Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
J.D
I found easy way to gather 150.000 cr with 50% bonus for clean race you can get 225.000 cr. just do a race in professional league Vision Gran Turismo Trophy 6 laps on La Sarthe circuit. In McLaren VGT it's easy job to do you can be first even in the half of lap 2 the rest of the cars are really slow. It strange that the best car from the opponents is Mazda LM55 VGT, McLaren VGT with it's power should be banned in this race otherwhise it should be as a opponent car. I plan to do this race at least daily.

Do you found even easier way to gather big amounts of cr. ?
If you want variety, you can use the 200,000 E30 M3 at Maggiore. It takes 18 minutes to complete. Just fit Racing SS tyres, tighten the suspension. Full racing transmission isn't needed. About 425,000 Cr.

Isn’t it just great when you lose DR points because your freaking internet provider has had problems for a week now and the connection is lost every hour or so randomly and you get booted from the game on the last lap while leading the race?

Happened for the fifth time already this weekend...

**** you Vodafone!

How do you turn off ghosting in public lobby’s? Ruins the fun in my opinion. Sometimes I like to show off some of my liveries (that I’ve added to my collection:sly:) but with ghosting on in every lobby that makes it tough.

And yes I’ve tried creating my own lobby multiple times and ghosting is always on for some reason. :banghead: But I don’t know how to turn it off.

I’ll probably get stick for this but i’m the majority that don’t do the Daily Races. I’m usually in all the free fun/track day/car show/cruise/cops lobby’s. Ghosting can really make it less fun at times. I try to make the game as fun as possible, not really into the serious online racing. Maybe if I had a full wheel set up it would be different. But I don’t. :lol:

How do you turn off ghosting in public lobby’s? Ruins the fun in my opinion. Sometimes I like to show off some of my liveries (that I’ve added to my collection:sly:) but with ghosting on in every lobby that makes it tough.

And yes I’ve tried creating my own lobby multiple times and ghosting is always on for some reason. :banghead: But I don’t know how to turn it off.

I’ll probably get stick for this but i’m the majority that don’t do the Daily Races. I’m usually in all the free fun/track day/car show/cruise/cops lobby’s. Ghosting can really make it less fun at times. I try to make the game as fun as possible, not really into the serious online racing. Maybe if I had a full wheel set up it would be different. But I don’t. :lol:

Serious racing can be fun on a controller.

Nevertheless, ghosting is a lobby option only the host can disable.

Under lobby settings when creating a room you'll see the ghost cars as an option. I don't remember the name of it, but it's there.

This is where you can disable or enable penalties, track limits, reset on wall collision, reset on track limit exceeds, etc.

@Sergio18 https://www.instagram.com/teramoto_toyo/
Some pictures from April 2018 at Fukuoka with the caption: "Ready for open our new studio!!".
You can find a picture of the studio under contruction.

It's probably another studio at Fukuoka. Outsourcing and a new studio? It makes me think Poly wants to speed up the dev of GT7.

@05XR8 On the door, it was written "Polyphony Digital Inc." with the locations of the other studio: Tokyo, Fukuoka, Amsterdam, Los Angeles.

So I got GTS yesterday as a birthday present. I played a little last night as well as this morning and I have a few things to say:
-The cars seem to feel a little more finicky than in GT6. I often have to drive much more cautiously.
-It's easier to spin out than is GT6.
-I really enjoy the soundtrack.
-While the game looks beautiful, our T.V doesn't do the game justice at all. (It's a 1080i T.V) The image looks aliased, but that could be due to the game defaulting to "Prioritize Framerate" mode.
- The Tomahawk X is a lot easier to control.
- Scapes is amazing.
-GT Mode isn't that bad, mostly due to how awful I am at the game.

Have to say, had a play with the W08 post patch around Brands and damn is that **** fun!
The speed you can carry through the high speed corners is insane and those big fat tyres look properly at home around the old GP circuit

Kicked @MrWaflz55 arse in a Sambabus death match on the Nurburgring.

D3870FA0-50F1-4595-8070-9FB99085F505.jpeg

This will be a really long stretch, but is it possible to do a study on the average SR of a regular GTPer versus a regular Redditor? Collecting samples wouldn't be the hard part, but rather what kind of statistics I would use

It seems GT Explore Studio activity at Los Angeles is actually more than just PR, licensing...
(His CV :crazy:)
https://cgworld.jp/regular/023-takahito-tejima.html

History of CG with legendary engineers met with Pixar 23rd: Takahito Teshima / Takahito Tejima (Polyphony Digital / Software Engineer)
"I joined Namco CG Development Department in 1996 and after arcade game development, I participated in the production of "Gran Turismo" series at Polyphony Digital Co., Ltd. in 1999. In 2011 he moved to the R & D department of Pixar · Animation Studio and engaged in developing authoring tools for animation works such as "Monsters University", "Inside Head", "Remember Me". At the same time, I am also in charge of development of OpenSubdiv, Unversal Scene Description etc of open source project. Since 2017, R & D is conducted again in Polyphony Digital (Venice, California).
Polyphony · Digital / Los Angeles
"

It seems GT Explore Studio activity at Los Angeles is actually more than just PR, licensing...
(His CV :crazy:)
https://cgworld.jp/regular/023-takahito-tejima.html

History of CG with legendary engineers met with Pixar 23rd: Takahito Teshima / Takahito Tejima (Polyphony Digital / Software Engineer)
"I joined Namco CG Development Department in 1996 and after arcade game development, I participated in the production of "Gran Turismo" series at Polyphony Digital Co., Ltd. in 1999. In 2011 he moved to the R & D department of Pixar · Animation Studio and engaged in developing authoring tools for animation works such as "Monsters University", "Inside Head", "Remember Me". At the same time, I am also in charge of development of OpenSubdiv, Unversal Scene Description etc of open source project. Since 2017, R & D is conducted again in Polyphony Digital (Venice, California).
Polyphony · Digital / Los Angeles"

New Cars game made by Polyphony Digital :lol::lol:. Could this studio be on pre production for the next GT,or they are just a support studio for GT Sport?

The penalty system in this game is broken. It's a complete joke what I had multiple times this weekend. Got bumped into the rear, so I touched the man in front of me -> penalty for me but not the guy who started this.
I got bumped into the rear, collide with the wall, get a 5 seconds penalty.
Or someone slides over the track, touches me, I collide with the track and get another 5 seconds penalty.

Plus there are still a lot of a**holes in lobbies with "S" sportsmanship. I better not mention drivers with B or C. They should be banned from racing.

Yeah, I'm really angry at the moment. And this game needs more than three weekly races though I think it was good to switch it to better learn tracks and cars.

Last edited:
Back