Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Once I read the article in GT6 homepage, and it said "Now we're able to get the CAD data from the car manufacturers." (This article cannot be found any longer because of the rebuilding of the GT homepage...)
From Internet Archive: Wayback Machine:

gran-turismo.com/world/products/gt6/cars
In recent years, CAD data of actual cars are often provided to Gran Turismo thanks to our strong partnerships with automotive manufacturers and as a consequence, the time to understand the design of the car has been drastically reduced. The same cannot be said for the development time: a model will still take 6 months to create, and that is because the time and costs saved in the research phase are re-distributed into modelling to further improve the quality of the final product.

自動車メーカーとの深いパートナーシップにより、近年では「グランツーリスモ」のために実車のCADデータを提供していただけることも多くなりました。これにより形状の把握は飛躍的に効率化されましたが、「一台あたり6ヶ月」という制作期間はあまり短縮されませんでした。効率化によって生まれた時間は、そのままクオリティ向上のために注がれるためです。

If you think in terms of short-time development costs, this style taken by Gran Turismo may sound inefficient. But the passion and professionalism of each members of the modelling team further strengthen the trust with auto manufacturers, and that is what ultimately leads to increased collaborations with them. Gran Turismo has evolved into a project involving the auto industry, going beyond the boundaries of a simple video game.

短期的な開発コストだけを考えれば、このような「グランツーリスモ」のスタイルは非効率かもしれません。しかし、モデリングを担当するプロフェッショナルなスタッフ一人ひとりの情熱がクルマメーカーとの信頼関係を深め、更なるコラボレーションにつながっていきました。「グランツーリスモ」は単なるビデオゲームの枠組みを超えた、自動車業界を巻き込んだプロジェクトへと進化しました。

Ferrari F50 '95
80C4A515-0FB1-4334-BC23-E5E436ADEEAB.png

Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
(Maybe the Outer Loop will also be included.)
CD7ADEEF-6642-4A5A-A670-98E11D21CD2A.png

This is gonna be good, especially hoping that the four cars revealed so far for the next update would sound really nice...

Useless? This is the P1 I’d rather have. Road cars are boring to me in racing games, but that’s just my opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree. You can either drive them stock, or turn them into a heat seeking missile that goes 300mph and turns like a barn.

I would much rather drive something with downforce that feels like a race car

I wholeheartedly agree. You can either drive them stock, or turn them into a heat seeking missile that goes 300mph and turns like a barn.

I would much rather drive something with downforce that feels like a race car

This is what has always made GT great in my opinion because I'm the complete opposite. I would much rather race Road Cars on Street Tires than any Race Car on Race Tires. There is always something for everyone in this game.

I feel like its more because people dont want mismatched cars and classes.

People have always wanted a std. road P1 vs 918 vs. LaFerrrari.

If you make a Group X P1 GTR then there is no direct comparison with a N1000 LaFerrari.

Group X is making stuff out of class therefore not in direct comparison with other groups.

Pretty solid physics. Depending on the wheel, though, you may not get the best feedback. I run a T150 and the game doesn't communicate understeer the way it should, but if you have any experience with prior GTs you can learn the physics fairly quickly.

I also use a T150, it's excellent. I can't imagine playing with the controller. The draw for me within this competitive racing simulator is the realism. Without a wheel? No thanks, I'm just not into fantasy games. Can you imagine if in real life you had only a wireless controller to operate your passenger car?

If I could, I'd step up to the T300. Next time...

:)

Should the developers bring in some experts on traction? They replicated the tracks and cars down to the millimeter level. Traction is far from perfection in terms of simulating real-world grip. Cars simply do not spin wildly off the tarmac when gently grazing the sides on a clear sunny day with racing soft tires.

At least allow drivers to tune the suspension if there is to ba a 'gaming' element to the unrealistic grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use a T150, it's excellent. I can't imagine playing with the controller. The draw for me within this competitive racing simulator is the realism. Without a wheel? No thanks, I'm just not into fantasy games. Can you imagine if in real life you had only a wireless controller to operate your passenger car?

If I could, I'd step up to the T300. Next time...

:)

Should the developers bring in some experts on traction? They replicated the tracks and cars down to the millimeter level. Traction is far from perfection in terms of simulating real-world grip. Cars simply do not spin wildly off the tarmac when gently grazing the sides on a clear sunny day with racing soft tires.

At least allow drivers to tune the suspension if there is to ba a 'gaming' element to the unrealistic grip.
I think you mean grazing the grass right? This actually does happen when clipping the grass with the tire under load, it might be slightly exaggerated in the game based off of what I’ve experienced, but I do race on semi slick tires instead of full slicks for classing reasons. Just think you’re going from a surface of total grip to a surface of extremely loose grip very suddenly, you will likely loose control if it’s not handled correctly.

you will likely loose control if it’s not handled correctly.

That feeling when you know you’ve got on the power to early, you know your going to run wide but you think it might just be a tyre you drop, Im going to hang in there, the next thought is, got to get the wheel straight, got to get the wheel straight, a deep breath, yes! I’m still facing the correct way. :D.

Last edited:
That feeling when you know you’ve got on ghe power to earl, you know your going to run wide but you think it might just be tyre you drop, Im going to hang in there, the next thought is, got to get the wheel straight, got to get the wheel straight, a deep breath, yes! I’m still facing the correct way. :D.
:lol: Usually how it goes, maybe with a little pee coming out in the process...:lol: One of those oh 🤬 moments.

Back