Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Bought the game last week, a good mini game about cars that can keep you busy waiting for other racing titles. For me It is like the concepts they were realising before the full game back in the days. Enjoyable and friendly.

I love that all the cars and ffb are good out of the box, really plug and play. I was getting bored with pseudosimulators like pcars2 where undriveable means realistic while everything was just bugged.

What's the best way to have a proper endurance race? The 3rd Daily Race is too short - I'm thinking something around 40-50 laps.
I prefer online though, because even if the AI has faster cars, the race will get boring and monotonous quickly.
I've never raced in a Lobby, but are there some rooms that host proper endurance races?

What's the best way to have a proper endurance race? The 3rd Daily Race is too short - I'm thinking something around 40-50 laps.
I prefer online though, because even if the AI has faster cars, the race will get boring and monotonous quickly.
I've never raced in a Lobby, but are there some rooms that host proper endurance races?
Just rummage through the GTS Online Racing & Leagues sub-forum and you will see all sorts of endurance races

Alternatively, you can also join a 1.5 hour endurance racing league that is hosted by @Rinsky :D
The next race will happen on May 5, so there's ample time to try out other leagues first should you decide to join us :)

Thanks man! I'm sure I'll find something.

EDIT: Seems to be quite hard to find something that is happening tonight around 16:30 UTC, but I hope there is something :)

Just rummage through the GTS Online Racing & Leagues sub-forum and you will see all sorts of endurance races

Alternatively, you can also join a 1.5 hour endurance racing league that is hosted by @Rinsky :D
The next race will happen on May 5, so there's ample time to try out other leagues first should you decide to join us :)

Thanks man! I'm sure I'll find something.

EDIT: Seems to be quite hard to find something that is happening tonight around 16:30 UTC, but I hope there is something :)

I will be posting all the details on our 1.5 hour endurance race this weekend. We have 3 spots open if your interested but I'm not sure if the race times are what your looking for.

I will be posting all the details on our 1.5 hour endurance race this weekend. We have 3 spots open if your interested but I'm not sure if the race times are what your looking for.
Thank you, but I'm just looking for something for today.
I have a good friend who doesn't have a PS4, but he is a really amazing driver (quicker than me) and we like to do endurance races so that we both do enough qualifying/practice laps and then at the race quickly change seats during the pit stops. While one is racing, the other can provide useful information about the tires, remaining fuel, lap times etc. It is really intriguing.

Thank you, but I'm just looking for something for today.
I have a good friend who doesn't have a PS4, but he is a really amazing driver (quicker than me) and we like to do endurance races so that we both do enough qualifying/practice laps and then at the race quickly change seats during the pit stops. While one is racing, the other can provide useful information about the tires, remaining fuel, lap times etc. It is really intriguing.
That's amazing! Man I wanna do that someday :dopey:

I'm doing the premium race leagues and I did most with the 911 GT3 and it was pretty easy for what is a 'professional' series.

Tried the free daily gift N600 Jaguar F-Type on Monza and although I won, it was a struggle. Great straight line performance but its like driving a very fast bus - heaps of body roll and what feels like a sloppy chassis.

Will definitely need a tune to settle it down but if its painful on a power track like Monza, imagine it around anything tighter.

That's amazing! Man I wanna do that someday :dopey:
It really is, we had a great time and good races once again. Didn't even search for the endurance races, but did some FIA races instead.
It's a very different experience when you can focus only on the driving and nothing else and your friend does everything else - keep track of tire wear and fuel usage, but also change the fuel maps and TCS on the fly. The last one was really helpful, since we felt that our Gr3 M6 needs TCS @ 2 in the slow tight corners and TCS off elsewhere on the track. So the one not driving, was changing the TCS setting 4 times each lap :D

It really is, we had a great time and good races once again. Didn't even search for the endurance races, but did some FIA races instead.
It's a very different experience when you can focus only on the driving and nothing else and your friend does everything else - keep track of tire wear and fuel usage, but also change the fuel maps and TCS on the fly. The last one was really helpful, since we felt that our Gr3 M6 needs TCS @ 2 in the slow tight corners and TCS off elsewhere on the track. So the one not driving, was changing the TCS setting 4 times each lap :D

I think I'm going to give this a try with my good friend and see how it goes. Sounds like fun.

I envy you guys who have friends who can do this with you :lol:
I have friends that like cars, but not as much as I do and are more arcade-oriented

I reckon they're D/E drivers :lol::lol::lol:
You need to school them then :D
When you have friends over, set a time and tell that whoever beats it, gets a drink.

