Experiences, but I’m starting to lean into the idea of starting GT7 more and more with every passing day.

The only thing putting me off is how long it’s going to take for everything to update before I can start playing!
Honestly, in my opinion, the offline GT Mode (GT League/Missions) are much better in GT Sport. Found it way more enjoyable than what GT7 has to offer.

But when you do move onto GT7, hope you enjoy it.

Honestly, in my opinion, the offline GT Mode (GT League/Missions) are much better in GT Sport. Found it way more enjoyable than what GT7 has to offer.

But when you do move onto GT7, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!

I’m actually looking forward to trying something a bit different. From what I’ve kinda skim read there’s some kinda ‘Cafe’ where you do some kind of race or challenge whilst getting a lesson about the car you have to use? I dunno, something like that - don’t tell me, i’ll find out for myself!

I’ve been working my way through the whole series for the past… i dunno… 18 months or so, not to 100% completion, more to a sort of personal satisfaction, so I am kinda GT Leagued out, as you may imagine.

For better or worse, at least this Cafe feature sounds like a welcome change-up to the formula, if nothing else!

Last edited:
Aiming to upgrade, and get every car by January. Buying stuff in the milage exchange, unless it's the gr.3 road cars/safety cars is now pointless because it'll all be gone when the servers go. Progressed more than i did in 2 months than i did when the game came out to when GT7 released!

So, I am level 48 is it worth trying to go for level 50, I still have races I could get gold cups on, and finishing up mission things etc for ending movie, I know I am extremely late lol, so what's the best way to get XP just keep racing or AFK 50 lap oval overnight lol :S, Also how are polyphony going to let us save offline when end of service comes, Mileage store goes to I'm guessing so i have been checking it weekly to make sure I have wheels and colors which I do ( i think) pretty sure I do and own all safety cars color variants too :)

I my self cant see ever playing it again, i find gt7 better in every way, the only thing i find they did better in sport was the gt league format instead of menu books in gt7, their was no championchips through in sport,

Since Kaz mentioned that GT Sport might have 500 cars, here you go cars I expect for GT Sport:
Bugatti Chiron
Mclaren P1
Mclaren 650S
Mclaren 570S
Lotus 3-eleven
Lotus Evora S
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Aventador SV
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari 488 GT-B
Ford GT350
Ford GT
Bentley GT3-R
Cadillac ATS-V GT3
Acura TLX GT
Acura NSX GT3
KTM X-bow GT4
BMW M5
BMW M2
RUF RGT-8
RUF CTR 3
RUF RGT-8 GT3
Remember these are only my expectations..
6 cars from this list were in the game.
I swear Polyphony has something against the 488.

Yeah it's called License agreements...
I don't think it's the agreements as developers pick the cars they want to include in the game and then contact the manufacturer. I believe there's a video on YouTube describing the process of licensing cars in racing games.

I don't think it's the agreements as developers pick the cars they want to include in the game and then contact the manufacturer. I believe there's a video on YouTube describing the process of licensing cars in racing games.
Then the manufacturer will say yes or no (on a model-by-model basis) and this is how much each will cost you, and potentially 'you can only have car X if you include car Y'.

Devs don't automatically get to pick what they want, the final say in it rests with the OEM.

I can confirm that the birthday car feature still works, despite daily roulette no longer existing. :lol:

4DFB4301-1E4D-417D-8F5A-EA8D4609F9D2.jpeg

Also, bummed to find out the in-game achievements were deleted, I was sitting on maybe ~20-25k worth of XP to be claimed if I got bored grinding to level 50. I have to do it all raw now. ~230k till 49, then the entirety of 50, and then I’m platinum.

Since the daily reward is gone this means I can actually keep up with making sure I drive absolutely everything in my garage, but also will need to buy anything I don’t have after years of daily spins of doom. :lol:

XP to be claimed??? Please explain this, can you actually claim XP and turn into credits??? Why didn’t know this

Edit-Sorry I thought this was GT7, but I see it is sport….distegard the dumb question

Last edited:
Back