Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

1. MIE1992

MIE1992

Funny enough, before you replied, I actually did get a clean P1. I uploaded the replay to my GTS profile, too.

Canucks_9419 and Tassie_tiger like this.
  2. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Nice work. Good stuff. :tup:

MIE1992 likes this.
  3. queleuleu

queleuleu

So Poly keeps hiring new staff, moved to bigger studios, works with outsourcing companies and free DLC every month. How?!

4. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

I set it to rear to counteract the braking understeer that occurs in these conditions. To me the cars handled like they were all FF anyways, so I chose to adjust it as though they were, even though they are all FR/MR.

MIE1992 likes this.
  5. MIE1992

MIE1992

But wouldn't less traction in an FR car cause oversteer?

6. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

PD invite a bunch media at there place and play 4 hour of there game. Sound like they counducting a new interview about the game.

MIE1992, emula and sirjim73 like this.
  7. bil coz

bil coz (Banned)

The classic oversteer of a FR car/understeer of a FF car happens after apex when you get back on throttle too early too strong.
    If the car has very little traction on the straight like in the rain, it will just go straight when you try to turn. So it makes sense to try and give the rear even less traction than the front to help turn in.

MIE1992 likes this.
  8. AKps3

AKps3

Quakebass, sirjim73, ProjectF and 4 others like this.
  9. Volksauto

Volksauto

RUI and Aero2000 like this.
  10. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Clean Racer and Volksauto like this.
  11. twitcher

twitcher

Shifting the Brake Bias towards the rear doesn’t really reduce rear traction. What it does do is reduce the work load being placed on the front tires during trail braking and turn in. By reducing the braking load on the front tires, it allows more of the front tire grip to be allocated to the lateral load caused by turning.

Clean Racer, MIE1992 and bil coz like this.
  12. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

That's being generous considering it took PD just two weeks to write and publish that story.

13. MIE1992

MIE1992

I would go nuts with joy if unranked matchmaking came to GTS. It could be a successor to GT6's Quick Match feature. I get that we have lobbies, but one never knows how long it may take for a race to begin.

14. bil coz

bil coz (Banned)

I agree and expressed it poorly

15. MIE1992

MIE1992

I’m wondering if in the next game, how Super Formula should be handled in Brand Central, especially in the scenario if Dallara would be added as its own automaker. I think the SF19 would stay in the Super Formula label, since Dallara was a contractor (and similarly, if Formula 3 becomes a “brand,” or Indycar, etc.) and if the Dallara Stradale was specifically added, then it’d be bought under the Dallara label.

It sorta reminds me of the coachbuilders, yeah. Though I think Red Bull should also be added as one of the “brands,” and that’s where you’d find many of the Red Bull cars.

There could also be a way to filter a future iteration or successor to Brand Central by the actual automakers, governing bodies/racing series/other brands like Lewis Hamilton, coachbuilders, and especially tuners.

Otherwise, I do look forward to the fact they’ve got the Ridge Racer UI designer, and I think blending the dealerships with the museum function (and including non-automaker brands, like the partners) is a genuinely good idea with a decent amount of further potential. Especially if more of the cars that are featured in each museum came to the series as being playable vehicles.

Another idea would be that instead of having three areas on the main screen, and then having the player scroll down, they could pick one of the three sections, and then “mouse-over” a nation, where upon selection, they could see the brands associated with that nation. You could zoom-in, too, for selecting smaller nations. When “mousing over” a brand, you can see where on the map they are specifically based within that nation.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    ProjectF likes this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

We had that with the Tuner brands.

See? That logic thing again. Even though Gran Turismo is a JApanese created game, the GT Awards cars are found in the Japan section of Brand Central. However, most of those cars are USA made.

The Amuse S2000 is a special GT model. Same for the Red Bull cars. Yet, the Gran Turismo created, fantasy Mazda RTC, is in Mazda Brand Central.
    We got the first GT award winning Buick, in the Buick Dealership.

sirjim73 likes this.
  17. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

The more you know

18. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Another Roadster TC based on the ND platform? :lol:

19. 05XR8

05XR8

It's already modeled. Just a matter of when.

Satomiblood likes this.
  20. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Can someone just go and sneak in to PD’s main office and hit the upload button on the N200 Tuned ND Roadster and Gr.B Volkswagen VGT?

sirjim73 and ProjectF like this.
  21. LancerEvo7

LancerEvo7

Sure.
    No.

JoaoSilva and GTPorsche like this.
  22. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

This event was held today, where three Polyphony Digital employees (including a landscape artist) gave a presentation on procedural generation.

It was live streamed by CEDEC on YouTube (it was in R501) but all the videos on their channel are now private. Can anyone find the video or slides somewhere else?

http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2019/session/live

23. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

It tells me that video is private :confused:

24. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

See bold.

Shingo_civic likes this.
  25. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

Im blind lol

26. Sander 001

Sander 001

Sony doing a Only on PlayStation collection for their games of the generation. No GT Sport lol but they put last generation remasters in it :boggled:
    Damn even Wipeout getting more respect than GT :sick:

[​IMG]

27. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Got all excited to make a high power time attack car out of the GT-R Gr4 tonight and discovered that you can only raise the power to 493hp?!? What the heck.

28. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. It's embarrasing running it against N1000 cars at Tsukuba.

29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Just noticed the EVO is the same, and I swear I had it up to a lot more power than that in the past. Is this something they recently changed?

30. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

As far as I know, the Gr.4 cars have all been HP maxed around 500hp. Not sure if they were ever higher than that. IMO, they're not very good at 500hp though.

TrafficEmpire likes this.