Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Mad Theory:

what if Sony and Polyphony have a deal where the aim of GTSport is to continuously increase the file size, to the point where more and more PS4 owners feel the need to buy a PS4 Pro (1TB), hence increasing the revenue Sony make.
Maybe, but I upgraded my original PS4 to 2TB! :cheers:

New FIA Digital Motor Sport Working Group meets for the first time in Geneva
https://www.fia.com/news/new-fia-digital-motor-sport-working-group-meets-first-time-geneva

I heard that Jean Todt personally called the meeting because Spa wasn't in the latest update.

Mad Theory:

what if Sony and Polyphony have a deal where the aim of GTSport is to continuously increase the file size, to the point where more and more PS4 owners feel the need to buy a PS4 Pro (1TB), hence increasing the revenue Sony make.

It's mad because Sony would know that it drives people to aftermarket 2TB hard drives such as Toshiba or Seagate.

I think the explanation is a lot simpler:
the PS4 was poorly designed and manufactured. Insufficient hard drive space, prone to overheating, ejecting discs and shutting down mid-gameplay, poor quality components.

Sony would rather people upgrade their Playstations using third party hardware than to stop playing the console.

Liked by Gran Turismo
Apyrz97h.jpg

It would be so cool in the future if those cars had a remote driver. Basically playing GTS but controlling a real car on a real track. Motorsport without casualties.
What if they did tiny cars shot in miniature to scale controlled by remote?

What if they did tiny cars shot in miniature to scale controlled by remote?
Honestly, it doesn't work for me. Like drone racing. Awesome concept but in reality not exciting for me. Full size cars on real world tracks would appeal to me.

I did it again , i didn't pay attention when i've bought my Pagani Huayra full carbon body. This car have a clear brown interior and like any car with a clear or even not black or grey interior , the reflect on the shield in cockpit view is really annoying.
In real life , your field of view focalize far away on the road and you are not disturbed at all , but in GTS , it take out a good part of your perception and feeling to drive efficiently in this view.
In my opinion PD have to take away this reflect , not good when realism inhibit your driving sensations.

Hey guys, I'm starting play GTS seriously and I want to know: Can I play with a controller on a good level? If yes, is there some YouTube channel with tips to play with controller?

I don't have space in my house for a wheel right now, but I want to play in sport mode.

Sport mode mix players with controller and wheel?

Hey guys, I'm starting play GTS seriously and I want to know: Can I play with a controller on a good level? If yes, is there some YouTube channel with tips to play with controller?

I don't have space in my house for a wheel right now, but I want to play in sport mode.

First, welcome to GTPlanet! :)

Second, yes, it's very possible to play at a high level with a controller. Some of the world's fastest use controller.

Don't know of any particular channels with tips, but as with most, just keep at it, try to be smooth with the inputs and with time you'll get better.

I know it's a cliche, but practice practice practice is the key :)

Yes, you can play on a controller at a good level, but I sadly don't know a YouTube channel with some tips.:lol: So I will give you some, as I've known nothing but a controller for racing games. I do recommend that you increase your controller sensitivity to 5 or 6, as that will help you turn faster. As there is less range of movement compared to a wheel, it's important to maximise your input. Don't try to turn the car whilst under brakes or you will struggle to get round a corner, as I've found out many times. Make sure you feed the throttle in rather than just jamming it out of a corner, as you can make some serious gains simply by apply power at the right time. As with the brakes, modulation is critical in ensuring that you enter a corner as steadily as possible. When turning a corner, slowly release the brake instead coming off it instantly.

And yes, wheel users and controller users are mixed together in Sport Mode. But don't let that be a deterrent.

Yes, you can play on a controller at a good level, but I sadly don't know a YouTube channel with some tips.:lol: So I will give you some, as I've known nothing but a controller for racing games. I do recommend that you increase your controller sensitivity to 5 or 6, as that will help you turn faster. As there is less range of movement compared to a wheel, it's important to maximise your input. Don't try to turn the car whilst under brakes or you will struggle to get round a corner, as I've found out many times. Make sure you feed the throttle in rather than just jamming it out of a corner, as you can make some serious gains simply by apply power at the right time. As with the brakes, modulation is critical in ensuring that you enter a corner as steadily as possible. When turning a corner, slowly release the brake instead coming off it instantly.

And yes, wheel users and controller users are mixed together in Sport Mode. But don't let that be a deterrent.

Thank you for the tips. In my first week I was 2 sec slower than the better time in the race A. I will practice to get closer. :cheers:

Hey guys, is the LaFerrari worth buying with credits? Been holding off in case I get it in a Daily marathon but we all know how that goes down. :lol: Is it worth coughing up the credits?

Hey guys, is the LaFerrari worth buying with credits? Been holding off in case I get it in a Daily marathon but we all know how that goes down. :lol: Is it worth coughing up the credits?
Only use that in a MAX Power setting if you have the balls to get the Stage 8-5 total race time record (i.e. reaching No. 1 in the Top 10 Stars).

I got mine from DWG.

I do recommend that you increase your controller sensitivity to 5 or 6, as that will help you turn faster. As there is less range of movement compared to a wheel, it's important to maximise your input. Don't try to turn the car whilst under brakes or you will struggle to get round a corner, as I've found out many times. Make sure you feed the throttle in rather than just jamming it out of a corner, as you can make some serious gains simply by apply power at the right time. .

I, on the other hand, would advise low controller sensitivity, because it will make your cornering smoother. While you turn a wheel progressively, the controller stick moves fast, and reducing the sensitivity (1, 0, -1) helps to enter smoothly in curves, and reduces the "brutalitly" of direction change, which is particularly important if you want to play without TCS CSA etc..
In the end, if you want to play "seriously", you have to try out several settings and see what works on different tracks.

Autopolis is a circuit I am enjoying even more than I thought I would. I love how technical it is and I am even driving road cars there too which is something I never do.
I am really looking forward to taking the Dallara SF19 round here for some hotlaps.

Hopefully the inevitable career race here is more difficult than the insultingly easy Super GT event.
PD really need to add a new tier of difficulty to career.

Last edited:
Autopolis is a strange track to me. It takes a while to 'click'... I took to it on the Ueno Clinic car and in Gr2 and Gr1 cars and its the wrong way. The corners are too sharp and the track IMO does not suit the super fast cars.

You kind of need to hit in the old and new MX5s to get to know the track. Then try N400/500s and then go to the race cars.

Yes it does feel like it lacks grip and the corners are not easy to make out. Some corners do have that crappy technical feel but there's a few corners where you can chain drift if you want to (typical Japanese drift aesthetic).

I have yet to hit the 10 lap Gr2 and 30 lap GT3 but these wont be that easy.

Latest Posts

Back