Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
IMG_20190220_171240215.jpg
OK. And it wasn't my birthday. That's nice lol.

Why so? Updates have been released before Events and stuff... there’s still time...

It’s mostly assumption/hunch to be honest. I’ve only been following along the updates closely since Barcelona.

I’m disappointed that the rumour is it’s not Spa. If true, it makes me wonder if it was supposed to be, but PD got uppity and petty because it was leaked and have played an audible.

Why isn't PD doing anything about the road cars for sport mode? I've no idea what their plan was at launch to have them in the game with no GT League and no balanced sub-categories for sport mode.

It's time they add the road cars to sport mode properly, not just one make races and the odd N400 race dominated by two of the 50 eligible cars.

Last edited:
Well... It's over 5 years since PS4 was released and I realised that unfortunately most probably we won't get even one true classic Gran Turismo game this gen... :( It's a real shame, ecpecially considering how Kaz talked abot "much easier development on PS4 compared to PS3" and that we "won't have to wait that long for the GT7 to come". It's even worse than previous gen ...

Well... It's over 5 years since PS4 was released and I realised that unfortunately most probably we won't get even one true classic Gran Turismo game this gen... :( It's a real shame, ecpecially considering how Kaz talked abot "much easier development on PS4 compared to PS3" and that we "won't have to wait that long for the GT7 to come". It's even worse than previous gen ...
I'm not attacking you, but "we" aren't waiting long for anything. GT Sport is here. No matter if in the past we got two games per console. Embrace the here and now. When PS5 comes and we're waiting two years after that, THEN, I'd say the Epic Crying and Whining thread is where it's at. ;)

Anyone knows why i can't join any lobbies for the last 2 months? How can i fix it? I've just upgraded my internet connection but seems like that's not the problem! Please help

Random thought.

Here's hoping PD decides to add the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37 to GTS. It's a long shot I know, but with the right tune (@GhostRider65 had a good one) it was a lot of fun and highly maneuverable at tracks like Nordschleife and Le Mans. Monaco not so much.

It also intermittently spit out fire through the exhaust which looked fairly cool.

Did any of you manage to hit 300 MPH in a P1 GTR?

I dropped the weight to minimum possible (power can't be raised above stock), toe/camber on zero, lowest ride height, low downforce.

After several hours of tuning the transmission and accumulating Mileage Points for upgrades, the max speed I managed was 297.1 MPH (with slipstream, 296.3 MPH without slipstream) at the downhill of SSRX

I didn't do transmission flip trick yet, but I don't know if it makes big enough difference for top speed setups

Any advice on hitting 300?

P.S. The car has display in the interior that shows the highest speed reached in MPH. Helps with tracking results

I'm not attacking you, but "we" aren't waiting long for anything. GT Sport is here. No matter if in the past we got two games per console. Embrace the here and now. When PS5 comes and we're waiting two years after that, THEN, I'd say the Epic Crying and Whining thread is where it's at. ;)
Yeah I know that GTS is here and it's better than nothing but... for me it is not THE Gran Turismo game I'm waiting for. If it's one GT per gen then I'm fine with that but let it be real GT with more cars ( and better picked up to date models ), more tracks and mechanical car modifications.

Did any of you manage to hit 300 MPH in a P1 GTR?

I dropped the weight to minimum possible (power can't be raised above stock), toe/camber on zero, lowest ride height, low downforce.

After several hours of tuning the transmission and accumulating Mileage Points for upgrades, the max speed I managed was 297.1 MPH (with slipstream, 296.3 MPH without slipstream) at the downhill of SSRX

I didn't do transmission flip trick yet, but I don't know if it makes big enough difference for top speed setups

Any advice on hitting 300?

P.S. The car has display in the interior that shows the highest speed reached in MPH. Helps with tracking results
Try maxing the front and minimizing the rear ride heights. That seems to give highest top speeds, even more with winged cars.

I wish there was a race mode where you can win/lose cars. Won't happen I know.

Like a lobby race. 4-5 car max. Show up with whatever car you want. But you lose and you lose that car. You win you win all the cars.

Good way to put some mileage on duplicate cars. ie. I have a 330 P4 duplicate I would race.

I feel like a lot of GTS' game design was modeled around the fact that it's very much a "living game," and was comparatively austere in content at launch. These include the following:
-Randomized prize cars
-The return of experience and levels, like in GT5.
-The fact that when changing car settings, it's assumed all upgrades you could get in other GT games have been bought. E.g. full-customize suspension & transmission.
-Mileage points, the mileage exchange, and its rotation.
-Trophies (namely the ones for total wins & pole positions) that are subjective in difficulty. It's frustrating that I can have a time within the top 100 players for a daily race, but never score any poles/wins. It feels like it's just moving the goalposts. While I do like the motif behind using real-world GP driver stats for the total races/wins/poles trophies, I'm of the belief that these trophies should've been replaced with ones that had more of a basal, static criteria. For example, a trophy awarded for beating a certain time on a given track with a particular car without changing its settings - perhaps said time could be set by someone notable, like GTS' special guest Lewis Hamilton, or Lucas Ordonez. Alternatively, there could be a trophy for reaching a particular DR score/rank.
-Similarly, the in-game achievements seem to be modeled around GTS' streamlined content at launch, and seem to often task players with other stuff to do while they wait for content updates. I, for one, would've replaced the consecutive clean races achievement with one that's for a total amount of clean races, but in the process, increasing the amount of clean races required for each level.

-I'm also unsure just what's being planned with the official GTS app, if anything at all. I could see a lot of improvements to the in-game "social network," if you ask me. For example, when it comes to searching certain items (photos/liveries/etc.), you should be able to sort by most likes/shares/downloads within a few different timespans, namely the past week, month, six months, and all-time. I do wonder, however, if maybe the app would be updated if/when the successor to GT Sport (and Sport Mode) appears in the next main GT title?

-Other QoL things I'd add would include usage stats for daily races/championships, in addition to viewing the top ten times. You could see the most popular car for each manufacturer and the percentage of players that used that car, sort by drivetrain, national origin, or even a combination of these factors; you could have a drop-down menu and check-off each factor, then you can display the most popular cars within that criteria.

What do you think? @Famine @Alpha Cipher

I could see a lot of improvements to the in-game "social network," if you ask me. For example, when it comes to searching certain items (photos/liveries/etc.), you should be able to sort by most likes/shares/downloads within a few different timespans, namely the past week, month, six months, and all-time.
The only missing option is to be able to search a player. Scrolling all the way in my 500 friends list (not mentioning that is shows them all, not only those who have the game) is definitely time consuming.
Also, haven't they released any updates for the official app?? Wow..
I only downloaded it when it came out, but was missing a lot of things compared to the GTS Companion.

I wish there was a race mode where you can win/lose cars. Won't happen I know.

Like a lobby race. 4-5 car max. Show up with whatever car you want. But you lose and you lose that car. You win you win all the cars.

Good way to put some mileage on duplicate cars. ie. I have a 330 P4 duplicate I would race.
Oh, so much cheating would go on. It's bad now, but goodness gracious. Would get boring quick. I think many people have duplicates of Meganes.

I wish if they add Spa they also add Historic Spa :D and add in a Campain event for the Aston Martin. :D

Wishful thinking I know :(

The only missing option is to be able to search a player. Scrolling all the way in my 500 friends list (not mentioning that is shows them all, not only those who have the game) is definitely time consuming.

Also, what really gets to me is that you can't immediately tell if one of your friends is in a race with you. I wish friends' names had a different color or icon or something, so you could see them clearly, instead of having to read everyone's name before a race. There's been a few times I didn't know a friend was in a race with me.

Back