Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
@Sergio18 https://www.instagram.com/teramoto_toyo/
Some pictures from April 2018 at Fukuoka with the caption: "Ready for open our new studio!!".
You can find a picture of the studio under contruction.

It's probably another studio at Fukuoka. Outsourcing and a new studio? It makes me think Poly wants to speed up the dev of GT7.

@05XR8 On the door, it was written "Polyphony Digital Inc." with the locations of the other studio: Tokyo, Fukuoka, Amsterdam, Los Angeles.
Thanks!!!!!

Does anyone have any tips for getting past the AI in the F1500 events? Wasted an hour because of accidents caused by the AI not yielding to me or letting me pass.

Just noticed that the new GT League "Nostalgic Car Festival" that arrived alongside the Ferrari 250 GTO, is locked to N class and you can't actually use the aforementioned 250 GTO since its Gr.X.

Cavallino should allow it.

Does anyone have any tips for getting past the AI in the F1500 events? Wasted an hour because of accidents caused by the AI not yielding to me or letting me pass.

Git gud?

But seriously, both the F1500 and the W08 leagues will be a pain in my backside until the very end... if I can at least podium these I'd be happy.

I wasted more than an hour on both these open wheeler events to some very very embarrassing results.

I think a 4th is all I got.

I just bought Sauber Mercedes C9 i like it great looking interior and drives really well the sound is also nice what do you think about this car guys ?

Last edited:
Brake early and carry speed through the corners. A bit of coasting is your friend here. The AI are are very slow at the apex so play it safe and let the car run around the outside. Keep the car settled by being as smooth as possible and you should find you can get on the power early with little risk.

Check out the tuning section for some help. Adjusting the gears should help with the top speed. If you do pick an alternative tune make sure it works with the latest tyre model.

Edit: Do not get into a position where you run into the back of the AI or have to brake excessively to avoid hitting them. It's difficult to pass them on the straights if you don't exit the corner with good speed. Effectively you'll be using two corners to make a pass when it should only take one. If it happens repeatedly your total time will shoot up.

Last edited:
WARNING! Those PDFs are containing my nightmares what are unsolvable!

Képernyőfelvétel (18).png

Képernyőfelvétel (19).png

vlcsnap-001711.jpg

Seriously what is that?

More interviews of devs:
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/people/

About outsourcing :
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/people/1206/

Work called XDM

Soon after becoming an employee, I was given the position of XDM (External Development Manager).Polyphonic digital is a group of artisans and artisans of artists and engineers, and the system to make everything inside the company was continued, but as the work of each and every one continues to increase, we will consider the outsourcing and we are in the position of doing that management.

Since there was no culture of outsourcing, I started from finding a partner. Since there was no acquaintance in the CG industry, I was looking for candidates while receiving support from other XDMs and engineers. Since it is not permitted to lower the quality, I nervously appreciate the ease of communication as well as the previous production system and whether this request will be accurately reflected. Now we are finding a company that we can trust and we have started a mass production system.

Probably ModelingCafé.

Does anyone who knows Japanese can translate the salient parts?

The interesting thing seems to be that they are working massively on raytracing what nvidia is doing with its new gpu rtx

Racing Games with all polished metal surfaces and refractive and reflective surfaces should be the genre that most benefits from ray tracing.
With Ray Tracing we would not only have a more natural light appearance and behavior, but it would possibly be the first time that the mirrors offered a real look, showing not only the track and cars that follow us but also the interior of the car.

It is a very intensive technique in process but it has the advantage of freeing the artistic and technical team that should not be involved in falsifying shadows, global lighting, etc.

More interviews of devs:
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/people/

About outsourcing :
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/people/1206/

Work called XDM

Soon after becoming an employee, I was given the position of XDM (External Development Manager).Polyphonic digital is a group of artisans and artisans of artists and engineers, and the system to make everything inside the company was continued, but as the work of each and every one continues to increase, we will consider the outsourcing and we are in the position of doing that management.

Since there was no culture of outsourcing, I started from finding a partner. Since there was no acquaintance in the CG industry, I was looking for candidates while receiving support from other XDMs and engineers. Since it is not permitted to lower the quality, I nervously appreciate the ease of communication as well as the previous production system and whether this request will be accurately reflected. Now we are finding a company that we can trust and we have started a mass production system.

Probably ModelingCafé.

