Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
The user said that the article is written in the newspaper of SF, given out in the Motorsport Festival in Suzuka.
Aye, I've just discovered it separately too. Noice. Very, very noice.
I'm looking through that and I don't see the March 28th date? Super cool find though. @Famine in case you haven't seen it yet.
All over it. ALL. OVER. IT.

BE649D57-6157-4B44-B0D6-9FFFC88944D1.jpeg

This shows PD had intentions of putting the i3 in N200, but then changing their minds last minute....

1F1A2FF0-CD62-428E-9CA8-A849DE47A997.jpeg

And the Vulcan in Gr.X. I don’t know if this is old, but I just discovered this...

View attachment 803271
This shows PD had intentions of putting the i3 in N200, but then changing their minds last minute....

View attachment 803272
And the Vulcan in Gr.X. I don’t know if this is old, but I just discovered this...
They wanted the Vulcan to be in N800 so that it could be used against supercars in the Stage 8-1 of the Mission Challenges, and then the i3 and all other electric cars would wind up being uncompetitive in the N classes, plus the lack of a combustion engine.

View attachment 803271

View attachment 803272

I don't think anything will come of this. I noticed it after the December update and they're still in the same categories.

They wanted the Vulcan to be in N800 so that it could be used against supercars in the Stage 8-1 of the Mission Challenges, and then the i3 and all other electric cars would wind up being uncompetitive in the N classes, plus the lack of a combustion engine.

Actually the i3 is pretty much mid-pack in the N200 class, in terms of lap times. It fits perfectly in there and it’s nonsense that PD moved it.

What about the P1 GTR and Zonda R? PD made a mistake by putting the Vulcan in N800 because since it was a track only car, they made the handling horrible so it wouldn’t be overpowered. The brakes are almost non existent...

Actually the i3 is pretty much mid-pack in the N200 class, in terms of lap times. It fits perfectly in there and it’s nonsense that PD moved it.

I'm guessing it was because they didnt want to deal with it not having to refuel if racing against cars that do.

Can anyone explain the odd race photos of a 2X seemingly growing stilts, attached to it's wheels? It seems to have gone airborne at a certain section of Willow Springs. But for some reason, the wheels remain on the ground while the rest of the car flies up into the air. In fact, I've seen a couple of race photos showing the wheels of a car becoming disconnected, some how.
Is this a known bug in-game it is it just a photo made bug?

Ummm every time I try to enter a public lobby, GTS crashes with the error code (CE-38700-8). And it only happens with lobbies on SSRX.... help anyone?

It does move goalposts, but you have to consider than in real life a majority of race car drivers haven't had a single pole or won a single race, and most of them never will. Or maybe not. This is a game after all.
In-game achievements I don't particularly care about, nor the gt app. It's probably just an afterthought
I don't like the most popular car list per race. It means even more people will become meta sheeps

What most people tend to forget is that GTS is a racing game back to its roots, not a car collecting game that happened to have racing in it. Austere if you think it is, but maybe it's not just for you

No, I don't mind the approach that this installment takes to competitive racing, but more so, this is about the design for the trophies. In general, I don't think trophies should have this dynamic sort of difficulty, insofar that it can encourage exploits like purposely-dropping SR. Trophies, rather, should be used as this way for both the developers and the community of a game to demonstrate their literacy of a game's mechanics. Something like the "Beat Zico" trophy in WipEout HD is a very good example of this. It's hard, but still has a comparatively static criteria, wherein you have to clear a specific time on a certain course, with a particular racer.

But with GTS, the journey towards obtaining the trophies for total wins & poles can vary too much from player to player. It reminds me too much of some achievements/trophies that require the player to be a certain ranking on a game's online multiplayer leaderboard.

In a very roundabout way, I believe that ultimately, completing the trophies for a game should be like obtaining a license of sorts, in that there are some tests with static criteria, and the result is an award that you can show to others to say, "I am extremely familiar with this game and its mechanics," with minimal subjectivity, if any at all. Although I do like trophies that reward experimentation and exploration, too - but I think there's a way to do that while still avoiding a dynamic criteria.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4053873.html

"As with the previous World Tours, there will be a Nations Cup, with individual competitors, and a Manufacturer Series, pitting manufacturer teams against each other: this event will offer a glimpse into the future of the 2019 Series, stay tuned for more!

Furthermore, an overview of the 'FIA GT Championships' 2019 Series competition structure will be presented during this event."

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4053873.html

"As with the previous World Tours, there will be a Nations Cup, with individual competitors, and a Manufacturer Series, pitting manufacturer teams against each other: this event will offer a glimpse into the future of the 2019 Series, stay tuned for more!

Furthermore, an overview of the 'FIA GT Championships' 2019 Series competition structure will be presented during this event."
Well you would expect them to show something new.

Mad Theory:

what if Sony and Polyphony have a deal where the aim of GTSport is to continuously increase the file size, to the point where more and more PS4 owners feel the need to buy a PS4 Pro (1TB), hence increasing the revenue Sony make.
Sure, it's definitely unrelated to new stuff being added to the game.

Back