Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Why are Brazilian players so bad?

Why can't PD enroll two separate regions?? North American countries play within North America, while Latin American countries play with each other. I'm tired of the poor driving skills, short tempers, and even poorer connections.

I've been knocked down to an SR of C, before recovering to a rating of B because of Brazilian players. I don't like to point fingers and make excuses but in all my races I haven't seen one, not one, clean Brazilian driver. I don't care if they fight amongst each other back there, but when they ruin a clean, fun race it becomes really 🤬 annoying.

The group of people you are complaining about has suddenly increased threefold.

There's two things I hate - Racism, and Inconsistency.

Yes, Brazil is in Latin America. My proposition for regional races would mean that Brazilians would race with residents of Latin America.

Nothing above has any racist connotation; it's my personal observation and I would like to know the reason as to why most Brazilian players are bad. That's it. I have no problem with Argentinian drivers, or Chilean, or Panamanians (Central America, I know) etc.

Yes, Brazil is in Latin America. My proposition for regional races would mean that Brazilians would race with residents of Latin America.

Nothing above has any racist connotation; it's my personal observation and I would like to know the reason as to why most Brazilian players are bad. That's it. I have no problem with Argentinian drivers, or Chilean, or Panamanians (Central America, I know) etc.
Most BR drivers have this strange Senna complex in which they think they can be the fastest and have zero racecraft like their hero, but sadly aren't as fast (if at all) and all they're left with is their lack of racecraft.

I suffered them racing online in GT5 and GT6, thankfully I'm not dealing with them in sport

Related to the current discussion but more on par with the game, PD needs to fix the track limit reset on Interlagos. Specifically, transition from T1 to T2. I've personally been booted from pole position by someone in fourth or fifth completely skipping the transition and blowing through to T3 WITHOUT being reset.

For reference:

Skip to 00:48

In my opinion, GT Sport needs more music when you’re racing. GT1 - GT5 had such a great Soundtrack. GT6 it was meh and GTSport... Most of the racing music is repetitive and awful. It’s not a big deal, I just think it would be nice if we got some more in race music. Because there’s not much in GT Sport.

In my opinion, GT Sport needs more music when you’re racing. GT1 - GT5 had such a great Soundtrack. GT6 it was meh and GTSport... Most of the racing music is repetitive and awful. It’s not a big deal, I just think it would be nice if we got some more in race music. Because there’s not much in GT Sport.

I haven't personally looked into it but can you play personal music on the PS4 while gaming like on the PS3? I know you can with a Spotify account but can I hook up my hardrive or pendrive and play the music from there?

I would just play the GT soundtracks or some 90s pop rock with good tempo.

Last edited:
Related to the current discussion but more on par with the game, PD needs to fix the track limit reset on Interlagos. Specifically, transition from T1 to T2. I've personally been booted from pole position by someone in fourth or fifth completely skipping the transition and blowing through to T3 WITHOUT being reset.

For reference:

Skip to 00:48

They get a massive penalty from it so don’t see the problem. He ended up being DQ’d because he kept cutting it.

Yes we are definitely due for a new world circuit. I want it to be my local V8 Supercar venue, which is Sandown but that won't ever happen.:P Chances are it's either Fuji or Spa but I want it to be a track that's new to the series. But that's not what you people want...

While I agree that previous games had great sound tracks, I still LOVE LOVE LOVE GT5's and GT6 has some proper bangers too...

...but if GT Sport is supposed to be more racing focused and more serious, it would make sense for it to have LESS of a sound track and be more focused on pure racing, IMO the soundtrack in the game is a hangover rather than an actual feature

They get a massive penalty from it so don’t see the problem. He ended up being DQ’d because he kept cutting it.

In my race, we kept our distance thinking he's got a massive penalty to deal with. However emotions get you, and you start pushing even harder to either get payback or keep the pressure on them.

He was so slow the entire pack caught up to us, the driver that was in second and I, and all hell broke loose.

The asshat got to run away with it, gain enough distance to clear his penalty and keep driving.

I just quit the race. At that point I couldn't care about the SR repercussions anymore. I should've punted the bastard off on T5 when I had the chance but I was trying to race clean and get my SR back up to at least a B.

On a happier note, on a technical track like Interlagos, I'm finding the Subaru Impreza WRX Gr.3 to be an absolute beast. Has great breaks and great handling. A bit finicky at lower gears but if you can get it right, it can become an absolute monster.

Last edited:
Got a question regarding bans, if someone (not me but some d***head from Japan) gets a ban, cos of uploading mature sexual decal’s. Just what does the ban entail is it a total psn ban or just a gtsport ban ?. I just hope he never comes back. I read a post here somewhere about people getting a months ban for something.If it’s just a month it will not be enough in my opinion.

