Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I believe the V6 whale is what is drowned down by the exhaust noise. If you listen very carefully you can hear the whale slightly...

This is also present in the TS050 but the whale is more present there.

I believe there seems to be an issue with the balancing of the engine/exhaust sound and the way our ears perceive the sound IRL take for example the Toyota TS030 in comparison to IRL.
Uppon first call you would say "wrong engine sound" but listening carefully to the IRL one you can hear similarities between the one in GT Sport.

This also seem to be the case with the Nissan R92CP (while I patiently wait for a sound fix)
I get what you mean. But when the camera is fixed behind the car, there's not much of that whale effect... it's more noticeable in fly-bies.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the GT-R sample has been changed. There is no more resemblance to the actual sound, not even in the cockpit view. In the case of TS050, the sample seems to be correct.

the V6 whale
If you listen very carefully you can hear the whale slightly...
the whale is more present there.
not much of that whale effect
xcartoon-whale.gif.pagespeed.ic._Zr6-B57NU.png

I believe there seems to be an issue with the balancing of the engine/exhaust sound and the way our ears perceive the sound IRL take for example the Toyota TS030 in comparison to IRL.
Uppon first call you would say "wrong engine sound" but listening carefully to the IRL one you can hear similarities between the one in GT Sport.

This also seem to be the case with the Nissan R92CP (while I patiently wait for a sound fix)

You make a good point.

Sound design is complex which is why I usually avoid audio comparison videos. Sometimes the sound signature we think we hear in real life is actually colored by the environment we are in. 'How close is the nearest wall?', 'what material is the wall made out of' and 'how does it affect the acoustic reflection', 'how far or close am I too the vehicle'.. etc etc. Now take microphone placement, the audio recording environment, and the audio production skills of the engineer and their personal design preferences. It's really easy to see how the same car could create two distinct different sounds.

Ultimately, unless they grabbed the wrong audio file, the recording of the car is the recording of the car. Why a multi thousand dollar mobile recording setup doesn't match the sound of a youtube video shot on an iPhone or even broadcast footage shot from yards away is sort of self explanatory.

So, do the different region versions have exclusive songs in their soundtracks I can’t get?
I was watching caprakiwis streams, and I noticed in the main menus there were songs from GT5 Prologue, and probably from gt5 and 6, but I don’t remember their soundtracks cause they were garbage.
Any way I can get these songs in my version, like I could in GT4’s jukebox?

I was watching some old GTS footage, and I came across this:

Why did PD changed the GT-R GT3 sound? I don't get it. It was better before.

Real life footage for comparison:

So GT sport still has awful engine sounds, after all? Poor thing.

SO guys what so I do, I have 14,8 Mill saved up, my intention was to get the Shelby Daytona Coupe, but do I now just get the Zonda, Super GT, Ferrari, Mini, Maserati, 22B and E type, actually the last two imm deff get, what do I do, maybe only one Super GT for now.:confused::banghead::irked:

SO guys what so I do, I have 14,8 Mill saved up, my intention was to get the Shelby Daytona Coupe, but do I now just get the Zonda, Super GT, Ferrari, Mini, Maserati, 22B and E type, actually the last two imm deff get, what do I do, maybe only one Super GT for now.:confused::banghead::irked:
The Daytona is a fun car to drive, sounds pretty good too. If you need something for the Nostalgia races, it's a contender.

I'm going to hit 20 mill again tonight, so debating on what I should buy too.

MMX
The Daytona is a fun car to drive, sounds pretty good too. If you need something for the Nostalgia races, it's a contender.

I'm going to hit 20 mill again tonight, so debating on what I should buy too.
Ah I have all the big 3, 330, Xj13 and GT40. My personal choice the 330 handles the best out or all the three, does not look at cool at the XJ13 or GT40MKIV but it handles like its on rails

What exactly are the criteria for getting the Clean Race Bonus? I did possibly the cleanest race I've ever done (Gr. 3 enduro at Fuji) yet got no bonus, but have been awarded the bonus with much dirtier races - my only transgressions in 30 laps was touching the barrier on my way into the pits and one or two tiny nudges with AI cars - yet no bonus... but I know that some contact is OK... or do you not get that bonus with endurance races??

