Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I do admit I got a little too emotional there, and I’d like to offer an apology. But I did have some ideas I wanted to just put out there. FB sounds good.

Moving on, how do you recommend getting gold on the GT League Gr.2 race @ RBR wet? I’m using a brake balance that’s all the way to the front with TCS set to 1. I think my best position has been 4th. I feel it’s a bit hard to go quickly through the turns without spinning out, and I use throttle control a lot, too. Maybe I should crank TCS up to 2?
Run the BB to the rear for better turn in, I also found that running 2nd gear a little harder prevented 3rd gear from bogging down and losing time. Was a very fun challenge of a race!

Run the BB to the rear for better turn in, I also found that running 2nd gear a little harder prevented 3rd gear from bogging down and losing time. Was a very fun challenge of a race!
Wouldn’t having it all the way to the front be better since it’s a rear-wheel drive car, and due to the rain having reduced traction in general? Like, how do the physics benefit from putting the brake bias rearward on a car & track combination like this?

EDIT: Also, when viewing replays, what're the differences between selecting to view "race info" and "all"? They seem to have the same effect, and I can't see any difference.

EDIT2: How does anyone beat that GT League race where it's Gr.2 @ RBR Wet? So far, moving ABS up to 2 has helped me, but even when I turn the downforce up (both front and rear) to about 75% of the maximum, I still end up behind the leader by about 6 seconds. Am I suppose to just use Mileage Points upgrades on the power/weight, then maximize and minimize those respective metrics, and then just cheese it? I typically like a challenge, but this is getting frustrating.

Last edited:
Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71

4408jdd.png

Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71

4408jdd.png

Where'd you get your hands on this photo? Also are we able to ID the green muscle car on the right? I want to say it's a Cuda but it could be the already-existing Camaro Z28 or Dodge Challenger for all we know...

Where'd you get your hands on this photo? Also are we able to ID the green muscle car on the right? I want to say it's a Cuda but it could be the already-existing Camaro Z28 or Dodge Challenger for all we know...
That's a hockey stripe, and I don't remember that being an option in GT Sport for the Challenger that we already have. Looks to be a Cuda.

The Coronet seems like a very out-of-left-field addition especially considering it's a slightly more obscure American muscle car, but then again we do have a modded 1967 Nova and other weird new-to-series additions such as the two trucks and the Pantera...

That looks like the HemiCuda model in the photo. The already mention hockey stripe decal is very different from the AAR Cuda from GT6 and the dog dish wheels HemiCudas have.

That looks like the HemiCuda model in the photo. The already mention hockey stripe decal is very different from the AAR Cuda from GT6 and the dog dish wheels HemiCudas have.
The shape of the rear quarter window doesn't match. And although the HemiCuda has similar side stripes, they don't match. They more closely resemble the Super Bee.

Edit: Some Super Bees also had dog dishes.

Wouldn’t having it all the way to the front be better since it’s a rear-wheel drive car, and due to the rain having reduced traction in general? Like, how do the physics benefit from putting the brake bias rearward on a car & track combination like this?

EDIT: Also, when viewing replays, what're the differences between selecting to view "race info" and "all"? They seem to have the same effect, and I can't see any difference.

EDIT2: How does anyone beat that GT League race where it's Gr.2 @ RBR Wet? So far, moving ABS up to 2 has helped me, but even when I turn the downforce up (both front and rear) to about 75% of the maximum, I still end up behind the leader by about 6 seconds. Am I suppose to just use Mileage Points upgrades on the power/weight, then maximize and minimize those respective metrics, and then just cheese it? I typically like a challenge, but this is getting frustrating.
What car are you using?
Do you have any other Gr.2 cars?
Controller or wheel?

I haven't tried the race but it sounds like a challenge so I might give it a go.
If I can come up with a decent tune I'll post it for you.

The green car is way too short to be a Coronet, it's definitely a Cuda.

Edit: I've changed my tune, and agree the Coronet/Super Bee is a much better match.

Attachments

• MS488BK.JPG
    MS488BK.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Spa on Thursday? Maybe if the problem was not getting clearance from Sony in time for the last update, as Famine theorized, they could bring it, plus whatever cars they got in store (like the 365 and whatever muscle car that is).

On a side note I guess the rampage of classic road cars hasn't ended...

Cool another muscle car 👍 I just hope Poly is secretly working on some premium muscle cars like the Plymouth Superbird or a Dodge Charger. This class of cars seems to be overlooked by Poly, fortunately Forza is here too.

I only have the RC-F, and I’m using a DS4.
Well I've given it a quick go.
It was a bit of fun, so thanks. 👍

I'm not sure if this will help. :indiff:
To be honest I found the standard setup not too bad, and I didn't know what issues you were having.
I'm also hopeless on a controller these days so I haven't bothered to test it that way.

Anyway, I went with only adjusting the car to try and help keep the back end in check.
So I softened it, straightened the wheels, opened the diff., more downforce, longer gears, and less power.
(Gears I just set Max. Speed to 200mph and adjusted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)

The car can certainly go quicker, but I wasn't trying to tune it for the fastest lap time.

I ran it on Inters. Probably should have tested the Heavy's but didn't bother.
Probably should have put more time into tuning it too for that matter, but see what you think.
I tuned it using only ABS on Default and no other aids.
This may at least give you some breathing room if you wish to add some aids due to being on a controller.

Unfortunately I had a better run the first time I tried the race, but I had the stupid Snowball mic. on and all the audio was echoed, so I had to run the race again. :ouch:
Second time around I over-cooked a few corners and got a bit lazy.
But here's a video of me doing the race.
Yep ... I'm a pleb that uses cones and chase cam. :lol:

Braking points for the main braking zones at the end of the long straights is actually the white line before the cones.
The video always shows it being later than it really is.
My only tip is to avoid the kerb on the Turn 3(?) hairpin, and don't throttle hard if on the inside half of the track for that corner.
It prefers to be pointing straight and on the outside of the track.
Otherwise it seems to handle most corners, different racing lines, kerbs, and sausages quite well. 👍

Back