I don't know if we are getting a brand new circuit this month. We always get brand new venues every two months.
(Monza in January, Tsukuba in March, Le Mans in May, and St.Croix in August)

I think new layouts to existing tracks is more likely.

I am still getting the issue where your car sometimes gets stuck on the grid when the lights go green when online. So infuriating when you put in a good qualifying run in a decent lobby.

Okay, who's done that livery? :sly:
Me, a few days ago. It is fully compatible with the Sport Mode number panels and has a few of my little changes to the original.

6927113485610419729_23.jpg

Here

Last edited:
I haven't played GTS for over a week now and the itch overcame me :lol: I just needed to play. But how do I play? Steering set is under repair, and my left analog stick is broken beyond oblivion.

Motion Steering!

I tried it for the first time and whoah. It feels so natural! Of course, it did take me a couple of minutes to be accustomed to the setup, but it's so plug and play, as well as intuitive that I'm quite amazed. I moved around my bed while playing and it's great how it auto-calibrates to compensate and keep the center, well, the center. I don't know how GTS does it, but it does. It does feel weird that I don't feel anything from the controller (I think it vibrates usually but my vibrators are also dead), so I had to eyeball the balance of the car. Honestly if it had FFB I could live with this! The triggers are obviously much shorter in stroke than pedals, but it honestly felt better because at least I can modulate the throttle on the controller as I wish. It took some getting used to, and looking upon my replay my modulation is still a bit awkward, but I feel satisfied with it as well. One thing I noted is while I was driving, I felt like the triggers were as light as air and I had to be extra careful about my movements, but after playing I noticed that the same triggers are heavier :lol: maybe it's just me :P

To those who haven't tried out motion steering yet, please do! I can easily say it's one of the best features GTS gave us. Whether you're a wheel or pad user, motion steering is really fun so try it out, even just once :D

Here's a best lap replay of me in a stock BoP'd WRX around Lagos after 20 minutes using this setup:

I haven't played GTS for over a week now and the itch overcame me :lol: I just needed to play. But how do I play? Steering set is under repair, and my left analog stick is broken beyond oblivion.

Motion Steering!

I tried it for the first time and whoah. It feels so natural! Of course, it did take me a couple of minutes to be accustomed to the setup, but it's so plug and play, as well as intuitive that I'm quite amazed. I moved around my bed while playing and it's great how it auto-calibrates to compensate and keep the center, well, the center. I don't know how GTS does it, but it does. It does feel weird that I don't feel anything from the controller (I think it vibrates usually but my vibrators are also dead), so I had to eyeball the balance of the car. Honestly if it had FFB I could live with this! The triggers are obviously much shorter in stroke than pedals, but it honestly felt better because at least I can modulate the throttle on the controller as I wish. It took some getting used to, and looking upon my replay my modulation is still a bit awkward, but I feel satisfied with it as well. One thing I noted is while I was driving, I felt like the triggers were as light as air and I had to be extra careful about my movements, but after playing I noticed that the same triggers are heavier :lol: maybe it's just me :P

To those who haven't tried out motion steering yet, please do! I can easily say it's one of the best features GTS gave us. Whether you're a wheel or pad user, motion steering is really fun so try it out, even just once :D

Here's a best lap replay of me in a stock BoP'd WRX around Lagos after 20 minutes using this setup:

I wasn't even aware that the DS4 had a motion control function until I tried it out in GTS at the end of last year. I've been using it ever since. I'm a lot faster than I ever was on GT6 and I think this feature is a major reason for that. The problem with using motion control on GTS is, it's hard to get reaccustomed to the standard controller settings in the F1 games and Project Cars because they don't have settings for motion control as far as I know.

I found easy way to gather 150.000 cr with 50% bonus for clean race you can get 225.000 cr. just do a race in professional league Vision Gran Turismo Trophy 6 laps on La Sarthe circuit. In McLaren VGT it's easy job to do you can be first even in the half of lap 2 the rest of the cars are really slow. It strange that the best car from the opponents is Mazda LM55 VGT, McLaren VGT with it's power should be banned in this race otherwhise it should be as a opponent car. I plan to do this race at least daily.

Do you found even easier way to gather big amounts of cr. ?

J.D
I found easy way to gather 150.000 cr with 50% bonus for clean race you can get 225.000 cr. just do a race in professional league Vision Gran Turismo Trophy 6 laps on La Sarthe circuit. In McLaren VGT it's easy job to do you can be first even in the half of lap 2 the rest of the cars are really slow. It strange that the best car from the opponents is Mazda LM55 VGT, McLaren VGT with it's power should be banned in this race otherwhise it should be as a opponent car. I plan to do this race at least daily.

Do you found even easier way to gather big amounts of cr. ?
Bluemoon Bay Grind

Back