What exactly are the criteria for getting the Clean Race Bonus?
It seems that all it cares about is that you don't interact with the landscape. Get four in the dirt or trade paint with barriers/walls and you're done.

I got a clean race bonus in a lobby last night after an accidental collision with another car that was so hard I made it overtake a third car while backwards on the infield. But I stayed on the track and didn't shave any corners or run wide at any point.

The new update is awesome, i just hate the fact they wasted time on retired racing cars from more than 10 years ago instead of modeling other/new cars. But yay free update. I'm loving the new track so far, i'm slowly realizing that maybe GTsport is the game i wanted GT6 to be, the only feature i'm really missing right now are aesthetic kits, rear wings and stuff.

What exactly are the criteria for getting the Clean Race Bonus? I did possibly the cleanest race I've ever done (Gr. 3 enduro at Fuji) yet got no bonus, but have been awarded the bonus with much dirtier races - my only transgressions in 30 laps was touching the barrier on my way into the pits and one or two tiny nudges with AI cars - yet no bonus... but I know that some contact is OK... or do you not get that bonus with endurance races??

It seems that all it cares about is that you don't interact with the landscape. Get four in the dirt or trade paint with barriers/walls and you're done.

I got a clean race bonus in a lobby last night after an accidental collision with another car that was so hard I made it overtake a third car while backwards on the infield. But I stayed on the track and didn't shave any corners or run wide at any point.
Yeah I've had clean races in sport mode even after getting penalties for contact, when I didn't go off the track at any point.

Am I the only one that really dislikes that Cataluña only got ONE version? They could've done quite a few of them:

· Full layout - F1
· Full layout - Classic (no chicanes)
· Full layout - Original (the chicane on top of the hill)
· Short layout - Modern
· Short layout - Classic (no chicanes)
· Short layout - Original (the chicane on top of the hill)

Polyphony, you are one bunch of lazy guys... 👎

Am I the only one that really dislikes that Cataluña only got ONE version? They could've done quite a few of them:

· Full layout - F1
· Full layout - Classic (no chicanes)
· Full layout - Original (the chicane on top of the hill)
· Short layout - Modern
· Short layout - Classic (no chicanes)
· Short layout - Original (the chicane on top of the hill)

Polyphony, you are one bunch of lazy guys... 👎

Many times it seems additional layouts come at a later date under a "new" update to allow the new content to be spread over a longer time frame.

I thinking the other layouts will show up in another update, Catalunya being scratch built, maybe there wasn’t enough time before the finals to get all the layouts completed.

Many times it seems additional layouts come at a later date under a "new" update to allow the new content to be spread over a longer time frame.

And that seems to be the case with the Catalunyan circuit because it's name says: "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Grand Prix Layout" which could be a hint that mire layouts are coming.

Good, because so far the only layout available has way to many chicanes and tight corners for my liking.

So, my game has now crashed 3 times in 24 hours (since the update) and it isn't coming back on until I reset my router, which is very annoying - I can't recall it ever crashing before - is there any known issues with the new update?

K, once again, can we please get suspension and diff tuning?? I don't care about transmission. I am fine with that being part of the balancing aspect of the game, but suspension and diff?...c'mon.

Oh my what has happened to chase cam view?, I just played GT to have a go with the new imprezza 22b, so switched to chase cam to hear its exhaust, and oh my god, awful beyond belief , the way the camera moves with the car, i thought i had things set up nicely for chase cam in the options ages ago, so i went back into the options and changed things, but still terrible beyond belief i don`t remember it being this weird , i have been playing horizon 4 for a bit...

Did it change after the update?

Also guys ive just got the dreaded not being able to accelerate fully with the controller, i thought it was being funny so turned on the hud to see the levels and fully squeezing r2 im only getting half throttle, so tried squeezing harder, almost breaking the controller, its now goes full throttle, is it broken?

Ok ive just tried my second controller and that works fine at full throttle, so looks like my other has gone funny...:(

Last edited:
And that seems to be the case with the Catalunyan circuit because it's name says: "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Grand Prix Layout" which could be a hint that mire layouts are coming.

Good, because so far the only layout available has way to many chicanes and tight corners for my liking.
LoL, exactly like how Alsace, Colorado and Sardegna all have many layouts, right? Hahahahaha

Back