We have friends over pretty much every weekend and GT Sport is always on with somebody behind the wheel while the others are talking etc. A few girls have turned from not being able to drive in a straight line to pretty decent drivers already, with the only thing holding them back is using the automatic gearbox and not being able to recover from a slide :D

You need to school them then :D
When you have friends over, set a time and tell that whoever beats it, gets a drink.

We have friends over pretty much every weekend and GT Sport is always on with somebody behind the wheel while the others are talking etc. A few girls have turned from not being able to drive in a straight line to pretty decent drivers already, with the only thing holding them back is using the automatic gearbox and not being able to recover from a slide :D
Actually did that once! I had a bet, it went like this:
"Okay, if you get within 5 seconds of the time I'm about to post in the Evo Gr. 3 at Suzuka, you get free lunch for one week"
The closest was over a minute behind me. He never used full throttle and braked to 80 km/h at 130R :lol:
The other got so scared that the wheel oscillated when the car got above 100 km/h, and all of them never kept it at the track :lol::lol::lol:
Someone asked me to try the bet with the F-1500 and the Nurb. Being the nicest friend in the world, I expanded the time gap to 5 minutes.

Someone got free lunch from me for a whole week

Actually did that once! I had a bet, it went like this:
"Okay, if you get within 5 seconds of the time I'm about to post in the Evo Gr. 3 at Suzuka, you get free lunch for one week"
The closest was over a minute behind me. He never used full throttle and braked to 80 km/h at 130R :lol:
The other got so scared that the wheel oscillated when the car got above 100 km/h, and all of them never kept it at the track :lol::lol::lol:
Someone asked me to try the bet with the F-1500 and the Nurb. Being the nicest friend in the world, I expanded the time gap to 5 minutes.

Someone got free lunch from me for a whole week
Hahahaha that's a great story and you seem like a good friend :D
I think if I offered the same bet, my friends would not leave before they have beaten my time, no matter how long it takes lol

Interesting look at some design proposal for Audi VGT before went into production stage :

Screenshot_20180417-074418.jpg
Screenshot_20180417-074429.jpg
Screenshot_20180417-074452.jpg

The hybrid Gr. 1 didn't make it into production (sadly) but Audi made scale model of it :

Screenshot_20180417-074607.jpg

Source is from this video :

That sounds really cool, I was thinking of a similar race, but instead of swapping with your friend after pits, you're both on the track at the same time. A bit like the F1 Lewis/Bottas vs Vettel/Kimi etc... could make a spicy tournament

I'm doing a Custom Race at Lago Centre. Seems like the AI have been adjusted. Usually, the AI doing a brake check at the S-Turn under the walkway. Now, I can ride the AI's rear bumper, with no lift.
That is/was their biggest problem. Slower through turns by braking earlier is one thing but hitting the brakes on sections that only require a lift if anything made them stupid slow and easy pickins for overtakes. Not as fun as actually working for it.

@Rinsky Any chance you guys will also do a 45-60 minute race? 1.5 hours is a bit much for me and I can't always have that amount of time to set aside without pausing.

I'm doing a Custom Race at Lago Centre. Seems like the AI have been adjusted. Usually, the AI doing a brake check at the S-Turn under the walkway. Now, I can ride the AI's rear bumper, with no lift.
That is/was their biggest problem. Slower through turns by braking earlier is one thing but hitting the brakes on sections that only require a lift if anything made them stupid slow and easy pickins for overtakes. Not as fun as actually working for it.
They're better now, but the career AI...

Well...

See for yourself.

Any chance you guys will also do a 45-60 minute race? 1.5 hours is a bit much for me and I can't always have that amount of time to set aside without pausing.

At the moment we have no plans on shorting the race length. So far everyone that's been doing our endurance races seems to be fine with 1.5 hour but that's doesn't mean it won't change later on. We will definitely be doing 2 or 3 more endurance races at 1.5hr before that might happen though.

Your still welcome to join and if you have to leave before the race is over I will understand.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the Ferrari event. How old is that video?

The GT League Gr.2 and Gr.3 Endurance, are pretty much the only competitive(for me) events that I've done multiple times. A fun event, is the N1000 at Maggiore, in my E30.

Still, I hope PD continue to adjust the AI foe the better.

VXR
I see the GTP Duel of the Week is back, but could the relevant parties reintroduce Beater or Sleeper for Sport? That was a great weekly thread back in GT6.
At this point, as Rinsky said, I need to get a ps4 and GTS before i can start up the GTS version of car of the week. Slowly but surely I'm getting there!
Donations accepted :lol:

Back