Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments

• Identify new sources of revenue and services opportunities related to premium partners of the brand.
  • In collaboration with Marketing, plan and manage digital media planning & strategy for partners in accordance to contractual obligations and other considerations.
  • Collaborate with marketing teams to achieve growth, customer acquisition, and increase brand awareness.
  • Coordinate internal and external resources in support of new products in the pipeline.
  • Partner closely with Merchandising and Marketing teams for additional promotion and merchandising through data driven research and an active understanding of partners marketing support.
  • Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading content for PlayStation gamers.
  • Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various researches and forecast methodologies (financial, statistical, primary and secondary user research).
  • Organize business opportunities / projects across multiple stakeholder groups (Legal, Marketing/PR, Project Management etc.) and cross functional teams to build commitment to business outcomes.
  • Develop and report on KPI s relative to the Business Development activities.
  • Evangelize benefit of key business partnerships within SIE and Sony companies.
My two interpretations of this:

1: PD might be looking at other Gaas games and are preparing for the next gen.That doesn't mean the next GT is going to be full of lootboxes,season passes and microtransactions

2: PD will go heavy on the monetization for the next game.

This position also works with the marketing department and Merchandizing department,seems like a Director that oversees all financial parts of the studio.Pretty big position.

• Identify new sources of revenue and services opportunities related to premium partners of the brand.
  • In collaboration with Marketing, plan and manage digital media planning & strategy for partners in accordance to contractual obligations and other considerations.
  • Collaborate with marketing teams to achieve growth, customer acquisition, and increase brand awareness.
  • Coordinate internal and external resources in support of new products in the pipeline.
  • Partner closely with Merchandising and Marketing teams for additional promotion and merchandising through data driven research and an active understanding of partners marketing support.
  • Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading content for PlayStation gamers.
  • Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various researches and forecast methodologies (financial, statistical, primary and secondary user research).
  • Organize business opportunities / projects across multiple stakeholder groups (Legal, Marketing/PR, Project Management etc.) and cross functional teams to build commitment to business outcomes.
  • Develop and report on KPI s relative to the Business Development activities.
  • Evangelize benefit of key business partnerships within SIE and Sony companies.
My two interpretations of this:

1: PD might be looking at other Gaas games and are preparing for the next gen.That doesn't mean the next GT is going to be full of lootboxes,season passes and microtransactions

2: PD will go heavy on the monetization for the next game.

This position also works with the marketing department and Merchandizing department,seems like a Director that oversees all financial parts of the studio.Pretty big position.
Poly is changing very fast. The biggest change is obviously outsourcing. This job seems to be much more than just working for Vision GT, SEMA Show, E3... Poly is still a Japanese studio but I think its expansion is more global. Playstation HQ are now in California, maybe that's a reason?

At least, it's pretty clear.
https://lemagjeuxhightech.com/actua...-je-naurais-jamais-pense-en-arriver-la/33753/

Google translate

As Lewis Hamilton [who was present at the Gran Turismo final] said, driving in the rain is a real challenge. However, we can not run in these conditions in GT Sport, for what reason?

K.Y: We worked with weather changes in GT5 and 6. However, this is something that is very hard to duplicate, especially given the time scale we are working on. It takes a while when it starts to rain for the track to really get wet. The time scale we are working on now is not adapted to climate change and that would not make the game especially more interesting. It's something too difficult to adjust.

https://lemagjeuxhightech.com/actua...-je-naurais-jamais-pense-en-arriver-la/33753/

Google translate

As Lewis Hamilton [who was present at the Gran Turismo final] said, driving in the rain is a real challenge. However, we can not run in these conditions in GT Sport, for what reason?

K.Y: We worked with weather changes in GT5 and 6. However, this is something that is very hard to duplicate, especially given the time scale we are working on. It takes a while when it starts to rain for the track to really get wet. The time scale we are working on now is not adapted to climate change and that would not make the game especially more interesting. It's something too difficult to adjust.
I agree. If the time doesn't change, it would take forever for the track to get really wet.

Google translate

I thought implemented rain will be similar to GT6 when "Wheather Change" was set to 0 and "Surface Water" to 100%. But it looks like they want to make "Surface Water" parameter to be dynamic, am I right?

I don't get this, seriously.

They had more than enough time, they chopped the car count to less than half of their previous game for this game...In a console that is far more powerful.

They have more money now than before, and now that they also are outsourcing they have more manpower(technically).

It's been a whole year since this game had launched and it's considered as successful in terms of reception and sales, so the game didn't flopped, which means that the investment can be justified.

To top it off, we got that driving mission where it's raining and we finally get to use the wet tires that have been teasing us off for a whole year.

I just can't fathom why they still can't do it.

I don't get this, seriously.

They had more than enough time, they chopped the car count to less than half of their previous game for this game...In a console that is far more powerful.

They have more money now than before, and now that they also are outsourcing they have more manpower(technically).

It's been a whole year since this game had launched and it's considered as successful in terms of reception and sales, so the game didn't flopped, which means that the investment can be justified.

To top it off, we got that driving mission where it's raining and we finally get to use the wet tires that have been teasing us off for a whole year.

I just can't fathom why they still can't do it.

I really don't think it works like that,i believe the light engine is very taxing for the PS4 hardware and PD can't lock the framerate to 60 FPS with rain,they are not incompetent if the solution was easy it would be in the game since launch(because rain is a good selling point for a simracer)

Google translate

It seems Kaz really wants that transition from dry tarmac/weather to rain.Dynamic changes are a no-no for this game i still believe static rain weather can be possible but is not easy to put it in the game.

