Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Should we expect brand new cars to start coming after April's update? Not that I don't love the Ferrari 458, but it's no longer being made and no longer widely used (or used at all?) in GT3 and GT4 races. I worry that we won't get the 488 in GTS until after that has been put out to pasture as well. This is one example, but many of the GT3 and GT4 cars and other supercars are outdated at this point. I guess I'm spoiled by DriveClub being fairly quick to update with new cars, but GTS's lineup already feels stuck in 2016.

Should we expect brand new cars to start coming after April's update? Not that I don't love the Ferrari 458, but it's no longer being made and no longer widely used (or used at all?) in GT3 and GT4 races. I worry that we won't get the 488 in GTS until after that has been put out to pasture as well. This is one example, but many of the GT3 and GT4 cars and other supercars are outdated at this point. I guess I'm spoiled by DriveClub being fairly quick to update with new cars, but GTS's lineup already feels stuck in 2016.

I don't follow GT3 or GT4 that much so I didn't realize that most of the cars were outdated. That's seems like something PD would want to stay on top of especially if their competitors are.

I don't follow GT3 or GT4 that much so I didn't realize that most of the cars were outdated. That's seems like something PD would want to stay on top of especially if their competitors are.
Another example is them still using the SLS AMG while it's replacement the AMG GT has clearly been in racing series around the world for a few years now.

Me too!
There are several GT cars that have real world equivalents that race in multiple sports car leagues around the world that ought to be in GTS. While the Gr.3 Corvette surely resembles the IMSA and WEC machine in looks, I'd love to see it replicated exactly in GTS. Same with the Ford GT's racing in every major real world sports car league. The Corvette doesn't have a real world Gr.4 equivalent, but the Calloway Vettes racing in the PWC would be comparable and a lot of fun to drive in the game.

And I'm still holding out hope that someday we'll have some DPi's in GTS. With no Cadillacs in GTS, I'd love to see a Cadillac Prototype! But sadly, it looks like IMSA has gone with the Forza end of things .

Me too!
There are several GT cars that have real world equivalents that race in multiple sports car leagues around the world that ought to be in GTS. While the Gr.3 Corvette surely resembles the IMSA and WEC machine in looks, I'd love to see it replicated exactly in GTS. Same with the Ford GT's racing in every major real world sports car league. The Corvette doesn't have a real world Gr.4 equivalent, but the Calloway Vettes racing in the PWC would be comparable and a lot of fun to drive in the game.

And I'm still holding out hope that someday we'll have some DPi's in GTS. With no Cadillacs in GTS, I'd love to see a Cadillac Prototype! But sadly, it looks like IMSA has gone with the Forza end of things .

I don't know if it's a license issue, but the absence of Bentley in Gr.3 is noticeable as well, considering how much of a competitor it is in the GT3 series. And then there's other updated models like the McLaren 720S, which replaced the 650S last year. I get that people want nostalgia cars, but PD needs to keep one eye on the present because at this rate the Group cars are already becoming nostalgia cars.

I don't know if it's a license issue, but the absence of Bentley in Gr.3 is noticeable as well, considering how much of a competitor it is in the GT3 series. And then there's other updated models like the McLaren 720S, which replaced the 650S last year. I get that people want nostalgia cars, but PD needs to keep one eye on the present because at this rate the Group cars are already becoming nostalgia cars.
Aside from the 488, 911 GT3-R, lack of a Bentley, the Acura NSX and a newer GT-R, GTS has a very up to date GT3 list. The 720S hasn't even shown us anything more than a sketch so the 650S has still got plenty of time and they just updated the RCF to the 2017 model that's currently active around series such as Super GT and IMSA.

Do you think there will be actually another update this month? I think there won't be. We already got one alongside the two new Audi cars.
On the article about the Toyota GR Supra Concept, it was said it would be released in 'the April update'.

It is theoretically possible that 'the April Update' consists of only one car (but unlikely due to the language used of 'the April update' plus that one car would be a smaller update than the other 'April Update'), but we know that there is an update this month no matter what.

On the article about the Toyota GR Supra Concept, it was said it would be released in 'the April update'.

It is theoretically possible that 'the April Update' consists of only one car (but unlikely due to the language used of 'the April update' plus that one car would be a smaller update than the other 'April Update'), but we know that there is an update this month no matter what.

Thank you. I missed that. :)

So what you're saying is the normal weekly maintenance was just normal weekly maintenance? Shocking revelation.
Umm, only been playing for a month and haven't followed whatever patterns of maintenance and updates. Someone usually creates a thread and posts a screen shot. With some notes or more info. That's why I posted, Mr Smarty-pants.

That was immature of me. I don't know if you're wearing pants or not.

I'm hoping for a GT300 update that could add a few more Gr. 3 cars (488, BRZ, Continental, GT3-R, Prius etc.). Would love to see those and, maybe, get the chance to create multi-class races.

I have finished today 180 day entry. and all objectives finished by the way. I wish Kazu gave a gift car for this :)

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180419093512.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180419093512.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78
If there is to be a content update this month in the same vein as the last few months, I'd bet on a silhouette teaser from Kaz popping up in the next few days. Although, this month is a little funky as to where dates fall (the teaser usually gets posted Friday/Saturday depending on time zone) and there may be just enough time to squeeze it in near the 30th.

Apparently T10 have exclusive rights to the IMSA cars. I cannot provide a source as I read it, possibly here on GTP, in passing.

Hopefully it isn't true but I would not be remotely surprised if it is.

Apparently T10 have exclusive rights to the IMSA cars. I cannot provide a source as I read it, possibly here on GTP, in passing.

Hopefully it isn't true but I would not be remotely surprised if it is.
There's a partnership between them, but that doesn't necessarily means that they have exclusive rights on certain models (like Porsche and EA). Same thing about Kunos & Blancpain, and yet we've gotten the RC F GT3 in GTS, a car set to debut in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. On the other hand, it could easily be related to official sponsors, teams, liveries etc.

Last edited:
Remember whe the last update came out and there was an issue with Sony’s patch distribution thing, and some poor people ended up downloading all updates (24GB worth!)! On that occasion I was lucky as I was at work so it was fixed for me getting home so had a wee chuckle to myself, but I’ve just upgraded my HD to a 2TB one so now I HAVE to download all 24GB! I guess it’s true what they say about karma haha!

I wanted to share this with GTS players, because you’re the ones I talk to here, so I shared it in the Motorsport forum, but I’ll quote it here. Sorry if this is wrong.

Guys, I want to share this here with you!

fantasy.formula1.com

I created a league for us here at GTP.
Search for a private league and use this code:

bb8571

My team name: bitHead

Is there a logic or system to the order downloaded decals are stored in the general Collection folder?

Some new downloads go to the top but more often than not they could be anywhere in the folder. Can be a pain.

Back