This is great news indeed! :D Finally PD realize they could maximize their capabilities with outsourcing, find some new talent and fresh ideas. Will looking forward for future GT titles 👍

This is great news indeed! :D Finally PD realize they could maximize their capabilities with outsourcing, find some new talent and fresh ideas. Will looking forward for future GT titles 👍
I really love PD's mindset of keeping things close to home to maintain good communication and level of quality but it only works for indie devs not a AAA studio that releases exclusive games for one of the most sucessiful platforms of all time.

I really love PD's mindset of keeping things close to home to maintain good communication and level of quality but it only works for indie devs not a AAA studio that releases exclusive games for one of the most sucessiful platforms of all time.

Could be, but I still appreciate their move for outsourcing since what we experienced with current title. And with this news we can expect more in future titles. Hopefully this newly made studio give all their best to this long running franchise as we expect.

Could be, but I still appreciate their move for outsourcing since what we experienced with current title. And with this news we can expect more in future titles. Hopefully this newly made studio give all their best to this long running franchise as we expect.

It was inevitable,PD is one of the last(if not the last) AAA studio that does everything in-house.GT Sport was probably their last title with everything in-house(probably why the game launched with such a low car roster).With outsourcing they will be faster but i don't expect GT games to become a yearly franchise,Kaz is way too perfectionist for that to happen.

I'm also thinking about avatars. That "human drama" Kaz mentioned.
Looking at all the interactions the avatars have with each other, at track locations. Their walking around, the expressions, poses, etc. The tram scene in GT6. The Goodeood Festival. The Sport Mode finishing place cut scene. PD could be gearing up to deliver even more avatar usability in future games.
Dk7IdjIUcAA40Nu

Dk7OVAhUcAApdSr

Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll be able to take other players for a ride around a circuit. Similar to GTA V avatar interactions.

Looking at all the interactions the avatars have with each other, at track locations. Their walking around, the expressions, poses, etc. The tram scene in GT6. The Goodeood Festival. The Sport Mode finishing place cut scene. PD could be gearing up to deliver even more avatar usability in future games.
Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll be able to take other players for a ride around a circuit. Similar to GTA V avatar interactions.

When PD announced the new avatar poses i kept thinking about a paddock mode where you can walk around and look at other cars on the PitStop,like the car meets in the Forza Horizon games but with the ability to walk around.

Hey guys, one question, what is meant with "dirty air" or "dirty air effect"?

Thx
I heard the term before i suppose it's this:

http://thenewswheel.com/explained-downforce-slipstream-dirty-air/

"Dirty air is a little more complicated and a phenomena primarily contained within Formula 1, simply because of the sheer levels of downforce involved.
A consequence of F1 cars’ clever aerodynamics is that they create a region of extremely turbulent air behind them, otherwise known as “dirty air.” When an F1 car closely follows another while in that area of dirty air, which usually occurs when the gap ahead is down to a little under a second, its own aerodynamic wizardry is compromised.
This leads to a significant reduction in downforce, which—while good in a straight line because it increases top speed—is extremely undesirable in corners because it decreases grip, and thus makes it harder to follow the car ahead. The turbulence is also far worse when following a car in a corner than in a straight line, much like following a boat on the edges of its wake rather than in the center, because it not only reduces downforce but can also make it harder to predict the behavior of the car.
Because no other racing cars produce as much dirty air while being as reliant on downforce to go fast around corners, the issue of dirty air is almost exclusively limited to Formula 1."

Dk7IdjIUcAA40Nu

Dk7OVAhUcAApdSr

It was not Kaz who talk about 'human drama' but the Sony Group. ;)

Ah thx!
I know there is a already a loss of downforce while beeing in slipstream behind any car.
And dirty air seems to be not exactly the same. It is the additional loss of downforce because of turbulences of the air. Because according to the text it is F1- exclusive more or less as far as I understand it

Ah thx!
I know there is a already a loss of downforce while beeing in slipstream behind any car.
And dirty air seems to be not exactly the same. It is the additional loss of downforce because of turbulences of the air. Because according to the text it is F1- exclusive more or less as far as I understand it

Yes it's a term used for F1 and you can really see the effects of it in the corners,but did you see the words "Dirty Air" on the PDF?Because that would be very interesting.

Rip the last truly in house team but the good new is they going expand more studio for people and get man power. I wonder what place they going to open next. I hope PD studio could open more in other countries.

Back