What's that gold statue at the opening movie sequence, when the game starts up? Is it a samurai?

Story time
Unique Forms of Continuity in Space
is a bronze Futurist sculpture by Umberto Boccioni. The Futurist movement was striving to portray speed and forceful dynamism in their art. Boccioni, though trained as a painter, began sculpting in 1912. He exclaimed that "these days I am obsessed by sculpture! I believe I have glimpsed a complete renovation of that mummified art."
Unique Forms of Continuity in Space depicts a human-like figure apparently in motion. The sculpture has an aerodynamic and fluid form. As a pedestal, two blocks at the feet connect the figure to the ground. The figure is also armless and without a discernibly real face. The form was originally inspired by the sight of a football player moving on to a perfectly weighted pass.

300px-%27Unique_Forms_of_Continuity_in_Space%27%2C_1913_bronze_by_Umberto_Boccioni.jpg

Story time
Unique Forms of Continuity in Space
is a bronze Futurist sculpture by Umberto Boccioni. The Futurist movement was striving to portray speed and forceful dynamism in their art. Boccioni, though trained as a painter, began sculpting in 1912. He exclaimed that "these days I am obsessed by sculpture! I believe I have glimpsed a complete renovation of that mummified art."
Unique Forms of Continuity in Space depicts a human-like figure apparently in motion. The sculpture has an aerodynamic and fluid form. As a pedestal, two blocks at the feet connect the figure to the ground. The figure is also armless and without a discernibly real face. The form was originally inspired by the sight of a football player moving on to a perfectly weighted pass.

300px-%27Unique_Forms_of_Continuity_in_Space%27%2C_1913_bronze_by_Umberto_Boccioni.jpg
Thanks, @Auditore .

More conferences, the last one is probably the least interesting from a GT player point of view :
- https://vrst.acm.org/vrst2018/industrysessions.html
11/30 15:50 〜 Polyphony Digital Inc. /Ren Yasuda / The Technology Behind Gran Turismo: VR, Ray Tracing, and More

- http://cedec-kyushu.jp/2018/session/07.html
Making catalog pictures of cars with games ~ Story about modeling and rendering in Gran Turismo ~Polyphony Digital Co., Ltd. / Daiki Kashiwagi

- http://cedec-kyushu.jp/2018/session/05.html
Carefully selected 0b1010 pieces! C99 / C11 / C ++ 11 / C ++ 14 / C ++ 17 now available coding tips and application examples / Polyphony Digital Co., Ltd. / Takeshi Yamanouchi

Google translate

I fail to see how this is saying "Rain isn't coming to GT Sport". The quote is talking about time scale and climate changes, so that leads me to believe Kaz wants dynamic weather, and even with that he isn't saying "Dynamic weather isn't coming" he's just saying it's difficult to get it up to standards and things are taking longer than expected. I feel like something must've been lost in translation here.

Anyone else noticed what a piece of garbage the Enzo Ferrari is? Horrible understeer, and even worse brakes. Waste of money!
I didn't have issues with either. Sounds like you're not adjusting your braking distance to account for the speeds the car can get to.

Yes at that sort of top end, say N700 to N1000 the cars do behave strangely.

If you think the Enzo is funny, try the LaFerrari.

Yeah, a lot of the high-end N-class cars are kind of funky to handle in this game. Maybe that's the reason why we don't get a lot of them every month compared to N100-N500?

We haven't seen any new N700 cars since 1.13 when they re-introduced the Aventador LP700, or any new N800 cars since 1.15 with the Mach 40... Stock N900 cars are non-existent (although the addition of the P1 GTR gives me hope for the P1 road car and 918 in the future) and N1000 has been left with only the Bugatti Veyron and LaFerrari since day one.

Yeah, a lot of the high-end N-class cars are kind of funky to handle in this game. Maybe that's the reason why we don't get a lot of them every month compared to N100-N500?

We haven't seen any new N700 cars since 1.13 when they re-introduced the Aventador LP700, or any new N800 cars since 1.15 with the Mach 40... Stock N900 cars are non-existent (although the addition of the P1 GTR gives me hope for the P1 road car and 918 in the future) and N1000 has been left with only the Bugatti Veyron and LaFerrari since day one.
I won't be to sure about that, in pcars 2 the normal p1 was lucky to be added. Mclaren was only gonna let sms add the p1 gtr as a replacement to the normal p1 but when mclaren saw that the 918 and laferrari were also gonna be in the game that's when they let sms also add the normal p1 in addition to the p1 gtr.

But if the normal p1 does get added in the future you know i'll be the happiest person :D

I was curious to have a look on the cars I own that have the most distance driven so I had a look and.....
View attachment 781715

Not surprised that the 911 RSR currently sits on the list as the most distance driven car since it's usually my go to car.

And here i thought my 75k plus miles with the p1 gtr in pcars 2 was a lot :lol::D
Can wait to see how many miles i put on the gtr in gts :bowdown:

Last edited:
I won't be to sure about that, in pcars 2 the normal p1 was lucky to be added. Mclaren was only gonna let sms add the p1 gtr as a replacement to the normal p1 but when mclaren saw that the 918 and laferrari were also gonna be in the game that's when they let sms also add the normal p1 in addition to the p1 gtr.

But if the normal p1 does get added in the future you know i'll be the happiest person :D

From what I remember, GT's rival, Forza, has both the P1 road car and P1 GTR in the same game since Motorsport 6 and 7...

I might be a bit too optimistic, though.

Back